List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Werent we in to Schultz early last year and none of that was seen until trade time ?
I think we and other clubs had interest in him for when he would come OOC. But nobody actually saw him requesting a trade last year, that came late. Because once being home he realised he wanted to come home. He originally had no intention leaving last year.
Plus that came on top of adams leaving, so reckon we wouldn't have gone there if Adams stayed. So a domino effect really.

How do the swans keep everyone under the salary cap. Lucky, he resigned for them, Target Max king

If it’s not lifestyle, I’d love to know why we’re not a red hot chance

(If it’s why I think it is…)

It Jon Ralph. He also said that Treloar was 100% going to the Tigers. He’s guessing.

Whatever $$ - we're meant to have a "war chest" so I'd imagine he get well paid but not in the outer limits due to knee / where he's at.

Trade...what get's it done?
I'd like to know what Cat's are going to offer
He's not just coming off a knee injury; he was pretty ordinary the year before as well.

Club valuations of him would vary a lot I'd suggest.

Werent we in to Schultz early last year and none of that was seen until trade time ?
Yes. Anyone who believes that Schultz was a last minute thing is naive. You don’t pack up and move to the other side of the country without putting serious thought in to it beforehand.

Bailey loves the Daicos boys.
whether a player is friends with another player is generally not factored into where a player lands when moving. Thats in the same vein as "said player grew up supporting said club" its a nice thought but not a driving factor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It Jon Ralph. He also said that Treloar was 100% going to the Tigers. He’s guessing.

Probably not flat out guessing, but a combo of sources at the Cats plus some educated...well guessing I guess lol

In the end, what draft capital do we have to pry him out of the Dogs? Basically none.

Although having said that, do we need to trade with them? Is he OOC?

Probably not flat out guessing, but a combo of sources at the Cats plus some educated...well guessing I guess lol

In the end, what draft capital do we have to pry him out of the Dogs? Basically none.

Yeah, I don't think anyone should be surprised by this point. The noise around this last month or so has been cats v hawks. Even Glenn McFarlane who is a well respected journo, who has pies connections said we were further back from those two clubs when it came to smith.

Yeah OOC, so would need to trade. Dogs will be wanting a 2024 first rounder as they dont currently have one. Hawks and Geelong do and would be willing to use it.

Jon Ralph says we're 0% chance of landing Smith.

So TradeDraft can go ahead and start the "Welcome to Collingwood Bailey Smith" thread now. He's a lock.

Nonsense. If he nominates us we have our future first, potentially a player, and it’s also looking like we’ll be able to use future picks from 2 years in advance. Saying we have nothing is short sighted.

Nonsense. If he nominates us we have our future first, potentially a player, and it’s also looking like we’ll be able to use future picks from 2 years in advance. Saying we have nothing is short sighted.
Think the dogs want a current first, and thats clearly what his manager would have told him. That we would unlikely have the capital. That he should look elsewhere.

Or maybe we were never a contender anyway and this was just the media talking.

When talking about trading futures, it seems that is to get back into the draft, Given we have our eye on some forwards -- someone has Dekka tied up and muzzled out the back.

Think the dogs want a current first, and thats clearly what his manager would have told him. That we would unlikely have the capital. That he should look elsewhere.
When talking about trading futures, it seems that is to get back into the draft, Given we have our eye on some forwards -- someone has Dekka tied up and muzzled out the back.
Seriously doubt that would be the case. It’s not like we couldn’t find a way to trade in to this draft if that’s what was required. If his manager knows his player has his heart set on going somewhere then they nominate and the clubs find a way to make it work. I hate the way Ollie Henry’s manager went about it, but he got his player where he wanted to go and that’s what they’re paid for. Not to sit there and say “oh well maybe you can go somewhere else”.

Seriously doubt that would be the case. It’s not like we couldn’t find a way to trade in to this draft if that’s what was required. If his manager knows his player has his heart set on going somewhere then they nominate and the clubs find a way to make it work. I hate the way Ollie Henry’s manager went about it, but he got his player where he wanted to go and that’s what they’re paid for. Not to sit there and say “oh well maybe you can go somewhere else”.
Not too many clubs in geelong lol

But yeah, if a player was set on someone he would get there.
Just seems Smith wasn't fussed, and who knows, maybe he has decided to rule us out, and he is deciding between hawks and Geelong. Maybe both those clubs were offering more money, who knows.
But from all reports, he was seen looking at houses down near geelong prior to his trip. I think since around then, it was becoming clear those two clubs were front runners.

Last edited:
Not too many clubs in geelong lol

But yeah, if a player was set on someone he would get there.
Just seems Smith wasn't fussed, and who knows, maybe he has decided to rule us out, and he is deciding between hawks and Geelong. Maybe both those clubs were offering more money, who knows.
But from all reports, he was seen looking at houses down near geelong prior to his trip. I think since around then, it was becoming clear those two clubs were front runners.
Maybe even we cooled on Smith? - is he high maintenance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back