List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been talk about these 6 players possibly being up for trade. All play forward. If one was to choose on 2016 statistics alone who would one choose?

Player 1 - Kicks: 7.6; HB: 8.4; Marks: 4.5; CM: 1.5; MI50: 1.5; Goals: 1.4; BH: 0.8; Tack: 2.0; GA: 0.4
Player 2 - Kicks: 8.2; HB: 6.0; Marks: 3.6; CM: 0.8; MI50: 1.0; Goals: 2.0; BH: 0.5; Tack: 3.0; GA: 0.8
Player 3 - Kicks: 9.0; HB: 7.0; Marks: 3.5; CM: 0.3; MI50: 1.4; Goals: 2.0; BH: 1.1; Tack: 4.0; GA: 0.8
Player 4 - Kicks: 6.5; HB: 8.3; Marks: 5.0; CM: 0.7; MI50: 1.2; Goals: 0.8; BH: 0.8; Tack: 5.4; GA: 0.6
Player 5 - Kicks: 6.7; HB: 9.0; Marks: 2.8; CM: 0.1; MI50: 0.6; Goals: 0.7; BH: 0.3; Tack: 5.0; GA: 0.4
Player 6 - Kicks: 7.2; HB: 4.5; Marks: 4.7; CM: 0.5; MI50: 1.4; Goals: 1.3; BH: 0.9; Tack: 2.5; GA: 0.7

Umm, hmm... player 3?

There has been talk about these 6 players possibly being up for trade. All play forward. If one was to choose on 2016 statistics alone who would one choose?

Player 1 - Kicks: 7.6; HB: 8.4; Marks: 4.5; CM: 1.5; MI50: 1.5; Goals: 1.4; BH: 0.8; Tack: 2.0; GA: 0.4
Player 2 - Kicks: 8.2; HB: 6.0; Marks: 3.6; CM: 0.8; MI50: 1.0; Goals: 2.0; BH: 0.5; Tack: 3.0; GA: 0.8
Player 3 - Kicks: 9.0; HB: 7.0; Marks: 3.5; CM: 0.3; MI50: 1.4; Goals: 2.0; BH: 1.1; Tack: 4.0; GA: 0.8
Player 4 - Kicks: 6.5; HB: 8.3; Marks: 5.0; CM: 0.7; MI50: 1.2; Goals: 0.8; BH: 0.8; Tack: 5.4; GA: 0.6
Player 5 - Kicks: 6.7; HB: 9.0; Marks: 2.8; CM: 0.1; MI50: 0.6; Goals: 0.7; BH: 0.3; Tack: 5.0; GA: 0.4
Player 6 - Kicks: 7.2; HB: 4.5; Marks: 4.7; CM: 0.5; MI50: 1.4; Goals: 1.3; BH: 0.9; Tack: 2.5; GA: 0.7

Probably No 3. More to it than stats though

Sicily aint that good. Just looks good when Hawthorn are playing well. So overrated.
I don't know how old he is, but the guy seemed to play his first year in the seniors and kicked crucial goals on multiple occasions. He might not be a superstar of the future but to deny he has the talent and ability to develop into an A grade is silly.

Interesting with Goldstein on the move. You think he good go anywhere he wished. Perhaps a nice retirement package out West, or PA?

They reckon goldstein is on the move?
Why would they? So they can give Daw a decent run at it? If North traded Goldstein they may as well hand their licence in. Would be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. I did read somewhere I think David King raised it as a suggestions. I think he mentioned they could get two young mids from the Dogs for him. Dale & Hrovat were the ones he montioned IIRC. If I were a North supporter and we did that, I'd never go to another game again.

They reckon goldstein is on the move?
I heard the commentators on the ABC, (Jake Niall was one) and one of them said North should consider it.
Reckon that's where that came from.

I don't know how old he is, but the guy seemed to play his first year in the seniors and kicked crucial goals on multiple occasions. He might not be a superstar of the future but to deny he has the talent and ability to develop into an A grade is silly.

I just don't rate him. That's just my opinion. Also I don't like how he ducks his head to get shots at goal. Did that in one game and got 3 or 4 goals from frees.

