Game Day Collingwood v Fremantle 15 July MCG 1.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ludicrous to not give Fin a game if they are resting Titch
But is it? The reason is that MacCrea is not going to be part of our finals team, so why play him. We need to see how our midfield goes without Mitchell, just in case. I would rather we do that with Crisp or Adams taking Mitchells spot, allowing us to work on that option.

Three in two out this week.It’s funny how just when we seem to be getting close to full strength,we always seem to get new injuries,like Mihocek,Maynard,WHE and now Cameron this week.I wonder will we ever have a full strength side to pick from?

Man David King was right about Mitchell

Any official word that Mitchell will be sub? If that's the case then no Fin makes sense. It's just usual sub rotation. If Mitchell is not playing at all then I'd think Fin would be a chance of sub.

Edit: apparently the club has confirmed Mitchell is sub. Just usual rotation then. The one older players that hasn't missed a game yet, as far as I can recall.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I did think at first maybe they are giving Macrae a game with Mitchell having a rest… but not the case.
Oh well- in Fly we trust.
Yep, I really thought this might be the ideal week to give Fin a run. No vfl. Coming off a 38 possession game. Mitchell being rested as the sub. But whatever Fly does, I'm fine with 😉

Unfortunately for Fin, the Daicos midfield shift has cooked him. Reality is we now have one too many midfielders in the side, which is why they are comfortable just leaving Mitchell out for this week. It just means we can use Daicos, DeGoey, Pendlebury and Crisp, with a pinch of Adams in there this week. There is no need for another midfielder in the side.

When Mitchell comes back, it will push Crisp to a predominantly half back role IMO and you will see Markov be the sub.

If Fin was to come in this week, it would mean you would be leaving out someone like Markov, who is in cracking form.

Three in two out this week.It’s funny how just when we seem to be getting close to full strength,we always seem to get new injuries,like Mihocek,Maynard,WHE and now Cameron this week.I wonder will we ever have a full strength side to pick from?
But the three ins are part of our strongest side.

Who would go out. Maynard comes in which gives us 7 defenders thus not needing any of the mids to play back like last week.
Yep. It's not like Mitchell going to sub opened up a spot for Fin. We moved him there to fit in the returnees. We'd have to drop a best 22 player to fit Fin in and that's not gonna happen.

I did think at first maybe they are giving Macrae a game with Mitchell having a rest… but not the case.
Oh well- in Fly we trust.
It’s unlikely Fin comes in at any stage for one of Mitchell, Pendles, JDG, Adams etc. because in that case we’d shift Crisp or Adams or Pendles inside more and pick a Ryan or HH or Ruscoe to replace the one that goes out. He needs two of that group to miss in order to come in.

Some massive melts from some supporters online about the Titch sub/no Fin decision.

Dunno how anyone is blind to this being a management decision. Dropping Titch for one game to bring in Fin, and then dropping Fin next week when Titch is ready to come back also isn't in Fly's MO.

Would have thought Fly has enough credits in the bank by now to back his selection calls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s unlikely Fin comes in at any stage for one of Mitchell, Pendles, JDG, Adams etc. because in that case we’d shift Crisp or Adams or Pendles inside more and pick a Ryan or HH or Ruscoe to replace the one that goes out. He needs two of that group to miss in order to come in.
Yeah good point. Fair point from Pragmatic Shill as well that it’s probably not ideal to bring Fin in just to drop him again the next week to bring Titch back.

Port have 7 outs this week, so hopefully it upsets their team balance and shuts down their momentum.
It's clearly a ploy to have players fresh to play us - with any luck, it will backfire.
I'm torn really - I want both Port and the scum to lose.

Normally I’d agree, but coming off a 38 disposal game against relatively weak opposition, I’d have said it would have been likely that they’d give Fin a run if Mitchell was actually out.
As it stands though, I’m actually liking the idea of making the older guys the starting sub at this time of year. Managing their minutes strategically without having them actually miss games is a clever use of the sub rule.

I said the same when I saw it. Given the players missing it still looks good on every line. I would feel slightly intimidated seeing that line up as an opposition supporter.
It’s time to hit top gear for more than one quarter.

will be the sub.

Crazy that we have to list subs as outs and then ins just before the game. Just name a 23 for gods sake.
The club has been naming the 23 immediately in their team announcements for months now. No point in melting over the team announcements on the news, just go to the clubs social media, they post teams within a couple of minutes of the news.

smash bye bye GIF by Red Bull

Port have 7 outs this week, so hopefully it upsets their team balance and shuts down their momentum.
It's clearly a ploy to have players fresh to play us - with any luck, it will backfire.
Win win for us in that game. I lean towards wanting Blues to lose.

Not sure if I'm alone but I have no fear of Port, I'd be very happy to play them in a final in Melbourne. Let them finish first or second. Playing them in a Prelim or even the GF would be great. They may be the team I'm least concerned about in the eight, outside of Saints. Don't have the weapons to trouble us.

That's what I'm hoping too when I've said I hope it bites them on the bum. I also don't want either to win, maybe a really tough, brutal, soul destroying draw would suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back