List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

What rubbish about JDG.

I'm always open to things but our 28 year old match winner, JDG is hard to replicate with size speed skills and overall X factor gets traded while we are in a potential window.

Absolute rubbish.
Just a hypothetical that went far too long!!!

I apologise for responding and making it longer than it ever should have been.

Yes... correct. That's what I said.
Consider his trade value. I'm so glad you asked.

For EXAMPLE If JDG worth 3 1st round picks (AGAIN, its an example), would that be enough to persuade the pies to move him?
THEN the question begs, what could the Pies get for 3 1st round picks...
AND what we get for them, would they be worth what JDG provides for us in the next 5 years?

Could one or two of those picks get us a significant KPP (intentionally not named as I don't wish to argue which one is/will be better) or maybe a 1st and our second...
Could we turn it into future picks...
Or multiple second round picks, as we have one of the oldest playing list.

This is what the process of considering trade/market value.
3 first round picks? Are you talking about picks 21, 22 and 23 or picks 1, 2 and 3 or something in between? There is a massive difference between 1st rounds picks.

I wouldn't do the 1st 3 picks, but there is no way we are getting the second 3 picks.

The reason we wouldn't trade Jordan is because we are in the window at the moment. Logan McDonald could be a player but he won't be a very good player for a few years yet.
Sure we could rapidly fall down the ladder the next few years and trading Jordan in hindsight might be the right call. However let's see if we can get another premiership with Jordan in 2024, 25 or 26.

Mods are fielding offers to trade you to the Melbourne board
And to be Bigfooty trade serious….

I’m sure Melb Mods will seek a direct swap for Danster.

My question is what else are the mods looking for in the trade?
I feel like I want to pies board to get some value for my trade.

I don’t think Logan McDonald is that dominant FF we are looking for. Very good player and young but does not clunk enough marks imo. For example I think McLean is much more of an aerial threat for swans.

I don’t think Logan McDonald is that dominant FF we are looking for. Very good player and young but does not clunk enough marks imo. For example I think McLean is much more of an aerial threat for swans.
McLean takes less marks per game and less contested marks per game than McDonald despite his height and weight advantage, so your judgement is a bit off there.

He certainly isn't that good yet. You'd be recruiting based on future projections.

McLean takes less marks per game and less contested marks per game than McDonald despite his height and weight advantage, so your judgement is a bit off there.

One is a permanent key forward, the other ruck/forward who spends significantly less time on ground and who is far less often the inside 50 target. 2cm between them. McLean more physical IMO. I am content with my judgment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One is a permanent key forward, the other ruck/forward who spends significantly less time on ground and who is far less often the inside 50 target. 2cm between them. McLean more physical IMO. I am content with my judgment.
And you're entitled to your opinion & it's a valid argument. Personally I'd prefer McDonald. I think his scope for improvement is higher & is better at finding separation on the lead. I think the MCG would suit him as a home ground as well.

And you're entitled to your opinion & it's a valid argument. Personally I'd prefer McDonald. I think his scope for improvement is higher & is better at finding separation on the lead. I think the MCG would suit him as a home ground as well.

It’s not that I’d prefer McLean. More that I am not all in on McDonald. He’s not projecting as, for example, Tom lynch levels of good. But you may be right about the MCG suiting Logan.

It’s not that I’d prefer McLean. More that I am not all in on McDonald. He’s not projecting as, for example, Tom lynch levels of good. But you may be right about the MCG suiting Logan.
The fact that he isn't killing it on field at the moment is not such a bad thing in terms of price paid. But he is young & will improve. My concern about Logan even nominating us would be how much Sydney ask for. They usually rip us off in trade. We pay overs for players coming to us & get stuff all back when we trade to them.

Never said anything about inside 50. In theory it should be easier for a strong marking ruckman to get more marks around the ground than a permanent forward, but he doesn’t. Not sure the 10% game time makes a whole lot of difference but if it makes you feel better then ok.

I think many want McDonald simply because he’s a KPF that’s “potentially” gettable. Objectively speaking I don’t think he’s setting the world on fire. They mentioned last week he’d only won a single 1 v 1 contest all season inside 50.

Still young yes, but Ugle Hagan is the same age and has been tracking well ahead.

I wouldn’t want us to sell the farm for him.

