List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It would be quite ironic if Stewart found his way home…

We do have a need for somebody though.
With just Moore, White and Cox it's very light on and thin.
At 20/21yrs old, Stewart would fit the bill to develop a partnership with Moore.

It would be quite ironic if Stewart found his way home…

We do have a need for somebody though.
With just Moore, White and Cox it's very light on and thin.
At 20/21yrs old, Stewart would fit the bill to develop a partnership with Moore.
Had been thinking about that. There might have been a little bit of heart burn about not being initially drafted to Collingwood, but maybe Gubby can use his GWS connection with Stewart and still swindle him using the lure of playing for the club his dad did.

Is Stewart actually any good though? Or are we just getting sucked in because he is a young tall forward? We need to find someone who is going to partner with Moore for the next decade.
He has shown glimpses, he is the sort of recruit that wouldn't cost much and if it works and he fires next year we are a lot better off because of it but if he fails it hasn't cost us much

Is Stewart actually any good though? Or are we just getting sucked in because he is a young tall forward? We need to find someone who is going to partner with Moore for the next decade.

18 goals in 18 games to date in four seasons (with only 1 game this year) nothing to write home about but as Seedsfan said if he comes cheap (maybe a package with WHE) he might not be such a bad option. At 196cm he can provide back up ruck support too.

It could be a big father/son off season; Cloke out Daicos/Brown and Stewart in.

Sign Wells, Mayne and Maric as free agents.

Trade 1:

West Coast:

Gain: Marley Williams
Lose: Pick 30

Collingwood:

Gain: Pick 30
Lose: Marley Williams

Trade 2:

Gold Coast:

Gain: Witts, Jong, Player from Hawks
Lose: O'Meara

Dogs:

Gain: Cloke
Lose: Jong

Hawthorn:

Gain: O'Meara
Lose: Pick 14, Player???

Collingwood:

Gain: Pick 14
Lose: Witts and Cloke

Trade 3:

Brisbane:

Gain: Frost, Oxley
Lose: Pick 20

Collingwood:

Gain: Pick 20
Lose: Frost, Oxley

Trade 4:

GWS:

Gain: 2017 2nd Rnd, 2016 3rd Rnd
Lose: WHE, Stewart

Collingwood:

Gain: WHE, Stewart
Lose 2017 2nd Rnd, 2016 3rd Rnd

Pick 30 onwards used for the points needed for Daicos and Brown

Take Picks 14, 20 and 25 to the draft taking the best available kpp's

Following this we:

* Add a few experienced heads for the ones lost this year.
* Have a back up ruckman in Maric who can also teach Brodie.
* Add new young talent onto the list.
* Have depth in the kpp stocks. I know Stewart hasn't done much but at the very least he will provide support for Darcy and has shown glimpses. We will be targeting an elite kpf in next years offseason.
* Using a 1st rnd this years draft gives us the currency to go after an elite tall fwd next year.
* Pick crumbing fwds in Brown and Daicos

Last edited:
Todd Marshall, Mitch McCarthy, Jack Maibaum, Griffin Logue, Patrick Kerr, Josh Battle

Are the ones id be looking at Picks 14, 20 and 25.

2 of McCarthy, Maibaum, Logue could set our kpd stocks up for the next decade.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Todd Marshall, Mitch McCarthy, Jack Maibaum, Griffin Logue, Patrick Kerr, Josh Battle

Are the ones id be looking at Picks 14, 20 and 25.

2 of McCarthy, Maibaum, Logue could set our kpd stocks up for the next decade.

It would give us the chance to. These things aren't certain, particularly with our first pick outside the top 10 from your scenario. The best key position players are usually gone by then.

Sign Wells, Mayne and Maric as free agents.

Trade 1:

West Coast:

Gain: Marley Williams
Lose: Pick 30

Collingwood:

Gain: Pick 30
Lose: Marley Williams

Trade 2:

Gold Coast:

Gain: Witts, Jong, Player from Hawks
Lose: O'Meara

Dogs:

Gain: Cloke
Lose: Jong

Hawthorn:

Gain: O'Meara
Lose: Pick 14, Player???

Collingwood:

Gain: Pick 14
Lose: Witts and Cloke

Trade 3:

Brisbane:

Gain: Frost, Oxley
Lose: Pick 20

Collingwood:

Gain: Pick 20
Lose: Frost, Oxley

Trade 4:

GWS:

Gain: 2017 2nd Rnd, 2016 3rd Rnd
Lose: WHE, Stewart

Collingwood:

Gain: WHE, Stewart
Lose 2017 2nd Rnd, 2016 3rd Rnd

Pick 30 onwards used for the points needed for Daicos and Brown

Take Picks 14, 20 and 25 to the draft taking the best available kpp's

Following this we:

* Add a few experienced heads for the ones lost this year.
* Have a back up ruckman in Maric who can also teach Brodie.
* Add new young talent onto the list.
* Have depth in the kpp stocks. I know Stewart hasn't done much but at the very least he will provide support for Darcy and has shown glimpses. We will be targeting an elite kpf in next years offseason.
* Using a 1st rnd this years draft gives us the currency to go after an elite tall fwd next year.
* Pick crumbing fwds in Brown and Daicos
Well done mate... I think this is the best trade wrap up I've seen yet. Wasn't so keen on Marley being traded but it does give us insurance to get both Brown and Daics, plus he's looking to be depth from now on with all our young back flanks coming along - and Scharenberg too.

Despite what others say, I think pick 14 for Witts and Cloke is spot on.

Bring on trade week and the draft!!!

My god why are people rating mayne.
He is terrible.
Get mayne get mayne
Get the f..k out
Yeah he's lost form, but remember that's what many of us said about Howe and Varcoe, and they turned things around pretty good.

Mayne is a FA and he fills a need for us - even if it's just depth in the end, and he costs us no picks... Who knows, he could turn out to be another Medhurst. Worth the punt

Do you remember Billy Morrison?

Stewart makes him look quick

I haven't watched a lot of Stewart. I didn't realise he was slow. If he are to recruit a tryer we hope to develop at centre half forward, I think a prerequisite needs to be mobility. We'd probably get more out of White. Stewart does have good goal sense. Although I have the impression he isn't comfortable on a set shot, all his highlights have him play on at any opportunity.

Yeah he's lost form, but remember that's what many of us said about Howe and Varcoe, and they turned things around pretty good.

Mayne is a FA and he fills a need for us - even if it's just depth in the end, and he costs us no picks... Who knows, he could turn out to be another Medhurst. Worth the punt

Howe and Varcoe have a few more tools to work with than Mayne though. Howe is quick, a lethal mark and incisive kick. Varcoe a line breaker who hurts opponents. Maynes trick is to tackle, he hasn't been a goal kicker for three years, we're hoping that comes back. While the tackling is a good asset, it needs to be partnered with the goal scoring. I'm very take it or leave it with Mayne, I'd want him to come at a reasonable expense if we do get him.

Out: Witts, Cloke, Williams, Frost, Oxley, Macaffer, Toovey, Swan :(, + delistings

In: Wells, Mayne, Maric, WHE, Stewart, Brown, Daics + picks 14, 20, 25

Huge list turnover, but I'd rather get these early picks to use in the draft

image.jpeg
Get out those roses.
Think of the revenue we could generate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back