List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you at it again gimpy?

I think most players these days would think like you and chase the $$ to a large extent... but there is still a lot who wouldn't and would put other factors like playing for a premiership, staying with their mates, staying or moving to the city of their choice, playing for your childhood team (eg Howe). Dangerfield shows that these factors can be more important than money. He could've got more $$ elsewhere but he chose Geelong because he's attached to the place. When you are a high earner getting $500k per year every year.. your financial security is already assured and an extra $50-100K per year might not outweigh these other factors.
I think Geelong were incredibly smart.. the move on Dangerfield and an open cheque book was indicative of the slide they would have sensed would happen to Hawthorn.. so in effect they really had only one to contend with and thats Sydney.

If i was collingwood id do the same.. where are other clubs at in comparison to us.. is it worth going full throttle at this stage when we can't really compete.. i think we can actually contend for a premiership if we do get a prized ff and fb.. but then we have Buckley at the helm.. and thats an issue. It's difficult to describe how i feel about his coaching.. i still don't understand him after so long.

I don't get it.. ok cloke is still contracted to us right.. then why can't we get into the ear of a jeremy cameron for eg.. and make him a ridiculous offer even though he is under contract. Wouldn't that eliminate other clubs getting involved.. so we're not competing agst em should he want to leave. Why the hell wouldn't we get into the ear of his manager and make him an offer he can't refuse. Cameron is just one player of many who i would do that to.

A few things

None of us know if or what convos our list mgmt team have had. For all we know we have had those convos

Secondly Cameron could be very happy at GWS. They are smack bang in the premiership window and might be for years, We could offer twice as much and he still may want to stay.

Thirdly he is under contract. What could we possibly trade to GWS to get cameron. He is worth 2 top 10 picks. We have nothing to trade to get a player if his quality when he is under contract.

In other words he is not getable.

Hawthorn
I think it'd be naive to think we and other clubs hadn't already tried this.
Mate i think our midfield is ready.. i look at our forward line faz moore elliot moore and throw in kennedy or cameron.. we are ready.. dowm back reid and a kpb that's proven along side a couple of our youngsters that have been in the system for a few yrs.. we are ready.. call me optimistic maybe i am.. the biggest question mark is Buckley's consistency as a coach.. i have no clue if he can sustain and galvanize this group over the entire yr.. my gut says he simply can't do it.

A few things

None of us know if or what convos our list mgmt team have had. For all we know we have had those convos

Secondly Cameron could be very happy at GWS. They are smack bang in the premiership window and might be for years, We could offer twice as much and he still may want to stay.

Thirdly he is under contract. What could we possibly trade to GWS to get cameron. He is worth 2 top 10 picks. We have nothing to trade to get a player if his quality when he is under contract.

In other words he is not getable.
Mate if it means trading a gun midfielder to em.. i wouldn't hesitate.. say a sidebottom as much as i love him.. its bye bye for me.. thinking with my head not my heart here. Just a scenario i would consider to get a prized ff

Isn't there a rule which prevents rookies being traded?
According to some other posts buried in this thread, it seems like no. Rookies apparently can be traded now. Maybe someone else can confirm though.
There's no rule preventing rookies being traded. It's happened before and will happen again. The only stipulation on trading a rookie is that the destination club has to place them on their senior list.

I just think Hawthorn's 3 peat is overrated. They were lucky in that found a niche in the market.. playing freo and west coast at the G in a gf.. that would be a dream of any great side.. now Geelong are sitting pretty hoping to hit gws in the gf where it hurts.

Let's look at the top 6 sides.. why have they got the edge over us.. what do we lack.. go out and f.... get em.

Mate if it means trading a gun midfielder to em.. i wouldn't hesitate.. say a sidebottom as much as i love him.. its bye bye for me.. thinking with my head not my heart here. Just a scenario i would consider to get a prized ff

Your assuming our list mgmt team have not considered it. I would be suprised if 17 clubs have not enquired about camerons services over the last year or 2. And pattons, and Lynch's and Wrights etc etc etc.

Very very difficult to make a trade like this happen.

There's no rule preventing rookies being traded. It's happened before and will happen again. The only stipulation on trading a rookie is that the destination club has to place them on their senior list.

In fact it's a new rule these allows this. Never used to be permitted. I'm sure keeffe and Thomas will stay but I'm not averse to shopping Thomas around if it helps us in trade week land what we want to land. We promised these boys that they'd be on a list in 2017. It doesn't have to be with Collingwood though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just think Hawthorn's 3 peat is overrated. They were lucky in that found a niche in the market.. playing freo and west coast at the G in a gf.. that would be a dream of any great side.. now Geelong are sitting pretty hoping to hit gws in the gf where it hurts.

Let's look at the top 6 sides.. why have they got the edge over us.. what do we lack.. go out and f.... get em.

considering we beat geelong, gws, wce and were stiff against hawks and dogs I'd argue they don't have much over us with a healthy list.

Last edited:
Anyone beginning to think this year is going to be a mega trade between Collingwood/Gold Coast/Hawks/Richmond and maybe sydney?

Omeara
Prestia
Witts
Mitchell

plus picks back and forth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back