I think many want McDonald simply because he’s a KPF that’s “potentially” gettable. Objectively speaking I don’t think he’s setting the world on fire. They mentioned last week he’d only won a single 1 v 1 contest all season inside 50.

Still young yes, but Ugle Hagan is the same age and has been tracking well ahead.

I’m not all that fussed on the idea of a contested marking beast over a good leading key forward, which is what Logan projects more as.

I agree JUH is tracking well ahead as an overall package, but he’s in the elite and unobtainable bracket.

And the lustre of pre-draft hype sticks around for ages. I'm not convinced that he'd currently be best 22 for us without injuries. But you'd be recruiting him for future potential rather than just the here and now.

Let’s NBA this.

1) Reef + future 1st + future 2nd for Tracc
2) Future FUTURE 1st + future FUTURE FUTRUE second for McDonald
3) Allan + 1 x FUTURE FUTURE FUTRE 1st, 2nd, 3rd and a signed photo of Chad Morrison for Harley Reid

As I stated in my initial post what is it people are hoping for if we get him?

I was in Sydney earlier this week and we were talking about Logan McDonald. Sydney want to keep him but not at any price. Out of all of Sydney’s galaxy of stars they need to fit into their salary cap it is McDonald they see as the most expendable. Supporters feel that the longer he holds out the more likely he is leaving. They are accepting of losing him to WA but not to Collingwood

I liked him in his draft year. Posters on here have indicated he is exactly what we need. But what is it we need? And does he fit the role?

Are our current expectations based on his draft year profile? and that he was a dyed in the wool Pies supporter? Is it because he kicked 4 goals against us in Round 0? Is it because he is 195/196cm?

Sydney drafted him to be their KPF but he not turned out to be that player yet.…

Sydney have tried him as a KPF full forward. He wasn’t a big contested mark, didn’t tackle and went missing too often. Joel Amartey has since surpassed him as the Swans preferred full forward

He has played 58 games. Of which in 18 games he failed to kick a goal. In 17 games he kicked 1 goal & in the remaining 23 he has kicked multiple goals

They have tried him at CHF and have played him high forward. He has struggled to get near the ball. He has also been used as a decoy forward

This year he currently sits 6th on their goal-kicking with 21 goals in a team full of goal kickers

What is he worth? Heaven forbid should we get him & "overpay for him" and he hasn’t kicked 40+ goals by round 14

I am hoping he will he be better suited on the vast space of the MCG? (where he has kicked 19.15 in 11 games – 1.72 goals per game ) rather than the small space of the SCG (where he has kicked 32.18 in 27 games – 1.18 goals per game) where playing CHF regularly gets overlooked

I used Ash Johnson’s stats as a comparison last night & included Max King’s & JUH’s stats today as a comparison today. King is considered at this point as having not lived up to his potential (and reportedly also gettable) and JUH is considered to be a champion. McDonald sits only marginally below them on stats.

Logan McDonald (Age 22) Pick 4 in 2020 draft.
58 games
Career Av: 6.3 K, 3.5 HB, 3.9 CP, 4.2 M, 1.5 MI50, 0.7 CM, 1.3 G, 0.9 BH, 1.4T, 0.5 T150, 1.4 I50
2024 (14 games): 7.5 K, 3.1 HB, 5.2 CP, 4.9 M, 2.0 MI50, 1.0 CM, 1.5 G, 1.1 BH, 1.3T, 2.0 I50

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (Born same day as McDonald) Pick 1 in 2020 draft.
57 games
Career Av: 7.3 K, 2.5 HB, 4.5 CP, 4.5 M, 2.4MI50, 1.3 CM, 1.5 G, 1.3 BH, 1.1T, .05 T150, 2.1 I50
2024 (12 games): 8.4 K, 2.2 HB, 5.3 CP, 5.0 M, 3.0 MI50, 2.0 CM, 1.9 G, 1.6 BH, 1.2T, 1.9 I50

Max King (Age 23) Pick 4 in 2018 draft.
82 games
Career Av: 7.8 K, 2.8 HB, 6.1 CP, 5.2 M, 3.2 MI50, 2.2 CM, 2.4 G, 1.9 BH, 0.7T, 0.5 T150, 1.4 I50
2024 (11 games): 7.3 K, 3.2 HB, 4.0 CP, 4.3 M, 2.0 MI50, 1.6 CM, 1.7 G, 0.9 BH, 0.7T, 2.6 I50

As I stated in my initial post what is it people are hoping for if we get him?

