List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Williams out Maynard to back pocket
Dal Santo to HBF to direct and provide classy kicking to wells pendles treloar sides etc for that next kick onto chest of leading Moore!

Schnarberg has to play off the half back line has amazing skills, intercepts marks and reads the play very well. Williams is terrible just butchers the ball, and so does Nathan Brown, i wouldnt have him in my best 22 either, id be looking for KPD that can take Brown place, maybe that might be Keefe but im hoping we can secure another one in the trade, Marchback would be ideal.

Watched the NEAFL grand final...very tight game with GWS just getting over the line in the end. WHE had a very good game. His tackling was the feature for me, especially in that last quarter when things were tight. Finlayson's versatility would be a big asset to any side. Comfortable as a key back, mid and even a bit of forward. Great utility. Still not sold on Stewart. Kicked two fortuitous goals but offered little else. Barrett is a good little player who knocks up getting the pill. Flynn was one I'd never heard of before but is a handy tall and had a great game. Would like us to target WHE and Finlayson. Might be a good trade for Witts...

I watched a bit of that game.
Agree about WHE, really tackled well when someone needed to stand up.
Stewart kicked cheap Gault like goals during pre season.
That last one when Ted Richards dropped mark fell over and Stewart swooped to kick lucky goal.

Not sure about that being the case. Hear he is happy at GWS and more than happy to remain at Spotless.

Witts gone for sure, GC will be his new home.
I reckon WHE is coming he isnt going to say just yet when he is a possibility to replace stevie j and play in finals, all his family would of been drilled about what to say if asked i.e he's contracted i feel thats an instucted answer to that question not a genuine family response

Schnarberg has to play off the half back line has amazing skills, intercepts marks and reads the play very well. Williams is terrible just butchers the ball, and so does Nathan Brown, i wouldnt have him in my best 22 either, id be looking for KPD that can take Brown place, maybe that might be Keefe but im hoping we can secure another one in the trade, Marchback would be ideal.
Agree with schnarberg at halfback i just felt the inclusion of NDS would take away the pressure of expectation on schranberg allowing him to settle into the role rather than being thrust into the job! we would get NDS for nothing and use his experience down back.

Hell even our new football operations manager thinks we're a fair way off given how he rates the list...
Still not convinced he is the messiah and I should take everything he supposedly has stated as gospel.

Reckon blind Freddie could have done his job at GWS

According to some other posts buried in this thread, it seems like no. Rookies apparently can be traded now. Maybe someone else can confirm though.
Not sure if it's been answered but you can trade rookies, but they must go onto the new teams senior list
It was horrendous. Given it occurred when we were hitting our straps in the second half of the year, when we had form, were still a possibility for finals, and North had descended into rubbish, I rank it as one of the worse losses of the year. And at that hellhole, Etihad. Just awful.

7/8 goals to NM from D50 turnovers. Howe had 2 shockers and Maynard 1 from the kick outs. Tough to win when you turn it over so badly, in the worst possible place on the field.

Selective Hearing?
Very funny - I thinks it more about ego on your part.

But I'll let others be the judge.
Funny thing is you have a habit of getting personal with your responses. You don't look at posts objectively. Seriously its a topic everyone has differing views on.. we are debating it.. not getting personal.. which you are! I know your type. You just seem to get either a rise out of it.. or just a stubborn old bloke without an education.

You say I've got an ego.. I'm thinking you lack social skills buddy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if it's been answered but you can trade rookies, but they must go onto the new teams senior list

7/8 goals to NM from D50 turnovers. Howe had 2 shockers and Maynard 1 from the kick outs. Tough to win when you turn it over so badly, in the worst possible place on the field.
A player like NDS down there, that doesn't happen, we win the game, also schnarberg there, doesn't happen either

Still not convinced he is the messiah and I should take everything he supposedly has stated as gospel.

Reckon blind Freddie could have done his job at GWS

Blind Freddie was already taken by the Suns.

