List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we paid full price for Treloar and sometimes that's worth paying.

But when you see we could have had Tom Mitchell and O'meara for the about the same price it puts it in perspective.

Where they are at right now, I'd still take Treloar.
Tom Mitchell is a good quality midfielder, a good accumulator, but will never really be elite. (IMO, similar range to Adams)
A healthy JOM is elite, but is coming off 2 knee reco's and 2 years of missed footy.

If JOM gets back to full health and form, clearly the Hawks return is better.
If JOM only becomes an average contributer - then we are clearly ahead.

Combine the 2, and its probably 50/50... I am extremely happy with Treloar, and dont want to play "what ifs"

Tom Mitchell is a good quality midfielder, a good accumulator, but will never really be elite. (IMO, similar range to Adams)
A healthy JOM is elite, but is coming off 2 knee reco's and 2 years of missed footy.

Combine the 2, and its probably 50/50... I am extremely happy with Treloar, and dont want to play "what ifs"

It'll be interesting to see how Tom Mitchell performs when he doesn't have team-mates such as Kennedy, Hanneberry and Parker taking more attention than what he receives.

Think it seems that the don't play hardball with other teams so when it's there turn to get a deal it just happens

and Not Like Us who do maybe Try and get more Back. Where Hawks just do it?

Treloar for 2 x Pick 7's
Vs
Mitchell for 1 x pick 14

In comparison Hawthorn have got Mitchell for an incredibly cheap deal.

* Edit - not potting the CFC. Think we paid top value but fair value for Treloar

I was told on the weekend that we were putting his name up for trade (Aish). The same guy told me Mitchell was definitely going to WCE so i thought it was the beers talking.....sounds like he knew something. He also said WCE was sniffing around Mitch Clark

Then if true shows how little power Hine has and Allan is in charge of Everything

Rumours about trading Aish and Greenwood has led to the conclusion that the drama of trade period is getting worse with each passing year. It's getting beyond ridiculous now.

I'm not going to bother commenting any further until an official player movement involving our club has been confirmed whether we gain or lose someone. Leaches like Barrett and other journos of his ilk thrive off weeks like this.

I cannot recall a team trading in a player and trading that player out the following year... it doesnt happen.

the closet i can think of is Barry Mitchell & Brett Chalmers back in 1993

Barry Mitchell was picked up with our 1st pick in the Preseason draft the year before on huge money before being traded to Carlton for their 2nd Round Pick which would become Aaron James.

Brett Chalmers was selected with our 1st pick in the national draft touted as one of the best players outside the AFL, was banned from playing for collingwood for 3 years so got traded to Adelaide as part of a deal that got us Brenton Sanderson and Stephen Patterson.

It solely depends on what the next club offers. Two things are factored into FA compensation.

1. The length and remuneration of the offered contract.
2. The age of the player.

They previously factored in positions in best and fairest counts, however that factor was recently scraped.

As an aside, how the hell was Blair in the top 25% of earners this year. As our senior playing list was only 38 or 39 this year, that put Blair in the top 9 earners. I know player payments vary year on year depending on front and back loaded contracts, but we have a fair idea of who our top earners are and its safe to assume in any given year you have 9 players earn 400k+. Given we have been below the salary cap for the past few years based of industry and media comments, I cant see why Blair's salary would be on a back ended contract. Which begs the question, why is he earning 400k+ or thereabouts a year?

Blair is actually an unrestricted FA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Treloar for 2 x Pick 7's
Vs
Mitchell for 1 x pick 14

* Edit - not potting the CFC. Think we paid top value but fair value for Treloar
The 2 players are not in the same post code so far as their abilities to impact a game. Mitchell is a really good, solid contributor. Treloar is a jet.

We don't need Mitchell and imagine getting O'Meara and his knee goes - no thanks.
Treloar , we may have paid a price
But look at what we get
Gutsy player
Future B@W captain
Future Copeland Winner
Future Brownlow Medalist
Future Premiership player in a winning team of the Mighty Pies
And all the Accolades I may have missed out

Bargain in my opinion
Rather Treloar ova Jaeger bomb or Mitchell
Happy daze

Treloar for 2 x Pick 7's
Vs
Mitchell for 1 x pick 14

Mitchell is a very good player but Trelaor is the kind of player who will win a Brownlow and could win a final all on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back