Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Witts and 28 to GC for picks 24 and 44

Cloke and 65 to WB for pick 43

Picks 43 and 47 to GWS for WHE and 51

Frost 31, 51 to Bris for pick 22

Gives us pick 22,24,51 WHE
Aside from the packaging of stuff to Bris for pick 22 that all sounds reasonable. Although don't think GWS would want multiple third rounders this year. Maybe one and our future third round?

I must be the only person in the "this has been a wonderful off season" camp.

To be shedding ourselves of Witts, Frost, Brown, Williams, Toovey, Macaffer......the list is already in better shape.
Couldn't care what compo or lack of we receive/d.....there salaries alone off our books is huge.
Daniel Wells alone is worth all these guys combined.

Thank god we have seen the light.

How much are we paying Grubby? Probably a big pay pack, stuff the list, then get suspended & leave us with the mess.
WTF ???

The only thing Gubby has done is let our backline walks, leading teams removed, get suspended and putting the club In a shocking position with no footy manager.

Ohh and take us to the cleaners when trading with us.

Says on the AFL site that GC are going to use 44 to land Lyons so I'm still confident they will give us one of there 2nd round picks for Witts.
The original reference of Witts and 44 was Scott Lucas [his manager] saying GC had offered that pick - not that we had accepted it.
Can we at least wait and see what the deal actually is before we have a cow?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-18/trade-wrap-hawks-close-on-omeara-progress-on-gibbs-deal

Giants forward Will Hoskin-Elliott remains intent on a move to Collingwood despite North Melbourne's continued interest.

The Magpies' pursuit of Hoskin-Elliott has been compromised by the fact they are reluctant to give up their first pick in this year's draft, No.28, because they need to preserve points to match father-son bids for Callum Brown and Josh Daicos.

How in the world is WHE worth more than Steele?
I'm getting to the stage with WHE that if it compromises us getting Brown and Daicos, I'm happy to walk away. The guy is 24 and has done nothing. There is potential there, sure, but our only pick inside of 40 is too high a price to pay for that.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-18/trade-wrap-hawks-close-on-omeara-progress-on-gibbs-deal

Giants forward Will Hoskin-Elliott remains intent on a move to Collingwood despite North Melbourne's continued interest.

The Magpies' pursuit of Hoskin-Elliott has been compromised by the fact they are reluctant to give up their first pick in this year's draft, No.28, because they need to preserve points to match father-son bids for Callum Brown and Josh Daicos.

So they take anything when other clubs are involved and when we're involved they want a 2nd rounder. If we cave in and give them a 2nd rounder I'll be furious.

The original reference of Witts and 44 was Scott Lucas [his manager] saying GC had offered that pick - not that we had accepted it.
Can we at least wait and see what the deal actually is before we have a cow?

Yeah of course, I was just doing a bit of bedtime reading and thought I'd pass the info on.

Dead set **** GWS.

Says on the AFL site that GC are going to use 44 to land Lyons so I'm still confident they will give us one of there 2nd round picks for Witts.
Also says we are likely to give up our future second for WHE, which is ridiculous overs.

The only thing Gubby has done is let our backline walks, leading teams removed, get suspended and putting the club In a shocking position with no footy manager.

To be honest, the myth of gubby allen is overated in my opinion

Was at Brisbane when they had an extra 600k in salary cap, back then that was worth a star player and a very good player.
Major advantage at the time

At GWS he was at a club gifted by the AFL the biggest leg up in football history.

However, they are likely to offer their future second-round selection for 2011's No.4 draft pick.

If the Giants and Magpies cannot reach a deal, Hoskin-Elliott will most likely serve the final year of his contract at Spotless Stadium next season, given GWS expects to be able to clear sufficient salary cap space through the departures of Paul Ahern (North Melbourne), Cameron McCarthy (Fremantle) and Jack Steele (St Kilda), and the expected exits of Marchbank, Jarrod Pickett (both Carlton) and James Stewart (Essendon).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has he been suspended?

Not yet, hard to see him not, AFL will come down on him hard, it's one thing a player avoiding a drug test but to have a senior club manager working out a way for him to avoid the test is a huge no no, AFL will make an example of Gubby.

Value of points benefits both GWS and Lions for their academy picks etc
I don't think points work like that anymore. You can only enter the draft with the same number of picks as you have vacancies on your list. They changed the rules to stop the loading up on 3rd rounders to pay for top talent.

From reading on both the GWS and Lions boards, they don't have much coming through from their academies this year, and GWS is looking to decrease their list size, so multiple third rounders aren't worth much to them.

Are you ok BEEG?

You know Gubby was a key cog in us getting the 1990 Premiership...........show some respect kid!

Actually we haven't. There's one media report saying we'll do it and another saying we're holding out for more.

And he was never a great trump card anyway.

hope you're right. And the reference to trump card was in relative terms. We had nothing else of value we were willing trade. Witts was as good as we had this year

He is worth a pick between 20-30, Gubby is suppose to be this unbelievable, ruthless negotiator, well he was when we had to pay some of Shaws contract, give 2 first rounders for Treloar, most we have seen for a player for a long time.

It's the principal they had plenty of 2nd round picks.

Saints didn't want Ball, Pies offered Witts a contract mid year.
Saints had a 3 year offer on the table for him in 2009. Anyway that's a different matter.
The Gubby GWS trades have been market value for those players, we haven't paid overs for either treloar or Adams.
My point from your comment is that is stupid to accept nothing when we don't have a lot as it is.
Witts played in the VFL but we want a top 20-30 pick, yet Dunn who also played the majority of last year and dominated in the VFL most would be livid to give anything more than a 4th round pick.
I think you over rate Witts.

Not yet, hard to see him not, AFL will come down on him hard, it's one thing a player avoiding a drug test but to have a senior club manager working out a way for him to avoid the test is a huge no no, AFL will make an example of Gubby.
Not like the AFL has been weak on this shit before. I'll wait to get exercised about it until it happens.

Dunn is still a good player, don't be too quick to judge. Not mobile enough for our game style these days, but will do well for you guys at FB. Will hate to see him in your colours, but happy he's getting another chance. I'm looking forward to the gloaty posts in six months time about how you lot 'discovered' a gem, just like Bucks' unprecedented genius move of putting Howe down back ;).
Keep hearing this from Melbourne supporters.

"Dunn is really good and will be great for you guys. Pity our game at Melbourne has gone past him and he isn't suited to modern footy. He should be fine in your team though."

Thanks

Dunn goes alright.
From what I have seen he always seemed to play well against us.
If he ends up a Collingwood player I look forward to seeing how he goes.
Offers more offensively than Frost or Brown and one on one he holds his own.
Let's wait and see.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's out of contract, isn't he?
Believe so.
If he had a contract, well....
Apparently contracts can be abandoned these days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back