Preview Collingwood vs Essendon, ANZAC Day @ Melbourne Cricket Ground, 2:40PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll get a good idea where we are at with the modern game in this clash. The Pies have one of the fittest group in the league and can run games out well.

If we fail completely like our last 2 weeks then our playing group is not capable of going that next step and drastic changes need to be made. I'm sick and tired of seeing players with sore/tight groins, hammies, calf issues + whatever else nobbles em to not be able to play 20 odd games of strong AFL football.

I can't have another season where we stop for a month or two of football and look completely exhausted like we are wearing lead boots.

We'll get a good idea where we are at with the modern game in this clash. The Pies have one of the fittest group in the league and can run games out well.

If we fail completely like our last 2 weeks then our playing group is not capable of going that next step and drastic changes need to be made. I'm sick and tired of seeing players with sore/tight groins, hammies, calf issues + whatever else nobbles em to not be able to play 20 odd games of strong AFL football.

I can't have another season where we stop for a month or two of football and look completely exhausted like we are wearing lead boots.

Pies+Dogs = must win.

Didn't quite catch the whole thing but I think I just heard Jon Ralph say Goddard wouldn't get up for this game, anyone confirm that's what he said?

Didn't quite catch the whole thing but I think I just heard Jon Ralph say Goddard wouldn't get up for this game, anyone confirm that's what he said?
Welcome back BJ!

The challenge for Essendon is that they have a very unsettled line up. Does Goddard get up? How does Ryder pull up coming back from an ankle injury? Do they play Daniher who is clearly tiring? Will Hardingham get up from his hamstring strain? Where will Carlisle play? Where will Hurley play? Will Zaharakis, Melksham and Hocking find form? Will they be dropped? Will Myers return to his early season form? Will Bellchambers play? Will Watson return to his best after two very ordinary games by his standards, no not even that just two ordinary games? Will the youngsters play and how will they cope to the big occasion of ANZAC Day?

A lot of question marks over Essendon coming into ANZAC Day. Will be interesting to see how these questions are answered.

Interested in Essendon supporters opinions of key match-ups. Macaffer the red hot in form tagger with glorious scalps will go to Watson IMO. And then the out-of-form Hocking could go to one of Pendles, Beams or Swan, I'm tipping Pendles.

The out of form Carlisle to go to the here nor there Cloke. Hurley to Jesse White, that is if Thompson has the balls to persist with him in defense after Riewoldt absolutely destroyed him.

I don't think Essendon will get near Collingwood unless their midfiled drastically improves. Goddard must play, and Zaharakis and Melksham need form.

Hard game to predict cause it's ANZAC Day and the reality is players will lift.

Hard game to analyse. It's been a topsy-turvy start to the season, with the Pies being on the good end of the slope, the Bombers on the bad end.
worry bout your own team sheehan

Ok, over last night and now onto the biggest H&A match of the year, I think we will be smarting big time from that performance and I am tipping us to improve dramatically. Interesting to see how Heppell responds after playing the worst game in his career(probably only bad game he has ever played) I am tipping him to turn it around and Watson will come out and play an absolute blinder after a couple of down weeks by his standards. I think it could go either way and the team who takes there chances late in the game will get the job done.
BOMBERS BY 11

From a Collingwood point of veiw I would be happy to see both Ryder and Bellchambers back they have missed a lot of football and will struggle to get in to the game first up.

From a Collingwood point of veiw I would be happy to see both Ryder and Bellchambers back they have missed a lot of football and will struggle to get in to the game first up.
Ryder has missed 2 weeks, and also played on Saturday.

Bellchambers I agree with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hurley has never had any trouble with Cloke before. I would like his attack on the ball up forward this week but I'll back the boys in their current structure for one more week. JUST MAKE SURE CARLISLE IS DEEP FORWARD and JD pushes up from half forward. Leroy was ok this week but having him as our deepest player was just rubbish. Jake needs to give himself a run up and attack the ball!

Turn the heat up defensively across the ground ... NO MORE RUNNING PAST THE BALL TO GET TO THEIR PLACE IN "THE STRUCTURE". Gut running by everyone to provide those 25-45m pass options ... AND TAKE THE OPTION QUICKLY! When playing on with the hands be careful that there are options ahead if you're calling for the ball!

Bring back the good Essendon and we're better than a 50/50 chance of winning this game as our best footy this year has looked better than their best. However, it's pretty hard to turn around form like Essendon have shown for two weeks in a row now unless there is a very good reason for it with the combination of heat and gastro. If that is the case then the boys should be fine for Friday.

Oh yeah and put Myers on Pendlebury. Not the ******* scragging type of tagging just a big body leaning on him all day who runs to make him accountable when we have it.

I reckon Melksham being the tagger might help him and the team. He's done a good job before (shut down Ward last year as well) and it'll bring him into the game

Posted two days ago that I expect Melksham to get Beams. Melksham was better against StKilda.

i am interested to hear who you think will go onto sidebottom. His past two weeks have been excellent and his ball delivery skills have carved both the tigers and north

Stanton usually plays on Sidebottom. And Sidebottom has burnt Stanton off before.

That is the obvious one, although I'd rather him take Sidebottom personally.

Melk can't run with Sidebottom. Stants has trouble running with Sidebottom.

Melk can't run with Sidebottom. Stants has trouble running with Sidebottom.
Do yourself a favour and watch football for once. Melksham can easily run with Sidebottom. Stants would destroy Sidebottom with his running ability, like he would with most players.
Expect Macaffer to go to Heppell, Buckley tends to send him to the in/out combo mids.
Watson is our best player at that.

Form is a wonderful thing. Shame we don't have any.

If this was Round 2.. I would back us in comfortably.. now.. not so much.

Hopefully St Kilda was the the alarm clock and we at least get a better effort across the board. If we use the ball that badly again, Pies will literally rip us a new one..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back