List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Don't want Dickheads at the Club

He is so much more value on field...

And classing him as a dickhead, from someone who doesn't know him I don't consider a very reliable character reference.

I mean he was voted to Captain the club by the people who know him best.

Am i the only person in the AFL community who doesn't rate Tom Mitchell? Gets zero attention form other teams playing behind Kennedy, Parker, Hanners and even Jack at times (cite first couple of Q's in the GF) and even then seems to do zero damage with the ball...

Take his GF performance for instance. Had 26 disposals, yet i dont think anyone on here could recall a single one. Pick 16 or whatever it was for Mitchell is well, well overs
I feel exactly the same way about Rockliff.He gets a lot of disposals,but he never hurts the opposition with the ball.I've never seen him play and thought gee I wish he was playing for us.

It solely depends on what the next club offers. Two things are factored into FA compensation.

1. The length and remuneration of the offered contract.
2. The age of the player.

They previously factored in positions in best and fairest counts, however that factor was recently scraped.

As an aside, how the hell was Blair in the top 25% of earners this year. As our senior playing list was only 38 or 39 this year, that put Blair in the top 9 earners. I know player payments vary year on year depending on front and back loaded contracts, but we have a fair idea of who our top earners are and its safe to assume in any given year you have 9 players earn 400k+. Given we have been below the salary cap for the past few years based of industry and media comments, I cant see why Blair's salary would be on a back ended contract. Which begs the question, why is he earning 400k+ or thereabouts a year?
I would imagine the club wanted the luxury of having a better pick had Blair exercised his right to leave as a free agent, therefore back ending his contract to ensure better compensation. When his last contract was negotiated, I'm guessing the club at the time saw guys like Blair squeezed out by this year. Probably didn't factor in Elliott, Swan, and to a lesser extent Faz being out of the forward line for the season.

Am i the only person in the AFL community who doesn't rate Tom Mitchell? Gets zero attention form other teams playing behind Kennedy, Parker, Hanners and even Jack at times (cite first couple of Q's in the GF) and even then seems to do zero damage with the ball...

Take his GF performance for instance. Had 26 disposals, yet i dont think anyone on here could recall a single one. Pick 16 or whatever it was for Mitchell is well, well overs
Kidding, right? Pretty sure T.Mitchell won a stack of clearances, is recorded as making about a dozen tackles and kicked two goals in the GF. The only better performed Swans mid in the GF was Kennedy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Mitchell had an incredible Grand Final. Had the Swans won it would have been between him and Kennedy for the Norm Smith - Kennedy edges him for the game overall, but since the umpires tend to place a higher emphasis on the final quarter I think Mitchell would have given him a run for his money.

Tom Mitchell is an absolute jet and is only 23... huge get for the Hawks. Very jealous.

Another new Magpie. Chris Mayne crosses the country to become a Pie in 2017. Welcome aboard Chris! #sidebyside

Just curious.What do you think we would have to pay to get Mitchell?Somehow I don't think pick 14 would have got it done for us.I think the Swans would have asked for a lot more than that from us.I don't know how Hawthorn gets these players so cheaply.Is it Witchcraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back