Why would they? So they can give Daw a decent run at it? If North traded Goldstein they may as well hand their licence in. Would be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. I did read somewhere I think David King raised it as a suggestions. I think he mentioned they could get two young mids from the Dogs for him. Dale & Hrovat were the ones he montioned IIRC. If I were a North supporter and we did that, I'd never go to another game again.
North supporters are thinking Goldy is not far from cooked. He was definitely struggling this year. I put it up against what Dunstall said about Cloke a couple years ago. Do you trade him out now while he is on slightly on the decline and get something decent for him or do you part ways when he hasn't got much left and a team in a premiership window takes him up on the cheap? Will be interesting to see how they go about it. They might have to accept they will probably be in full rebuild mode for the next couple of seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Wells to Collingwood falls apart - I'd love to see us try for Pearce Hanley - incredibly quick, good ball user, exciting to watch, great at marking. Looked a bit unsettled up north this year and the guys at Channel 9 on Future Stars think he might be on the out. Frost and Witts are two that are linked to the Lions, one + a pick or both for him would be pretty neat.

Mayne. We already have Elliott, Fasolo and Crocker for the next 5-10 years. Breust would be good though.
Missing the point with Mayne! Which one of Elliott, Fasolo or Crocker can tackle? The really bad losses this year were on the back of lack of forward tackling pressure a couple of games our 6 forwards had less than 5 tackles between them, Chris Mayne averages more than 5 in his career.
Our nearest equivalent to Mayne would be blair 15 goals 105 tackles
DeGoey 16 goals 71 tackles
Everyone thinks that Mayne had a shit year
18 goals 122 tackles he played a quarter of this year's games at HB line so possible a few goals missing.
You would like to think that Collingwood recruiters had some ideas about what they are doing

Missing the point with Mayne! Which one of Elliott, Fasolo or Crocker can tackle? The really bad losses this year were on the back of lack of forward tackling pressure a couple of games our 6 forwards had less than 5 tackles between them, Chris Mayne averages more than 5 in his career.
Our nearest equivalent to Mayne would be blair 15 goals 105 tackles
DeGoey 16 goals 71 tackles
Everyone thinks that Mayne had a shit year
18 goals 122 tackles he played a quarter of this year's games at HB line so possible a few goals missing.
You would like to think that Collingwood recruiters had some ideas about what they are doing
I think you misunderstood me. Out of Mayne or Sicily, I'd chose Mayne for free. We already have Faz, Crocker and Elliott. Plus Mayne might also have a mentoring role at the club.

Mayne for free, and pursue another need.

Mayne has the most marks out of those guys? We need someone who can run a lot and be a hit up target from hff to wing. Sicily also played a few games in the backline from what I saw.

James Siciliy is a perfect player for us.

1) He's 189cms, but plays like a 200cm player. He jumps at everything.

2) We have no forwards that size. White and Moore 10 cms taller. Faz and Elliot 10cms shorter.

3) It's evident that the game is moving away from players who are lumbering talls. Mid sized forwards is the way to go.

Trade suggestion:

Collingwood lose: Witts
Collingwood gain: Sicily.

Gold Coast lose: Omera
Gold Coast gain: Witts, and First rounder.

Hawthorn lose: Sicily, first rounder.
Hawthorn gain: Omera

No one. But we don't need to redefine marriage so consenting adults can do stuff together... They can do that now. Waste of time and money. Australia has bigger issues at hand.
Because it's the right, fair thing to do. And it's not like we can't do this and other stuff as well.

But anyway, looooooong way off topic for this thread.

! Which one of Elliott, Fasolo or Crocker can tackle?

I remember a game early on in Elliott's career when he had something like 15(?) tackles, against West Coast I think. So he can do it, he has done it, and we haven't seen him at his best since about halfway through season 2015. I hope we get him back, and I hope he maintains defensive pressure - or gets it back - in his game.

Not looking forward to delistings being announced, presumably this week. Horrible, just hate it. I know it has to happen, but I always feel for the guys who's dream is over. I guess most of them would know by now.

James Siciliy is a perfect player for us.

1) He's 189cms, but plays like a 200cm player. He jumps at everything.

2) We have no forwards that size. White and Moore 10 cms taller. Faz and Elliot 10cms shorter.

3) It's evident that the game is moving away from players who are lumbering talls. Mid sized forwards is the way to go.

Trade suggestion:

Collingwood lose: Witts
Collingwood gain: Sicily.

Gold Coast lose: Omera
Gold Coast gain: Witts, and First rounder.

Hawthorn lose: Sicily, first rounder.
Hawthorn gain: Omera
YES

Would want Breust by a mile over any of the other smallish forwards being discussed. He'd cost a fair bit more though. The perfect player for our forward line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back