List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The original reference of Witts and 44 was Scott Lucas [his manager] saying GC had offered that pick - not that we had accepted it.
Can we at least wait and see what the deal actually is before we have a cow?

The article in the age written by Quayle and Gleeson says Witts "will" go to the GC for Pick 44 and a bit more. That's strong enough for me. :(

To be honest, the myth of gubby allen is overated in my opinion

Was at Brisbane when they had an extra 600k in salary cap, back then that was worth a star player and a very good player.
Major advantage at the time

At GWS he was at a club gifted by the AFL the biggest leg up in football history.
I'm hearing you.
He's ok, but it would be nice to see it in our favour for a change

Not yet, hard to see him not, AFL will come down on him hard, it's one thing a player avoiding a drug test but to have a senior club manager working out a way for him to avoid the test is a huge no no, AFL will make an example of Gubby.
I find it a little bit hard to swallow when the main governing body couldn't find a judgement and told the AFL to handle it, can't see it being to great of a suspension.

Yeh, i remember him huggin leigh almost getting his head knocked off when matthews came onto the ground just before the siren.

I also remember him squaring the ball across the fullback line lace out to simon beasley

Ok so that's what you got out of 1990 :thumbsu:

Giants forward Will Hoskin-Elliott remains intent on a move to Collingwood despite North Melbourne's continued interest.

The Magpies' pursuit of Hoskin-Elliott has been compromised by the fact they are reluctant to give up their first pick in this year's draft, No.28, because they need to preserve points to match father-son bids for Callum Brown and Josh Daicos.

However, they are likely to offer their future second-round selection for 2011's No.4 draft pick.

If the Giants and Magpies cannot reach a deal, Hoskin-Elliott will most likely serve the final year of his contract at Spotless Stadium next season, given GWS expects to be able to clear sufficient salary cap space through the departures of Paul Ahern (North Melbourne), Cameron McCarthy (Fremantle) and Jack Steele (St Kilda), and the expected exits of Marchbank, Jarrod Pickett (both Carlton) and James Stewart (Essendon).

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-18/trade-wrap-hawks-close-on-omeara-progress-on-gibbs-deal
The point about the Giants no longer needing to clear WHE's cap space might be the telling one here. While they needed to clear space, they were probably prepared to give him away at a low price. If that pressure is no longer there, they might be more inclined to hold out for an attractive price. Maybe we needed to get in earlier before guys like Ahern and Stewart got sorted or well advanced.

Witts is worth about pick 44, but I really thought we'd get a second for him. Disappointing.

Goldcoast could make an initial offer of 44 does not mean we should take it.
With Treloar i think our initial offer was was first round one second round and Fynlayson as steak knives! However at the end we coughed up 2 first rounders with no steak knives in return from gws. Not that he hasnt been worth it.
I said it earlier if we hold firm we should get a better deal then pick 44. At least a late 20s pick we just need to hold firm until early thursday afternoon.
They cant afford to send him in the pre season draft the bumbers or there neighbours will pick him up.
In regards to Dunn 30 year old common guys ! 5th rounder and higher.

Keep hearing this from Melbourne supporters.

"Dunn is really good and will be great for you guys. Pity our game at Melbourne has gone past him and he isn't suited to modern footy. He should be fine in your team though."

Thanks

If we get Dunn then I think this board will melt.

Let's say I'll be Dunn for a while on BF if that's the case.

Talk around where Dave ?

If we get pick 44, it wont be used on Dunn. He'll be a throwaway pick to ease salary cap space for Melbourne.
Dees won't play hardball with this trade...they will happily trade Dunn for a late pick.

Keep hearing this from Melbourne supporters.

"Dunn is really good and will be great for you guys. Pity our game at Melbourne has gone past him and he isn't suited to modern footy. He should be fine in your team though."

Thanks
haha, good work GC, I could be mistaking tulip for another poster but pretty sure he trolls us Collingwood supporters on other boards, unless I've mixed him up with Theox for which I apologize.

I must be the only person in the "this has been a wonderful off season" camp.

To be shedding ourselves of Witts, Frost, Brown, Williams, Toovey, Macaffer......the list is already in better shape.
Couldn't care what compo or lack of we receive/d.....there salaries alone off our books is huge.
Daniel Wells alone is worth all these guys combined.

Thank god we have seen the light.
Only problem is, aside from Wells, we've recruited guys that wouldn't have been in our best 22 in 2016. Discards from other clubs are rarely worth chasing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goldcoast could make an initial offer of 44 does not mean we should take it.
With Treloar i think our initial offer was was first round one second round and Fynlayson as steak knives! However at the end we coughed up 2 first rounders with no steak knives in returnvfrom gws.
I said it earlier if we hold firm we should get a better deal then pick 44. At least a late 20s pick we just need to hold firm until early thursday afternoon.
In regards to Dunn 30 year old common guys ! 5th rounder and higher.
We got a second rounder back as steak knives we used as half of the payment for Aish.

I'm hearing you.
He's ok, but it would be nice to see it in our favour for a change

Don't jump the gate like the rest of them SV.

Piano......piano.....

When you can't get a game ahead of Dawson you know you're a spud.
You need to make some allowance for him being a favourite is Ross.
Followed him there.
Every time I hear the name Dawson, I think of Rocca.:p

Are you ok BEEG?

You know Gubby was a key cog in us getting the 1990 Premiership...........show some respect kid!
Gubby is making it very hard for us to keep the faith here mate. I found it hard to subscribe to the notion of giving one guy so much power in the first place, and his work this trade period is reinforcing that. If he doesn't turn it around in the next two days he can f$&@ off and get banned for 4 years for all I care :mad:

Only problem is, aside from Wells, we've recruited guys that wouldn't have been in our best 22 in 2016. Discards from other clubs are rarely worth chasing.

Mayne would have played 100%.
He is a better option than a Jarryd Blair or Levi Greenwood in attack, not to mention all of our forward line injuries.

Gubby is making it very hard for us to keep the faith here mate. I found it hard to subscribe to the notion of giving one guy so much power in the first place, and his work this trade period is reinforcing that. If he doesn't turn it around in the next two days he can f$&@ off and get banned for 4 years for all I care :mad:

A moment that we can replay continously if he doesnt deliver
About 2 min in

The only other one we have recruited so far is Mayne and I would put him in front of Blair. Discards from other clubs to replace our own discards. Why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back