I was in Sydney earlier this week and we were talking about Logan McDonald. Sydney want to keep him but not at any price. Out of all of Sydney’s galaxy of stars they need to fit into their salary cap it is McDonald they see as the most expendable. Supporters feel that the longer he holds out the more likely he is leaving. They are accepting of losing him to WA but not to Collingwood

I liked him in his draft year. Posters on here have indicated he is exactly what we need. But what is it we need? And does he fit the role?

Are our current expectations based on his draft year profile? and that he was a dyed in the wool Pies supporter? Is it because he kicked 4 goals against us in Round 0? Is it because he is 195/196cm?

Sydney drafted him to be their KPF but he not turned out to be that player yet.…

Sydney have tried him as a KPF full forward. He wasn’t a big contested mark, didn’t tackle and went missing too often. Joel Amartey has since surpassed him as the Swans preferred full forward

He has played 58 games. Of which in 18 games he failed to kick a goal. In 17 games he kicked 1 goal & in the remaining 23 he has kicked multiple goals

They have tried him at CHF and have played him high forward. He has struggled to get near the ball. He has also been used as a decoy forward

This year he currently sits 6th on their goal-kicking with 21 goals in a team full of goal kickers

What is he worth? Heaven forbid should we get him & "overpay for him" and he hasn’t kicked 40+ goals by round 14

I am hoping he will he be better suited on the vast space of the MCG? (where he has kicked 19.15 in 11 games – 1.72 goals per game ) rather than the small space of the SCG (where he has kicked 32.18 in 27 games – 1.18 goals per game) where playing CHF regularly gets overlooked

I used Ash Johnson’s stats as a comparison last night & included Max King’s & JUH’s stats today as a comparison today. King is considered at this point as having not lived up to his potential (and reportedly also gettable) and JUH is considered to be a champion. McDonald sits only marginally below them on stats.

Logan McDonald (Age 22) Pick 4 in 2020 draft.
58 games
Career Av: 6.3 K, 3.5 HB, 3.9 CP, 4.2 M, 1.5 MI50, 0.7 CM, 1.3 G, 0.9 BH, 1.4T, 0.5 T150, 1.4 I50
2024 (14 games): 7.5 K, 3.1 HB, 5.2 CP, 4.9 M, 2.0 MI50, 1.0 CM, 1.5 G, 1.1 BH, 1.3T, 2.0 I50

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (Born same day as McDonald) Pick 1 in 2020 draft.
57 games
Career Av: 7.3 K, 2.5 HB, 4.5 CP, 4.5 M, 2.4MI50, 1.3 CM, 1.5 G, 1.3 BH, 1.1T, .05 T150, 2.1 I50
2024 (12 games): 8.4 K, 2.2 HB, 5.3 CP, 5.0 M, 3.0 MI50, 2.0 CM, 1.9 G, 1.6 BH, 1.2T, 1.9 I50

Max King (Age 23) Pick 4 in 2018 draft.
82 games
Career Av: 7.8 K, 2.8 HB, 6.1 CP, 5.2 M, 3.2 MI50, 2.2 CM, 2.4 G, 1.9 BH, 0.7T, 0.5 T150, 1.4 I50
2024 (11 games): 7.3 K, 3.2 HB, 4.0 CP, 4.3 M, 2.0 MI50, 1.6 CM, 1.7 G, 0.9 BH, 0.7T, 2.6 I50
I am one of those guys who thinks Logan is projecting fine as a tall forward so his worth is similar to what he was worth when first drafted.
However does he play the Collingwood way and apply pressure? I'm not sure. I'm also one of the rare few who thinks that we don't necessarily need a tall forward apart from someone like McStay or Cox to bring it to ground. Because our game style going forward is unpredictable and relies on multiple players to bob up and kick goals.
Most of our players must apply pressure to keep it there as well. All of our forwards can do that accept Cox. McStay, Kreuger and Mihocek are all good at this for their size.

Neither was the praying mantis (Hipwood) at Brisbane a year or two ago.
Things can change and in the right team he might just become the Big Banana

On SM-A556E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back