List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for someone who actually follows the kids in this years draft, is there anyone really worth trading into a top 10 position for and how far does this years draft really bat down to in depth?
The scribes of ours seem to suggest about 7 absolute elite types then a mid range that goes deep.

Moore has sacked his current manager in favour of his dad Cloke-style, apparently looking to re-negotiate his current deal.

Source Channel 7.
Can we clarify, Peter is no David?

No seriously... he's my favourite player. Loved him at bears. Love him even more at the Pies. I just don't see any reason to trade a 21 year old who improved heaps by the end of the year.
I hear you but say Rockliff arrives and say part of it is Aish saying adios. Would you do it?
I have a feeling only, Aish is staying.

Question for someone who actually follows the kids in this years draft, is there anyone really worth trading into a top 10 position for and how far does this years draft really bat down to in depth?

Meant to have excellent depth. As far as top ten I reckon Jack Scrimshaw is absolute beauty. Love to get our hands on him

Baffling this trade season, turning more into American sports year by year. Open free agency it may as well be.
Been a passionate pies supporter for a long time now and never been this frustrated. To put aish on the table after going out of your way to bring him in only a year ago yet recruit a 31 yo whose will be lucky to play 40 games in his three years at the club. Then go and get Mayne on 500k a year whose average at best, almost prefer to have Jesse White running around than him.
I hope I'm wrong but can't see this list playing finals again next season, great midfield with too many holes in both defence and forward.
Desperately hoping I'm wrong.
You forgot harvey and dal santo and rockliff also gubby Allen suspended and the drug use at Collingwood. The media is running with stories not facts!!!

Griffin Logue.

KPD.

Tested extremely well at the draft camp.

I'd take him in the 8-12 range.

The scribes of ours seem to suggest about 7 absolute elite types then a mid range that goes deep.

So is there a thought that we may be trading into a sub 12 draft position rather than looking at trading in a Rockliff type should we secure a low first rounder?

I'd like to look at a real good young KPP personally but would find it hard to pass on Rockliff if he asked to come to us. I can't imagine Bucks and Rocky seeing eye to eye but there's nothing behind that comment apart from perceived personalities. The other issue is that if Rockliff can ROCK a Brisbane boat in QLD with next to no AFL media attention, WTF will happen with him at Collingwood in Melbourne??????

Was also wondering about next year KPP in the draft and available as FA or out of contract, I thought I read that next year is a lot more lucrative in terms of this. Any chance we are looking for another first round pick for 2017?

Smart move. No need to pay a player manager when the old man will probably do it pro bono
That in a nutshell.
That's 5% that stays in Moores picket.

Say he's on 500 k that's $25 k not "wasted."

Am i the only person in the AFL community who doesn't rate Tom Mitchell? Gets zero attention form other teams playing behind Kennedy, Parker, Hanners and even Jack at times (cite first couple of Q's in the GF) and even then seems to do zero damage with the ball...

Take his GF performance for instance. Had 26 disposals, yet i dont think anyone on here could recall a single one. Pick 16 or whatever it was for Mitchell is well, well overs

Maybe you should go back to the second quarter of the GF and watch Mitchell surrounded by 4-5 doggies players, faked a couple of times, shimmied and shot out a handball to a player 5 metres away under enormous pressure and hits up a Swans player ( think it was Kennedy).

It was simply sublime. He's a quality inside mid and worth 14 and then some

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Grundy and Moore are on the verge of AFL stardom. Grundy is out of contract next year and will get a big increase if he continues to trend up. Ditto Moore when he comes out of contract.

We should be banking the cap savings from Swan and Cloke for Grundy and Moore yet we choose to blow it on Wells and Mayne?
Crazy decision.
It would be... but we didn't.. How about get facts right before making comments to troll?

cant think of why we would go out of our way to get aish, then trade him.
relax he aint going anywhere.
Let's not be too logical

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said before, my understanding is they're very similar but Moore may not be as public.
I think Peter will look after Darcy fairly.
He's a smart guy.
I do recall his roll re hafey leaving us as coach, but that was a long time ago.

Let's not be too logical

It's ludicrous. Nearly picked him with the Scharenberg pick, went chasing him from Brisbane, worked overtime to get a multi-club trade done, despite Brisbane stating they would not trade him out, he shows steady improvement over his first season at the club... and then we trade him.

Laughable.

I think every player has their price on the market- some are untouchable- however we have just traded him barely 12 months ago in that his future lies with us.
He is 20/21yrs old and is 3yrs into the system.

It's sensationalism at its finest to suggest he is being offered up for trade without anything substantiating those claims.

Maybe you should go back to the second quarter of the GF and watch Mitchell surrounded by 4-5 doggies players, faked a couple of times, shimmied and shot out a handball to a player 5 metres away under enormous pressure and hits up a Swans player ( think it was Kennedy). It was simply sublime. He's a quality inside mid and worth 14 and then some

Agree on Mitchell - will do even better with more time in the middle.

Draft picks are irrationally valued compared to proven AFL players. This has been why the Hawks have so readily traded away picks.

It's ludicrous. Nearly picked him with the Scharenberg pick, went chasing him from Brisbane, worked overtime to get a multi-club trade done, despite Brisbane stating they would not trade him out, he shows steady improvement over his first season at the club... and then we trade him.

Laughable.
In other words it won't happen.
(Caveat sweetest deal in the world eg early early pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back