List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect a wet lettuce punishment of 3 months after trade period has been finalised.........anything more then Eddie has lost all his power in my eyes and like I said he should leave our Club.

We have become a joke since 2011 and people here are looking to blame Gubby for our incompetence?

Happy trade week people enjoy!

I guess that balances out the thoughts of many who thought he would be the panacea to our multitude of problems.

So we have lost 6 players or if Marsh goes 7, gained two or 3 if we get Dunn and final list not due until 31st Oct.
If we add Gault as a delisting, and add upgrades from rookie list, 2 f/s, still a few gaps.
Anyone else likely to be delisted? Oxley?
With three players coming back from injury, my confidence is a bit low.

Did posters really expect anything else. We traded away this year, last year, nowing fully well last year that this years chance of bringing talent into the club was through free agency and F/S.
IMO both Josh and Callum have exceeded every ones expectations, they are quality and are going to cost a little more than first expected, that is actually not a bad thing!
We lost Swan at the start of the year which was a shock to everyone and replaced him with a gun through FA costing us next to nothing other than cap space in Wells.
Mayne is not everyone's favourite cup of tea but he is Buck's. Lynden another solid solution that will cost us next to nothing and fills the attacking defensive KPP with footskills void the club is craving . Wouldn't be surprised if his name was on the whiteboard before the clean out of players with poor foot skills.
WHE, for me is the icing on the cake, the wild card, prodigious talent that has not met expectations. Howe Mk11, really hope we don't have to wait another year.

Last edited:

I know not everyone likes him but he can be used as swing man fwd to, also having him and Keeffe in a team would allow Ben Reid some stints up forward, we haven't had a player who could fill in for Reid during games but I think Dunn could.

Dead set **** GWS.

1461061068140.jpg

Still bitter about the Treloar deal & Ed.

4, 6, 8, 10, 24, 26.

Honestly something wrong if we can't grab 26. Surely they won't be making more than 5 selections in the draft...

Edit: just looked up their delistings. 4 delisted. JOM and Prestia out. That's 6 list spots free.

Hanley in.
Witts in.

That leaves 4 spots for their 4 top 10 picks. Unless they're going to delist 2 more players what are they intending to do with picks 24 and 26?
There still thinking about ah chees brother from Port too.

or the reality in my view but hope to be proven wrong but highly doubt it
That's ok 2 different views I will go with the positive cause like SV what's the point in being negative - which is reality? who knows but I like positive reality rather than negative reality

Does that make sense who knows ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My case, after the fact, has more to do with the way comments are made rather than them being right or wrong. Plenty of comments about players being duds, terrible etc but nothing more. At least Scodog elaborates on why the recruits don't fit the club and its direction at this stage. Comments such as those are worthwhile. The others don't mean much, IMO.
Believe it or not, I don't have an issue with people disagreeing with a club decision but would rather read those who are willing to elaborate a little further than just "the dud played in the VFL" or "he kicks .8 goals a game." I doubt that some have seen much of players to be able to make an assessment of their worth.
I don't get the Keefe thing either and I fear that this trade period could be a real bust for us. Unlike some, I'll wait for Thursday night to comment on the trade period and I'll also wait until part way through the next season before I comment on a player such as Mayne.
Great points.... I don't see how this trade period is a bust, or at least worse than we expected we had nothing of any real value to do anything with

4, 6, 8, 10, 24, 26.

Honestly something wrong if we can't grab 26. Surely they won't be making more than 5 selections in the draft...

Edit: just looked up their delistings. 4 delisted. JOM and Prestia out. That's 6 list spots free.

Hanley in.
Witts in.

That leaves 4 spots for their 4 top 10 picks. Unless they're going to delist 2 more players what are they intending to do with picks 24 and 26?

Surely they are gonna trade some away for future picks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon you guys will enjoy having Lynden Dunn. He is one of the best long kicks in the league and will take the kick out duties over Howe. Not overly tall but very strong (has the biggest bench press at the club), plus he loves to niggle his opponents.
Melbourne coaches fascination with developing Oscar McDonald meant he fell out of favour at a rate of knots in 2016, but don't forget he was our vice captain in 2015 and was spoken about as possible AA in 2014 (albeit by biased MFC fans on here, but you get my drift).

Given you'll be sending a packet of chips our way I don't see any way you'll lose out on this deal. Good luck to Dunny, he stuck through our club through some tough times and should give you 2-3 years of good service.
Thanks for the positive information and hopefully you're right. He doesn't sound as bad as many on here are making out and it sounds like there was a lot of love for him on the Demon boards only 2 years ago. If we can get 2 years good service from him (especially with kick outs, which we have not been good at since Leon left), we should be very happy, especially as it will cost us almost nothing.

What a difference 12 months make. Last year we were full of hope, a couple of high picks and looking forward to Trealoar.
At this stage tomorrow looks rather depressing, apart from Wells can't see us picking any real quality or picks. For morale only hope we at least get Daicos and Brown.

Come on Maggie5 life's not that bad seriously what have we really lost in the cool hard light of day.

What did we really expect to gain?

If you are feeling low then it will ruin my day.

I need your positive vibes!!

I know not everyone likes him but he can be used as swing man fwd to, also having him and Keeffe in a team would allow Ben Reid some stints up forward, we haven't had a player who could fill in for Reid during games but I think Dunn could.

2011? It's 2017! Didak was good in 2011..

I think we're going ok with trades. I recall how well a couple of seasoned veterans went for hawthorn when they brought them in a few years ago. Our list has been too young for the last few seasons.

Sorry to see brown go though. Will always remember the job on reiwoldt.

Now let's get whe and rocky done!! Go pies!

Great points.... I don't see how this trade period is a bust, or at least worse than we expected we had nothing of any real value to do anything with
I see your point but difficult to see how we'll address needs over the next couple of days. The defence is looking a bit light on at the moment. I wasn't expecting a coup of sorts but thought that there'd be better indications of where we're headed defensively.

Come on Maggie5 life's not that bad seriously what have we really lost in the cool hard light of day.

What did we really expect to gain?

If you are feeling low then it will ruin my day.

I need your positive vibes!!
That is two sorries I have had to make today.
I just worry about another 7 new players introduced to a team and building up chemistry between the old, not so old (last years group) and the new.
Was hoping for a lower turnover and continuing our rebuild with youth just so we could give 2018 a big shake.
But on the positive side am really looking forward to a fit Ellliott, Scharenberg and Ramsey.:)

4, 6, 8, 10, 24, 26.

Hanley in.
Witts in.

Posted the same thing yesterday, but easy enough to get lost within this thread. 2 of those 4 delistings are rookies, so they're currently shaping as having just 2 free list spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back