List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you like some sauce with your absolute statement?
Care to provide an official source on the contract of Chris Mayne at any figure? Every number thrown around is speculation, because those figures aren't public.

$500k per year for Mayne is the story idiots like Damian Barrett have been running with, but figures like $350-400k per year have also been floated, and they make significantly more sense.

Given that we're not going to get an actual figure, how about we all agree to believe the story that makes sense, rather than the one specifically created to make Collingwood look bad.

I'm reading 4yr 2m deal for Mayne. That's ALOT of money for a inaccurate kick/tackling forward.

I'm very meh about this.

Care to provide an official source on the contract of Chris Mayne at any figure? Every number thrown around is speculation, because those figures aren't public.

$500k per year for Mayne is the story idiots like Damian Barrett have been running with, but figures like $350-400k per year have also been floated, and they make significantly more sense.

Given that we're not going to get an actual figure, how about we all agree to believe the story that makes sense, rather than the one specifically created to make Collingwood look bad.
I'm yet to see a single report apart from a public infod twitter account say 350-400

I'm reading 4yr 2m deal for Mayne. That's ALOT of money for a inaccurate kick/tackling forward.

I'm very meh about.
Given we just ditched an inaccurate kick/marking forward on a 4yr 3.2M deal, bargain!!!!

Well it's confirmed that he's on 4 years - and given Freo received pick 23 as compensation, it's not unreasonable to think he's being paid 500k+, which is too much for a player like Mayne in my opinion.
Vickery got Richmond the same band compo, but his was a 2 year deal. Vickery is a year younger but with 2 extra years on his deal, I'd suggest Mayne is on no where near $500k p.a. and that was Vickery's reported salary. If the media inflated that too, it's likely Mayne's deal is less again.

$400k for 4 years with triggers more likely. Not unreasonable for a guy I expect to be a best 22 player and improve us.

Well it's confirmed that he's on 4 years - and given Freo received pick 23 as compensation, it's not unreasonable to think he's being paid 500k+, which is too much for a player like Mayne in my opinion.
A 4 year deal at $500k + would be pushing band 2 compo. Keep in mind that Vickery and Wells are both on shorter term deals (Vickery much shorter) on that money and got their clubs band 3. $400-$450k is more likely imo given the medias propensity to inflate our trade targets wages. Treloar was meant to be on $800k and Wells on $600k remember?

The deal ended up Aisho and Treloar for Sam Weideman (pick 9), pick 7 2017 (currently) and pick 31 2017 (currently)

Deal still looks good to me. Treloar is a bonafide star. No debating it.

Agreed. Treloar is a gun. I have no issues with what draft picks we gave up to get him. Draft picks don't guarantee good players.

I don't recall if Treloar was out of contract last year? Mitchell was so the Hawks had the upper hand in that deal. Swans couldn't let him walk into the draft for nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But AFL Trade whisperer twitter account said otherwise. For God sake please believe the trade whisperer!
I'm as sceptical about the trade whisperer as I am the mainstream media. They don't seem to be getting much right about us this year.

With us offering Mayne such a big contract, resulting in Freo receiving a reasonably high compo bid that they can now use directly for Hill from hawthorn, any thoughts that it may involve us getting a higher pick in return for a returning home Marley Williams.

Pies will end this trade period with a top 10 pick. Watch out next week as it's coming our way.
If Witts ends up being packaged for pick 8 somehow, the trades board will explode. Hilarity will ensue for us all!

Pick 23 wow.
Hopefully we have some sort of deal with Freo and we can send Marley over for 23. Highly doubt it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back