Game Day Collingwood v Western Bulldogs 7 July Marvel 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I really don’t dig Frampton playing FF with Cox, but we’ll see how it pans out. I know Lobb is a spud but can Murphy/Howe defend his size?

Maybe they want Moore on Lobb mainly and think Howe can defend Naughton.

OUT: Maynard, Mihocek, Harrison
IN: McInnes, De Goey, Ruscoe (sub)

B: Jeremy Howe - Darcy Moore - Isaac Quaynor
HB: Jack Crisp - Nathan Murphy - John Noble
C: Josh Daicos - Tom Mitchell - Will Hoskin-Elliott
R: Darcy Cameron - Nick Daicos - Jordan De Goey
HF: Pat Lipinski - Billy Frampton - Bobby Hill
F: Jamie Elliott - Mason Cox - Beau McCreery
I: Taylor Adams - Scott Pendlebury - Oleg Markov - Reef McInnes
Sub: Trey Ruscoe

Quaynor Moore Noble
Pendles Howe Murphy

Cameron Mitchell Daicos
Lipinski De Goey Daicos

McCreery Hill Adams
Frampton Cox Elliott

Crisp Markov McInnes WHE

Sub:
Harrison

Emer:
Ryan Macrea Ruscoe McStay

Inj:
Mihocek Maynard Sidebottom Kreuger Dean

Res:
Johnson Ginnivan Bianco Begg Kelly Allan Draper Steene Carmichael Richards Murley Wilson

Last edited:
Well when you feel the need for a few goals. Degoey is the answer.
Name me one single better option at FF.

Please don't say, Reef, McStay or AJ.
c79db850898325ac81d9b0401b683769

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Johnson or Reef for Mihocek
Ruscoe for Maynard
DeGoey for Harrison
McCreery sub

If it's Reef play Pagans paddock with him 💪🏼
Interesting. You reckon he will do better in space. I think whatever he does, he needs to just play, get some possessions and put any skeletons away after the missed goal v melbourne. The kid has talent.

Out: Checkers, In: Reef/McStay
Out: HH, In: Jordy
Out: Bruz, In: Nobody can replace Bruz, ever. We bring in AJ, and move Crisp to the back.

Interesting. You reckon he will do better in space. I think whatever he does, he needs to just play, get some possessions and put any skeletons away after the missed goal v melbourne. The kid has talent.

100%. I'm bullish on Reef, he has "it".

I feel like HH will be in or the sub at worse. He ended up in the black in match sim. I'm tempted to see if they do a captains run tomorrow and see who is in the squad lol

I guess if we're going to be using Cox and Frampton as our somewhat makeshift tall targets then adding another quick small forward to the mix isn't the worst option.

Of course for that to work effectively both of those guys need to halve the majority of the aerial contests that come their way so the smalls can get to work.

On a dry Marvel deck and up against a Dogs side traditionally seen as batting deep through the midfield adding another fleet of foot player to our group and going smaller might be of more worth than adding a not quite right tall option.

I can see a case for and against Harrison given our omissions and it'll be interesting to see which way we go.

mcstay playing vfl seems odd to me given checkers is out and lippa and Howe both came straight back after missing basically as many weeks. All of them had shoulder/arm injuries so fitness a no issue. The he needs “ball work argument” would seem odd as well given howeys arm problems
Howe did a month of full training.

Our biggest issue and/or most important battle will be centre clearance. Last time round we could barely touch the ball in the first quarter. I want to see how much we have improved or not improved in that area.

I think our small forwards might (depends on supply) have a day out this week - I would be happy to go with Cox as the main tall with smalls the rest.

After his last couple of afl appearances, I just don’t feel I can rely on Reef to step in and step up.
It feels risky.
I’d rather play McStay for structure, even though they said otherwise.
I hope he trained well enough for us to reconsider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back