Game Day Collingwood v Western Bulldogs 7 July Marvel 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After his last couple of afl appearances, I just don’t feel I can rely on Reef to step in and step up.
It feels risky.
I’d rather play McStay for structure, even though they said otherwise.
I hope he trained well enough for us to reconsider.
Neither of those appearances came after 6 goal haul with some exquisite conversions in a VFL game.

Doubt Ryan is playing usually they would announce a debut by now as they usually say it earlier.
Think will be Maynard and Mihocek out De Goey and Mcinnes out hopefully we bite the bullet and bring Mcstay straight in but doubt it.

Yeah i hate when a tall forward kicks 2 goals in a half.
Very simplistic take

The ball was coming in like an avalanche He got 1 goal from a lucky free and then another Joe the Goose when we ran hard from defense with free players everywhere

I prefer to look at things like leading patterns , forward craft, contested marking, agility, second efforts , forward pressure etc to see if he is a viable forward.

He is a defender or ruck. Period.

AJ clearly the better option as a forward

Very simplistic take

The ball was coming in like an avalanche He got 1 goal from a lucky free and then another Joe the Goose when we ran hard from defense with free players everywhere

I prefer to look at things like leading patterns , forward craft, contested marking, agility, second efforts , forward pressure etc to see if he is a viable forward.

He is a defender or ruck. Period.

AJ clearly the better option as a forward
Atm AJ isn’t a great forward either. Pressure and second efforts are non existent. As is his marking. He was visibly non interested in the vfl game, and has gone back to his pre season form.

Atm AJ isn’t a great forward either. Pressure and second efforts are non existent. As is his marking.
Reef McStay …anyone but Frampton combined with Cox. 2 unco giraffes at Marvel does not work inside forward 50.

Anyone calling for AJ to be an 'in' this week, clearly didn't watch the 2's last week.

AJ and Ginny are behind Reef now.

Reef has done nothing whatsoever at AFL level and had ONE really dominant VFL performance against weak opposition. And you reckon that elevates him above both Johnson and Ginnivan, both of whom have already done a lot at AFL level in their short careers (albeit with some clear deficiencies)???

Suggest you go and watch Ginni’s and AJ’s AFL highlights videos. Then watch Reef’s. HINT: if you can find one, it will be very short.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The squad at captains run also includes Macrae. Reef. Johnson. Bianco, HH and Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That’s signed ruscoes papers I’d say. Can’t see macrae or bianco playing. So reef or Johnson for checkers. Degoey in. Leaves HH as sub. Ryan would have thought debut game we’d know by now

I really don’t dig Frampton playing FF with Cox, but we’ll see how it pans out. I know Lobb is a spud but can Murphy/Howe defend his size?

Maybe they want Moore on Lobb mainly and think Howe can defend Naughton.

OUT: Maynard, Mihocek, Harrison
IN: McInnes, De Goey, Ruscoe (sub)

B: Jeremy Howe - Darcy Moore - Isaac Quaynor
HB: Jack Crisp - Nathan Murphy - John Noble
C: Josh Daicos - Tom Mitchell - Will Hoskin-Elliott
R: Darcy Cameron - Nick Daicos - Jordan De Goey
HF: Pat Lipinski - Billy Frampton - Bobby Hill
F: Jamie Elliott - Mason Cox - Beau McCreery
I: Taylor Adams - Scott Pendlebury - Oleg Markov - Reef McInnes
Sub: Trey Ruscoe
Howe absolutely destroyed Lobb in last years semi.

Last edited:
HH needs a full game. Play him in the 2s

In: De Goey, Reef
Out: Maynard, Mihocek

Sub: Macrae #justplayhim

Personally, would have Ash Johnson as the sub, give abit of X factor off the bench in the 2nd half.

Yeah i hate when a tall forward kicks 2 goals in a half.
Looking at it without rose coloured glasses, there was one from a free kick and the other was running from defence.

His forward craft as a whole was not particularly impressive last week. Looked lost for the most part when he was actually playing forward.

Anyone calling for AJ to be an 'in' this week, clearly didn't watch the 2's last week.

AJ and Ginny are behind Reef now.

That's a fair point, I didn't watch the 2's but saw the clip of AJ getting caught with his pants down. :)

What we see in the 2's doesn't always translate to the top level. Some players have attributes that are hard to measure by watching the lower leagues. AJ and Ginny are good examples of this but your point is valid about Reef's form being very compelling.

That's a fair point, I didn't watch the 2's but saw the clip of AJ getting caught with his pants down. :)

What we see in the 2's doesn't always translate to the top level. Some players have attributes that are hard to measure by watching the lower leagues. AJ and Ginny are good examples of this but your point is valid about Reef's form being very compelling.
Aj and Ginnivan have been able to dominate the VFL so I don’t this point holds up in this instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back