List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What you not like about Aish?
Very overrated on our board - so much "potential" but I dust don't see it. 2 or 3 solid games this year, others were close to terrible. It's also a personal thing as whilst I don't like Brisbane, I have always thought it was a poor act to dump them after two years and leave to a state he wasn't even from. But hey, that's just me.

No reason for us to put Aish out there unless it was buy low, sell high or that he & Rocky don’t get along. Either way I’d be very surprised if CFC put his name up and personally would keep young Aish over off field issues & expensive Rockliff.

Barrett had the nerve to say that we put them both on the table, His head just became even more punchable than it was before, not quite Basil Zempilas punchable but getting there!

I don't believe for a second we offered up Aish.
3rd year player who finally kicked on this season in the second half.
We just brought him in and obviously rate him highly.

Greenwood is surplus to our needs and 2yrs on the list I can see us trying to move him on.

Please let the Levi scuttlebutt be true please!
It would certainly make Maynes recruitment easier to stomach. I still think Levi could be a very good defensive forward.

It would certainly make Maynes recruitment easier to stomach. I still think Levi could be a very good defensive forward.

With Mayne now Officially at the Club I could see why Levi might been put on the Trade Table

Tom Mitchell had an incredible Grand Final. Had the Swans won it would have been between him and Kennedy for the Norm Smith - Kennedy edges him for the game overall, but since the umpires tend to place a higher emphasis on the final quarter I think Mitchell would have given him a run for his money.

Tom Mitchell is an absolute jet and is only 23... huge get for the Hawks. Very jealous.
You do realise the umpires don’t vote on the Norm Smith?

Pick 23 for Freo as compensation for Mayne.

Chris-Rock-HUH-WTF.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 299412

Just like the expression on his face, I feel zero excitement about this trade.

I understand everyone has different opinions of Mayne but just to reiterate - this was not a trade.

IMO he's a good addition to our club and is a best 22 player. We all know what we're going to get from him. No doubt he'll be a great influence on our pups too.

Welcome to Collingwood Chris!

Considering we lack skill and decision-making, the suggestion that we would trade Aish makes me pretty disappointed. I can see that for the same reasons, Greenwood could go. But come on, Aish. Seriously?

Spot On. Even with Wells we lack Skilled Players who good Descion Makers.

Just make no sense and be Stupid to make us weaker in that area. Aish had Huge Future

I'm not that big on Aish - I think he's more a role player than a future star. If someone offered up something tempting, like a player or a key to the first round (or a first rounder itself), I'd consider.
Don't poke the bear

12 tackles and two goals in a GF is massively damaging. He and Kennedy never stopped, even when Hannerbury, Parker, Jack and McVeigh all went missing. You must have been watching a different match.
27 disposals a game in 2015, 9th in the BnF. 28 Disposals a game in 2016, 8th in the BnF, never made the AA Squad of 40. Probably the most telling part of it all; Swans offered him less than what he was offered a couple of years ago, and didnt want him at the club for anymore than that. He can't be that great all these points considered.

Jack Crisp averages 10 less disposals a game yet is almost equal with him in player rating (412 vs 430). He is frankly not as good as people seem to think

27 disposals a game in 2015, 9th in the BnF. 28 Disposals a game in 2016, 8th in the BnF, never made the AA Squad of 40. Probably the most telling part of it all; Swans offered him less than what he was offered a couple of years ago, and didnt want him at the club for anymore than that. He can't be that great all these points considered.

Jack Crisp averages 10 less disposals a game yet is almost equal with him in player rating (412 vs 430). He is frankly not as good as people seem to think
T.Mitchell is no Treloar, that's for sure. We got the right one of those two. But he's also a lot better than you're giving him credit for. Swans contract offer is no guide - they haven't got a dollar to spare thanks to Buddy, Tippett, Hanners, Parker & co. T.Mitchell has been squeezed out in near-identical circumstances to Treloar leaving GWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back