List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t think anyone disagrees with the premise here.

Just that where we are right now, actively choosing to trade out one of our top 3 players just to take speculative players/picks isn’t what we should be doing.

Retaining talent and finding FA /mid range players is where we should focus.

You’re bottom 6 in any side are usually the difference over the course a game and season. It’s rarely the top 3.
I was just looking at De Goeys 2014 draft. We really nailed it. You might say pick 5 was a no brainer but there were a lot of misses in the group

I was just looking at De Goeys 2014 draft. We really nailed it. You might say pick 5 was a no brainer but there were a lot of misses in the group
Same with every draft!!

You don’t trade known high quality for speculative picks unless you have to.

Re: Degoey….the only time I’ve seen Hine call out a name faster was when he called Luke Ball at 30 in 2009.

Hine is on record as saying he saw JDG play once and that was enough.

unsurprisingly you're still missing the point of my original statement.

If you can't understand what I've been trying to say, I'm just going to stop wasting my time.
I understand completely. I just don’t think you’re able to fully grasp the idea that 2/3 of the players you suggested would be unobtainable. And that’s not even taking in to account the fact you’d have to convince Jordy to move clubs too. It’s not like you could force him to go to a certain club to make x trade work.
I’m glad you’re going to stop wasting your time with this nonsense, because although it’s interesting in theory, you very clearly haven’t put a great deal of thought in to the intricacies and reality of the scenario.

Don’t think anyone disagrees with the premise here.

Just that where we are right now, actively choosing to trade out one of our top 3 players just to take speculative players/picks isn’t what we should be doing.

Retaining talent and finding FA /mid range players is where we should focus.

You’re bottom 6 in any side are usually the difference over the course a game and season. It’s rarely the top 3.
I never said to trade him for some speculative players or picks...
That's not the purpose of considering his draft value.
If a speculative pick is all we could get for him, then it's not worth it...

I understand completely. I just don’t think you’re able to fully grasp the idea that 2/3 of the players you suggested would be unobtainable. And that’s not even taking in to account the fact you’d have to convince Jordy to move clubs too. It’s not like you could force him to go to a certain club to make x trade work.
I’m glad you’re going to stop wasting your time with this nonsense, because although it’s interesting in theory, you very clearly haven’t put a great deal of thought in to the intricacies and reality of the scenario.
This shows me you don't understand

The bulk of BF wanted Laverde or Wright (I was in the Wright camp) at 5. Everyone considered Jordy a reach at 5, much like they considered Pendles a reach at 5.

I never said to trade him for some speculative players or picks...
That's not the purpose of considering his draft value.
If a speculative pick is all we could get for him, then it's not worth it...

Any draft pick is speculative.
Any pick.

So if you want picks, even if they are both top5….plenty that never reach the status of JDG….and usually it’s 2+ years before you know anyway.

As for players, there are no KPP players that are young that are worth it except maybe Walter for GC….and even then the jury is out.

So based on all of that, no young KPP is close to the worth that jordy is to date.

Again…I agree with the premise. But not the player or the time (in terms of where we’re at).

Risk = massive.
Reward = very little.

This shows me you don't understand
Yes yes, you’re a genius and nobody can grasp how your amazing mind works. Just like all the other misunderstood genius BF posters who got shot down before you.

Yes yes, you’re a genius and nobody can grasp how your amazing mind works. Just like all the other misunderstood genius BF posters who got shot down before you.
It's just simple, you have to understand what I'm trying to say before going off on tangents.

Any draft pick is speculative.
Any pick.

So if you want picks, even if they are both top5….plenty that never reach the status of JDG….and usually it’s 2+ years before you know anyway.

As for players, there are no KPP players that are young that are worth it except maybe Walter for GC….and even then the jury is out.

So based on all of that, no young KPP is close to the worth that jordy is to date.

Again…I agree with the premise. But not the player or the time (in terms of where we’re at).

Risk = massive.
Reward = very little reward
Once again, finding JDG trade value doesn't equate to trading him for a packet of chips...