I'm with you given their advantages all Allen had to do was not stuff it up. So it's definitely a pass for him but the degree of difficulty is hard to measure

Funny thing is you have a habit of getting personal with your responses. You don't look at posts objectively. Seriously its a topic everyone has differing views on.. we are debating it.. not getting personal.. which you are! I know your type. You just seem to get either a rise out of it.. or just a stubborn old bloke without an education.

You say I've got an ego.. I'm thinking you lack social skills buddy.

You've definitely got an ego - and I have not made any personal attacks. You know if that was the case I would have been given a warning or banned.

As to educational level, I think I have you well and truely covered.
As to age - who knows.

Reckon you have as much chance of getting Tom Lynch as you do Steven May. Both were vice captains and highly rated. I'd group Thompson with Wright, and not just because they are both bloodnuts, but because you'd need both of them to say they wanted out before the Suns would even consider it. Can't see that happening.

If we could nab a 20-24 pick for Witts and utilise that and 25 to go towards Marchbank and WHE that would almost do me for trade week along with Wells as a FA.

The only other thing I'd then try is to send Frost to Brisbane for one of Freeman or Close (prefer them to Mayne) and then send Williams somewhere and Cloke to the Dogs for picks. Maybe try and pinch Bailey Dale from the Dogs but I think if we get WHE and combine him with Fas and Elliott we have a good mix so not a necessity.

Oh and have picks leftover to still get Daicos and Brown.

Am I asking too much?

The back six we played last game was:

Maynard-Brown-Williams
Howe-Marsh-Smith
with Goldsack playing that day as well.

My preference for Round 1 is:
Maynard-Marsh-Ramsay
Howe-Reid-Sinclair

I'd like Scharenberg to own a spot before too long, not sure for who, and I think with Howe as a high-class intercept mark and spoiler, we don't need to rely so much on Marsh being caught out one on one (thinking the Eagles model in 2015 when they were undersized, they made it a strength that would suit us).

No Dal Santo, no Langdon, no Williams, no Brown. But I'm happy to have depth all the same.

Maynard-Brown-Williams
Howe-Marsh-Smith

Maynard-Marsh-Ramsay
Howe-Reid-Sinclair

I'd like Scharenberg to own a spot before too long, not sure for who, and I think with Howe as a high-class intercept mark and spoiler, we don't need to rely so much on Marsh being caught out one on one (thinking the Eagles model in 2015 when they were undersized, they made it a strength that would suit us).

No Dal Santo, no Langdon, no Williams, no Brown. But I'm happy to have depth all the same.

I think that's pretty close to the mark. If we could land Marchbank I'd slot him in at FB and move Marsh to a pocket with one of Ramsey, Maynard or Sinclair going to the bench as the 7th defender.

Gives us 2 talls (Reid & Marchbank), 2 mediums that can play tall or small in Howe and Marsh, and 3 smalls. Scharenberg can then ease himself back in and place some pressure on them. I think that's a good mix.

Maynard-Brown-Williams
Howe-Marsh-Smith

Maynard-Marsh-Ramsay
Howe-Reid-Sinclair

It looks good but still think there needs to be someone with leadership characteristics and experience not to mention foot skills apart from Reid there isnt any other reliable kickers and D half turnovers probably cost most our games this year

Selective Hearing?
Very funny - I thinks it more about ego on your part.

But I'll let others be the judge.
Let others be the judge.. what are you here trying to win sides are ya.. id rather put my mil
You've definitely got an ego - and I have not made any personal attacks. You know if that was the case I would have been given a warning or banned.

As to educational level, I think I have you well and truely covered.
As to age - who knows.
Seriously can't bo bothered with your replies. You want to argue the topic I'm all for that.. you want to say in your very first response to my post for the day.. ' i suggest you reconsider what you wrote if you truly believe what you wrote' along those lines.. go harass your neighbours mate.. I'm not an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back