List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TD relax. It is not going to happen soon. We want to maximize our points so I doubt we want to be the first with good news. I rather have us wait a few days more to get higher pick, even for a few lousy points because we need them badly.

I know that and I know Hine be doing the best he can to get the Trade in our Favor the Best he Can

Regarding the two father son prospects, has the club made any statements about them.
I believe the rhetoric coming from Hine is that we will nominate them and then decide on draft day if they're worth what they're bid on.

Same thing he said about Moore, and honestly wouldn't expect anything less than him playing his cards to his chest on the matter.

Just a question, so Lewis is under contract for 2017 but Melbourne offered a 3 yr contract, this mean the Hawks contract gets canceled out or is it really just a 2yr extension or is it really a 4 yr contract? Just wondering
Existing contract forms part of that 3 years, within it's rewritten or keep in place with another 2 years added is anybodies guess and largely dependent on Melbourne's cap structure (front loaded, backloaded etc) and whether Lewis wants more, less or the same amount of money.

A lot of talk on trade radio today about the number of players we're losing and how we could be facing the need for 7 draftees to fill the senior list purely on a numbers perspective depending on how we structure the list we may only require 3 or 4 draft selections. Rather than being locked into 2 year contracts for late draft picks I think we'd be better off taking more players in the rookie draft, which can be achieved by upgrading 2 of our existing rookies (Cox, Smith, Keeffe and Thomas) and going in with a senior list of 38 or 39 with one or two of our other rookies promoted in the preseason like we did with Gault last year.

2016 - 39 senior, 1 promoted rookie (Gault), 4 rookies, 2 cat b rookies (Cox, Wyatt)

Likely outs (confirmed, requested, rumoured)

10 senior (Swan, Macaffer, Toovey, Goodyear, Brown, Cloke, Witts, Frost, Marsh, Williams)
2 rookies (Golds, Gault)
1 cat b rookie (Wyatt)

Vacancies

31 - Wells
32 - Mayne
33 - WHE
34 - rookie upgrade (one of Cox, Smith, Keeffe and Thomas)
35 - rookie upgrade (one of Cox, Smith, Keeffe and Thomas)
36 - draft pick
37 - draft pick
38 - draft pick
39 - draft pick or promoted rookie (one of Cox, Smith, Keeffe and Thomas)
40 - draft pick or promoted rookie (one of Cox, Smith, Keeffe and Thomas)

Rookie list:

5 selections
- If senior list of 38 with two of Smith, Keeffe and Thomas upgraded
4 selections
- If senior list of 38 with Cox and one of Smith, Keeffe and Thomas upgraded
- If senior list of 39 with two of Smith, Keeffe and Thomas upgraded
3 selections
- If senior list of 39 with Cox and one of Smith, Keeffe and Thomas upgraded​
I'd upgrade Cox, Keeffe and Smith. Keeffe on a one year deal while we see how he returns.

I know that and I know Hine be doing the best he can to get the Trade in our Favor the Best he Can
Remind yourself of that in the coming days. Will be some anxious waiting with smoke and mirrors.
And at the end you will see Hine being interviewed and stating ,cool as a cucumber, that it was never in doubt.

Remind yourself of that in the coming days. Will be some anxious waiting with smoke and mirrors.
And at the end you will see Hine being interviewed and stating ,cool as a cucumber, that it was never in doubt.

I know and That is why he is good as he got and I am just a Fan Looking from the Outside In

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we are copying dogs with a bunch of medium talls
Not just the Dogs

The Hawks have played Gibson and Stratton as 'talls' and both are just 189cm, but they can actually kick the ball.

Swans have Rampe who is 188cm, Laidler who is 190 and Aliir who is still a skinny kid, again the important thing is that they have composure and can kick.

Brown and Frost both panic with ball in hand, were not agile enough to play on multiple opponents and not smart enough to do any other role than simply negate an opponent.

We will be much better off sticking with Reid and then a mix of versatile players like Goldsack, Howe, Oxley, S'Berg, Langdon who are 190+ and should be picked on form and play on a wide variety of forwards....but can all actually kick and create rebound too.

Not just the Dogs

The Hawks have played Gibson and Stratton as 'talls' and both are just 189cm, but they can actually kick the ball.

Swans have Rampe who is 188cm, Laidler who is 190 and Aliir who is still a skinny kid, again the important thing is that they have composure and can kick.

Brown and Frost both panic with ball in hand, were not agile enough to play on multiple opponents and not smart enough to do any other role than simply negate an opponent.

We will be much better off sticking with Reid and then a mix of versatile players like Goldsack, Howe, Oxley, S'Berg, Langdon who are 190+ and should be picked on form and play on a wide variety of forwards....but can all actually kick and create rebound too.
Seems to be the way the game is going :)

On LG-D855 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Corr number 14 in the 2012 draft obviously has some talent, KPP don't always come on as quick.

WHE and Corr would be nice selections low risk high reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back