This is not what I've stated and your misinterpretation of my comment is far from the point!

Once again, finding JDG trade value doesn't equate to trading him for a packet of chips...

This is not what I've stated and your misinterpretation of my comment is far from the point!
Can I ask what is the point?
Because your original post said (and I’m paraphrasing because I CBF looking it up)
“I love jordy but I’d consider trading him for young KPP talent. Have to consider his trade value”.

So…if not discussing his trade value, what was the point that we’re all missing?

What is his trade value btw?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I ask what is the point?
Because your original post said (and I’m paraphrasing because I CBF looking it up)
“I love jordy but I’d consider trading him for young KPP talent. Have to consider his trade value”.

So…if not discussing his trade value, what was the point that we’re all missing?

What is his trade value btw?
I think he knew it was a silly point in the first place when he said 'I expect you to all yell at me'...

Even sillier to double down when everyone did 🤪

The bulk of BF wanted Laverde or Wright (I was in the Wright camp) at 5. Everyone considered Jordy a reach at 5, much like they considered Pendles a reach at 5.
Yeah I recall both of them. After his GF, Dale Thomas at pick two made a lot of sense while Pendles was considered an absolute roughy and a waste of an early pick according to the draft experts in the media

This should have been his focus for last 2-3 years
A mid spot is / has been there
A spot for a repeat lead up forward (to centreline) is / has been there
If he doesn’t have a tank now, he never will.

So many excuses for players. I trust the club to know Reef’s strengths and weaknesses now.

I think he knew it was a silly point in the first place when he said 'I expect you to all yell at me'...

Even sillier to double down 🤪
I’m a bit more understanding of the comment TBH.
It’s a discussion forum.
And he (rightly) knew people would lose it at the suggestion!!

Everyone has different view on things and that’s fine.

I agree with the concept….but player, time and situation are important factors.

But I’m now not even sure what I’m discussing. :)

So going to leave it there and move on!

Yes... correct. Consider his trade value. I'm so glad you asked.

For EXAMPLE If he's worth 3 1st round picks (AGAIN, its an example), would that be enough to persuade the pies to move him?
THEN the question begs, what could the Pies get for 3 1st round picks... what we get for them be worth what JDG provides for us in the next 5 years?

Could one or two of those picks get us someone of significant KPP (intentionally not named as I don't wish to argue which one is/will be better) or maybe a 1st and our second... could we turn it into future picks... or multiple second round picks... as we have one of the oldest lists...

This is what the process of considering trade/market value.

Nothing wrong with having an opinion. I mean we can't want eagles to trade their best defender while in contract, vice captain and then rebute us trading a great player as well. Bit hyocritical.

Not that either situations will happen of course.

Last page bickering about the hypothetical trading DeGoey dead boring, just a heads up for anyone considering flicking back.

On a more interesting note, if McDonald speculation has any legs, what’s he worth in a trade? Imagine Sydney would want next 2 years first rounders (if that mechanism comes in) - that would make me a bit gun-shy personally.

Next years first and Hawks 2024 2nd rounder and I’d pull the trigger.

If he doesn’t have a tank now, he never will.

So many excuses for players. I trust the club to know Reef’s strengths and weaknesses now.
not necessarily. I don't think Jordy had a tank early on in his career either. Look at him now.
Things can change with more dedication on getting fitter.

Last page bickering about the hypothetical trading DeGoey dead boring, just a heads up for anyone considering flicking back.

On a more interesting note, if McDonald speculation has any legs, what’s he worth in a trade? Imagine Sydney would want next 2 years first rounders (if that mechanism comes in) - that would make me a bit gun-shy personally.

Next years first and Hawks 2024 2nd rounder and I’d pull the trigger.
He’s absolutely not Worth 2 firsts.
OOC.

So can happily park that thought.

I’d be ok with your suggestion, but with Syd 3rd coming back. Or a swap of 2nds (depending on which 2nd Syd end up with).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back