2nds Collingwood vs. Geelong Cats Saturday 14th July Victoria Park at 1:00 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Was going to head along to this match but can't. Instead I'll be watching the live chat intently. Geelong aren't too far away from us this year, I reckon we could cause a boilover. Go Pies!

Thought Mooney might get a look in before Brown or Tarrant just based on how slow we looked last weekend. Guess not.

Thought Mooney might get a look in before Brown or Tarrant just based on how slow we looked last weekend. Guess not.

Not sure what the story is with Mooney, but obviously he's missing from both sides. Having Didak back in the VFL this week would have been handy, as we need him playing and finding some form as soon as possible.

WTF with no Dids?

Every week he's another week away. He's running out of time to get ready.
It's similar to the Pendlebury injury, where the club came out and said it wasn't as bad as first thought, when in fact it's exactly as bad as first though, and it's a 4-6 week injury at best.

It's been 5 weeks since he did the injury versus Melbourne, so a return next week would fit in well with most doctors original estimates.

Yeah I get that Matty but I find it more than a little frustrating.

It made sense with Pendles because he's a top 5 in the league player (at least) and tactically we may gain something by keeping them guessing, however, Dids is hardly feared these days and I'm certain opposition coaches aren't making major plans or crapping their dacks at the thought of him playing. On top of that, he was always going to come back via the twos.

Yeah I get that Matty but I find it more than a little frustrating.

It made sense with Pendles because he's a top 5 in the league player (at least) and tactically we may gain something by keeping them guessing, however, Dids is hardly feared these days and I'm certain opposition coaches aren't making major plans or crapping their dacks at the thought of him playing. On top of that, he was always going to come back via the twos.

The Club has Always Lied about how long Players are Injured for

Any team fielding four ruckman would. It's absolute folly if you ask me. We might as well just concede games because the way the game is played now you just can't afford to carry that many immobile players. Considering one of the key advantages of fielding our own VFL side is the ability to mirror the game plan of the senior side we seem pretty intent on throwing away the opportunity. I don't see the seniors running around with a structure sporting four ruckman. It really boggles!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's happened to Boland?

I'm guessing with the amount of talls we have he's not really required.

As Quicky says above we're already top heavy as it is.
Not a lot of point playing him & not one of our own.

Either that or we've decided he's a star & we're hiding him for the rest of the season so we can get him cheap.:p

The former I'm sure though would be closer to the truth.

Yeah Boland gets shafted when Wood plays VFL, because Witts and Ceglar play mostly forward. :(

Which totally throws the balance of the team out. I really would like us to utilise our good VFL players more effectively. We need to be more competitive, our young players need experience to help them transition and we really need to take advantage of the opportunity to play the seniors game plan. If that means some of our AFL listed players miss then so be it. Get creative, find a good team in a good suburban league that is happy to have some AFL players lace up for them from time to time, and make the fringe players fight to earn a position in the seconds. I can't help but feel the VFL side is being badly mismanaged and we are conceding a great advantage we have over our competition.

Yeah Boland gets shafted when Wood plays VFL, because Witts and Ceglar play mostly forward. :(

As much as I would love to see the vfl team be more competitive, the development of our listed players must remain the priority. If Witts/Ceglar start having an impact up forward at vfl level, pressure would mount further on Dawes.

With Tarkyn Lockyer, has Collingwood decided that his face fits (nice guy, well-liked, has footy knowledge) so lets educate and shape the rest of him into assistant coach material? Is he there primarily to develop players or to motivate them to win? Should he be rotated round the other coaching spots with the AFL team? What training do development coaches receive in how to develop players?

Thomas trained, he spoke to a mate of his who was down there who does a bit with the club, and said that Swanny's carrying a slight hip injury, and that's why he didn't train.

As much as I would love to see the vfl team be more competitive, the development of our listed players must remain the priority. If Witts/Ceglar start having an impact up forward at vfl level, pressure would mount further on Dawes.

They really need to make a VFL reserves team as well. The development of the tall is being harmed when they have to rotate the talls out of the team, or make them spend significant amounts of time of the bench each week because there is nowhere else to play them.

Also a more competitive VFL team would mean the team playing finals which would benefit the senior team significantly

Mate of mine was down at Gosh's today, said Swanny didn't train?
Nah, your mate is telling you porkies there.

They started training one minute ago, Swan and Thomas both rocked up.

Looking forward to seeing this game v Geelong.

Hope we smash them set the precedent for the ones.

Go Pies, though all the big guys will not be overly advantageous to say the least.

Not sure who else is going, i know TD has wussed out as he doesn't jump on double headers that well, but if anyone going and wants to catch up, that'd be great :)

Looking forward to seeing this game v Geelong.

Hope we smash them set the precedent for the ones.

Go Pies, though all the big guys will not be overly advantageous to say the least.

Not sure who else is going, i know TD has wussed out as he doesn't jump on double headers that well, but if anyone going and wants to catch up, that'd be great :)

Hey I am doing Next Weeks Double Header when the VFL Starts at 10:30am.

I would love to come but I have nothing to really do between the 2 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Collingwood vs. Geelong Cats Saturday 14th July Victoria Park at 1:00 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back