List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure F/S rule changes but if McGuane keeps tracking upward scale will we need our first round or look to trade it anyhow for points?
I don't think they're going to go as hard on the points system as some think. I think they'll still be bargains.

Time will tell, but my guess is making NGA matchable from pick 1 is to appease other clubs whilst continuing to give the Northern clubs a leg up with their academies.

If that's right, getting mcguane cheaply will be fools gold as both the Northern clubs and the WA clubs, who have access to all indigenous kids from WA, will do better in the long run

Not sure F/S rule changes but if McGuane keeps tracking upward scale will we need our first round or look to trade it anyhow for points?
Can we go into deficit to take him?

Only asking because our midfield needs help. While we have the Daicos boys, why not throw a F1 for Smith (fits age bracket), push hard for LDU as a UFA and still nab Mcguane?

We will have a truck load of money.

While the competition is tight, I’d be going all in again, holding onto Pendles, Sidey and Howe for another year. They don’t have to play 24 home and away games, but will still need their leadership to coach the young guys onfield.

Perhaps we should look to flip Schultz.

What would he be worth to a side crying out for a small forward?

With Elliott, Hill, McCreery, Harrison and Richards it's the only area of the ground where we have some depth in.

Not a judgement on Schultz but hard to think of many others we could possibly afford to lose who also have some currency.

Only asking because our midfield needs help. While we have the Daicos boys, why not throw a F1 for Smith (fits age bracket), push hard for LDU as a UFA and still nab Mcguane?

While the competition is tight, I’d be going all in again, holding onto Pendles, Sidey and Howe for another year. They don’t have to play 24 home and away games, but will still need their leadership to coach the young guys onfield.

I think the plan will be to have a crack for the next 4 years - add and gradually replace around the core of Daicos, Daicos, Maynard, Moore, JDG, IQ, Hill, Schultz, McStay, Checkers, Elliott, McCreery, Cameron.

After then, JDG, Moore and Bruzzy will be 33 - Tassies big concessions will be mainly done and it'll be time to rebuild - unless we've added enough quality around the Daicos boys to keep loading up.

Perhaps we should look to flip Schultz.

What would he be worth to a side crying out for a small forward?

With Elliott, Hill, McCreery, Harrison and Richards it's the only area of the ground where we have some depth in.

Not a judgement on Schultz but hard to think of many others we could possibly afford to lose who also have some currency.
Your postings are all delusional.
Get a grip

I think can go into deficit. But have to see what those FS rule changes will be along with future picks rule changes. I think I heard consideration to be able to swap future picks 2yrs on?

Whilst not much currency attached I’d say MaCrae, AJ will be shopped around. Maybe even Noble.

Then potentially one or two of our top line players we wouldn’t even think of.

IQ’s brother in this year and hopefully he comes good sooner rather than later.

As for rest of our list comings and going, I’m certain our club has been looking into it for a couple of years already.

Last edited:
I think the plan will be to have a crack for the next 4 years - add and gradually replace around the core of Daicos, Daicos, Maynard, Moore, JDG, IQ, Hill, Schultz, McStay, Checkers, Elliott, McCreery, Cameron.

After then, JDG, Moore and Bruzzy will be 33 - Tassies big concessions will be mainly done and it'll be time to rebuild - unless we've added enough quality around the Daicos boys to keep loading up.
Have a crack at a flag for the next 4 years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lobb is clearly an upgrade on what we have and we should target him if he's gettable. I suspect though he'll remain at the Dogs as they'd be insane to trade him
Lobb is 32 next year, he is not the answer. Plus we would need to trade for him, rather take a kid in the draft

Lobb is a complete spud with no heart on a big contract.

Murphy missing isn't causing Moore to drop marks or miss handpasses
Lobb is a monster, he’s mobile, marking everything at the moment and in great form. He has been for a few weeks. Maybe he’s found his calling as a defender.
If Lobb can lock down on a tall, it frees Moore up to be more of an intercept player like he was when Murphy was in the team.
I agree Moore is badly out of form. I just think this would help get him back to his best.
If we have money and no picks, Lobb is worth a shot.

Mids the priority. Still have a generational player in nick d. Have to be creative without picks. Look at what Geelong have done in targeting young and under appreciated players.
A Peatling or Stone type from GWS for example would be good additions. A Battle type thou looks like going elsewhere or a Hewitt from Carlton. Than draft a KPF with whatever first pick and develop while mcstay is around.
Better that than wasting time on Smith McDonald etc who we don't have the currency for

Going to be very interesting what the club does. Of all the 30+ WHE Pendles and Side b are the only ones out of contract and all could conceivably go around again.
So looks like 2025 is much the same approach.
What do they do to support. Trade in some give games to the current kids or go back to the future and play the currently injured for a tilt before bottoming out??
Imo fwiw I'd call time on side b and whe leave it up to pendles and try trade in some young mids. Possibly try and trade into 1st round but stuffed if I can think who the currency would be.

Then call me a fool.
Recruit him as a defender and Moore will instantly impact games like he did when Murphy was playing.
Ok.
You’re a fool.

Lobb is a peahearted whiner who only plays well in contract years, or in this instance, when he wants a trade to a place he can collect more matchies.

He’s 32 and rising, inconsistent and lackadaisical and 3 out of 3 clubs so far have looked to move him.

We don’t need to provide him with a superannuation tour.

People who are saying 'trade into the first round' without offering the name of the players we'd trade are delusional. No one is going to give their first round for a mid level player, unless they are Collingwood. Especially given the compromised drafts coming up. And I don't think we have a lot of first round player currency.

The only players I think who could warrant a pick back between 1-14 (noting that isn't the entire first round, but close enough):
  • N Daicos (obviously, and obviously we aren't doing it)
  • De Goey
  • Moore
Maybe McStay.

That's it.

We aren't trading those four players.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back