List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we paid full price for Treloar and sometimes that's worth paying.

But when you see we could have had Tom Mitchell and O'meara for the about the same price it puts it in perspective.
If he was coming to Collingwood it would have been 2 1st rounders .
Funny thought though i wonder if all 3 are going to the club for unders ?.

I was told on the weekend that we were putting his name up for trade (Aish). The same guy told me Mitchell was definitely going to WCE so i thought it was the beers talking.....sounds like he knew something. He also said WCE was sniffing around Mitch Clark
Why would we trade out Aish? What are we hoping to achieve?

Blair is not RFA http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-03/the-2016-free-agent-list
and therefore is not in top 25% of our salaries
With Blair being an RFA and therefore supposedly in our top 25% earners, does this alone effect what compensation we'd get for him?

Or does it solely depend on what his next club offers him, in the way of contract amount, length, etc.?

Surely if a club takes one of our "best 25%" players it would be grounds for some good compensation. Which would tell me that's been the club's planning going into this season, which would be smart.

Just on the provision that he was to go somewhere that is. There hasn't yet been any news on Blair AFAIK.

It solely depends on what the next club offers. Two things are factored into FA compensation.
1. The length and remuneration of the offered contract.
2. The age of the player.

They previously factored in positions in best and fairest counts, however that factor was recently scraped.

As an aside, how the hell was Blair in the top 25% of earners this year. As our senior playing list was only 38 or 39 this year, that put Blair in the top 9 earners. I know player payments vary year on year depending on front and back loaded contracts, but we have a fair idea of who our top earners are and its safe to assume in any given year you have 9 players earn 400k+. Given we have been below the salary cap for the past few years based of industry and media comments, I cant see why Blair's salary would be on a back ended contract. Which begs the question, why is he earning 400k+ or thereabouts a year?

Barrett comments on Trade Radio re Collingwood:
  • Greenwood and Aish have been put out there, but no suggestion that they will be traded.
Not sure if we put them up or someone else did.
No reason for us to put Aish out there unless it was buy low, sell high or that he & Rocky don’t get along. Either way I’d be very surprised if CFC put his name up and personally would keep young Aish over off field issues & expensive Rockliff.

Treloar for 2 x Pick 7's
Vs
Mitchell for 1 x pick 14

In comparison Hawthorn have got Mitchell for an incredibly cheap deal.

* Edit - not potting the CFC. Think we paid top value but fair value for Treloar
If it makes you feel any better, we did get a 2nd round pick off GWS as well as Treloar.

Then
the closet i can think of is Barry Mitchell & Brett Chalmers back in 1993

Barry Mitchell was picked up with our 1st pick in the Preseason draft the year before on huge money before being traded to Carlton for their 2nd Round Pick which would become Aaron James.

Brett Chalmers was selected with our 1st pick in the national draft touted as one of the best players outside the AFL, was banned from playing for collingwood for 3 years so got traded to Adelaide as part of a deal that got us Brenton Sanderson and Stephen Patterson.
Then sanderson left after 1 year and killed it at geelong

Only trade Aish would been possibly mentioned would been the Rockliff potential trade but why would Aish go back unless Rocky was a big reason why he left.

Rather Aish then Rockliff

Don't think he's best 22 so wouldn't surprise me if he's been thrown around.

Personally I think the club see him as best 22 which is a big part of the reason we're no good currently! We can dare to dream really.

Only trade Aish would been possibly mentioned would been the Rockliff potential trade but why would Aish go back unless Rocky was a big reason why he left.

Rather Aish then Rockliff

I would take 1 Rockcliff over 4 James Aish's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barrett always has this agenda to denigrate anything to do with Collingwood,much like Caro,so i'd take anything he says with a grain of salt.

If they trade aish youbcan say goodbye to anymore of those sightings of the mythical creature they call scharenberg

We live in a day and age where anyone is tradeable. I'm sure Aish has been spoken about to some clubs and if we get a offer that will make us better I hope we pack his bags.

It's unlikely, but the sooner people get use to this, the easier it'll be for you all!

Am i the only person in the AFL community who doesn't rate Tom Mitchell? Gets zero attention form other teams playing behind Kennedy, Parker, Hanners and even Jack at times (cite first couple of Q's in the GF) and even then seems to do zero damage with the ball...

Take his GF performance for instance. Had 26 disposals, yet i dont think anyone on here could recall a single one. Pick 16 or whatever it was for Mitchell is well, well overs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back