List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many over reactions to movements in this thread

Witts, Frost, Cloke, N.Brown, Toovey, Macaffer none of these blokes would be best 22 players none will be missed.

Wells replaces Swan, who was best 22 but we obviously didn't hv him on the park in 2016 so a big win

Mayne most likely will be a best 22 option, despite many already writing him off, so a good addition.

Dunn, if we get him, isn't necessarily required to be best 22, as some other poster mentioned it is a sideways trade...as he will replace lost depth

Only loss so far being Marsh, and he isn't even officially out the door yet!!?

Our top line team from 2016 will be strengthened by the addition of Wells, Mayne is a good option and then there is the belief that Elliott and S.Berg will be two bonus additions at either end of the ground.

The sky isn't falling, we have allowed players with poor skills to walk out and brought in players with better skills.

Winning
And it's still Tuesday.

Has been lost on everyone that once Witts goes we only have one real ruck man on our list...? Where the f*** is the backup...
Agreed, but i understand why the club is trading him. firstly he is uncontracted and wants oppurtunity. andif he spends another year in the VFL. " assuming Grundy dominates " he loses trade value.

A
Just looked it up - thanks.

For those interested:
On Witts:
'Collingwood will trade pick Jarrod Witts to Gold Coast for pick 44, with the Pies to get a bit back in return'.
On Frost:
'Brisbane Lions are committed to trading for Collingwood defender Jack Frost and may need to use a future pick.'

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...sed-to-land-dion-prestia-20161018-gs51ll.html

Afl.com.au are saying Lyons from the Crows to Suns for pick 44. Not sure where that would leave the Witts deal?

Oh, I thought we were in a game, the season is over? Darn, how did we go
The themes will be the same throughout the season especially if we start the season like last year. Looking forward to another year in the bottom 8 and excuses galore and the club sitting on their hand and watching the devolution

Whenever I read of another potential, but questionable, new prospect for us, I apply the Gault/Gold/Wyatt rule. Would [insert new name] be more wasteful on our list in 2017, than those guys were in 2016? Without being disrespectful to them, the answer in every case so far has been 'no'.
Setting the bar real high there.

gee I hate dealing with GWS. I reckon it's obvious they don't like dealing with us. Out of all the other AFL clubs combines we've cheree picked the most talent. Treloar, Adams, and Elliott, it's any wonder they don't like dealing with us even if we've done some good trades with them in hindsight.
Elliott was never a Giants player, he was merely pre-listed at our request so we could trade for him, as with Krakouer, Ceglar, and Marty Clarke Part II - Pig In The City.

Elliott was never a Giants player, he was merely pre-listed at our request so we could trade for him, as with Krakouer, Ceglar, and Marty Clarke Part II - Pig In The City.
Yeah but we did trade for him, and it was our nous that got him Then we landed Adams and then Treloar.
But **** em', WHE is worth only a third rounder in this climate. No way we pay overs.

I don't like the direction we've taken with our recruiting. I reckon Mayne (and Dunn if he comes) will offer similar to what Greenwood has for us. Some effort, a couple of good moments, interspersed with some competent but underwhelming footy.

This is the game plan revealed

Agreed, but i understand why the club is trading him. firstly he is uncontracted and wants oppurtunity. andif he spends another year in the VFL. " assuming Grundy dominates " he loses trade value.
How much more trade value can he really lose? Pick 44 to pick 52? No matter how you look at it you simply can't let Witts go for anything less than a 2nd rounder

The themes will be the same throughout the season especially if we start the season like last year. Looking forward to another year in the bottom 8 and excuses galore and the club sitting on their hand and watching the devolution
I'm looking forward to improvement.
We'll see which way it goes, the positive in my view, or the negative in your view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got why we will get Dunn ...It's because he is used to seeing his team and defence lose and has experience at that when he was playing seniors for Melbourne. He is perfect for our horrible defence

We play six rebounding defenders, does Collingwood?

Really, I'd rather keep him. Not my club that's going out and recruiting veterans. Just adding to the discussion.
Mate I am not knocking Dunn. Been a solid player for you guys. Appears likely though that his days as a best 22 AFL footballers are over. As to the question of our defence yes we are trying to go with a more mobile rebounding defence set up. Bringing in a veteran who is struggling to play that style in another club already and can't get a game currently is our problem. Pies are the ones stuffing up here.

? What do you mean? They still have/will have pick 4,6,8,10.
4, 6, 8, 10, 24, 26.

Honestly something wrong if we can't grab 26. Surely they won't be making more than 5 selections in the draft...

Edit: just looked up their delistings. 4 delisted. JOM and Prestia out. That's 6 list spots free.

Hanley in.
Witts in.

That leaves 4 spots for their 4 top 10 picks. Unless they're going to delist 2 more players what are they intending to do with picks 24 and 26?

Last edited:
Mate I am not knocking Dunn. Been a solid player for you guys. Appears likely though that his days as a best 22 AFL footballers are over. As to the question of our defence yes we are trying to go with a more mobile rebounding defence set up. Bringing in a veteran who is struggling to play that style in another club already and can't get a game currently is our problem. Pies are the ones stuffing up here.

I hope we get away from the Zone as our Zone Sucked. We played better Man on Man

Shall we go and visit the Quentin Lynch, Jordan Russel, Clinton Young, Patrick Karnezis threads to quote some? We can all make cases after the fact. Look if Dunn comes to Collingwood, he's a Collingwood player and will have my support; however I don't have to agree with the decision to recruit him. If he's recruited it's not for depth, that's clear for me. I'm still dumbfounded about the hope placed on Keeffe holding down a best 22 spot when he's been out of footy for so long and wasn't even best 22 prior.

Supporters don't need to agree with every decision the club makes
My case, after the fact, has more to do with the way comments are made rather than them being right or wrong. Plenty of comments about players being duds, terrible etc but nothing more. At least Scodog elaborates on why the recruits don't fit the club and its direction at this stage. Comments such as those are worthwhile. The others don't mean much, IMO.
Believe it or not, I don't have an issue with people disagreeing with a club decision but would rather read those who are willing to elaborate a little further than just "the dud played in the VFL" or "he kicks .8 goals a game." I doubt that some have seen much of players to be able to make an assessment of their worth.
I don't get the Keefe thing either and I fear that this trade period could be a real bust for us. Unlike some, I'll wait for Thursday night to comment on the trade period and I'll also wait until part way through the next season before I comment on a player such as Mayne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back