Collingwood vs Melbourne Matchday Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne V Collingwood

picture.php
--------- V ---------
picture.php

Monday Jun 14
MCG 2:10 PM (Local Time)
Melbourne Forecast Melbourne Radar

PREVIEW;

DAVE86; (Collingwood Perspective)

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18033008&postcount=1

Biffinator (Melbourne Perspective)

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18010078&postcount=1

TEAMS;

Melbourne
B:
Clint Bartram, Matthew Warnock, James Frawley
HB: Nathan Jones, Jared Rivers, Jack Grimes
C: Cameron Bruce, Jack Trengove, Tom Scully
HF: Neville Jetta, Matthew Bate, Lynden Dunn
F: Brad Green, Brad Miller, Aaron Davey
Foll: Mark Jamar, Brent Moloney, Jordie McKenzie
I/C: Colin Garland, Cale Morton, Jordan Gysberts, Jack Watts
EMG: Jamie Bennell, Paul Johnson, Kyle Cheney*

In: Dunn, Frawley, McKenzie
Out: James McDonald (hamstring), Colin Sylvia (toe), Jamie Bennell
*Cheney replaced Sylvia in the Demons' initial 25 on Saturday
Collingwood
B:
Heath Shaw, Simon Prestigiacomo, Leigh Brown
HB: Harry O’Brien, Nick Maxwell, Alan Toovey
C: Sharrod Wellingham, Dane Swan, Steele Sidebottom
HF: Paul Medhurst, Travis Cloke, Alan Didak
F: Dayne Beams, Brent Macaffer, Leon Davis
Foll: Darren Jolly, Scott Pendlebury, Dale Thomas
I/C: Jaxson Barham, Josh Fraser, Tarkyn Lockyer, Ben Reid
EMG: Chris Dawes, Brad Dick**, Tyson Goldsack

In: Barham, Lockyer
Out: Luke Ball (groin), Ben Johnson (ankle)

------------------------------------------------------------------

MY THOUGHTS;

As long as the weather holds off, we should do the "business" here today and just dispose of Melbourne like all sides have been recently. The loss of both Sylvia and McDonald outweighs any losses we had, as they lack the depth, especially through the middle, that the pies possess.
Melbourne have started badly lately, so expect them to be fired up early, but in a similar vein to last week, the second and third terms should be where we "make our move" here.
Would be surprised if there were any late changes here, although rumours still persist about Jones' hamstring.
Collingwood has to be efficient once inside 50, because while we will get plenty of chances, turnovers, even inside your own attacking 50, hurt against quicker sides like Melbourne.

MY TIP;

Pies to prevail though, just through talent and perseverance, although in a closer game then what some may expect.

COLLINGWOOD BY 22 POINTS.

Well with the Soccer Finshed Now after the Socceroos looked Crap and Get Flogged, people can get back to the Real Footy Today at the G.

Think the Dees might be a Bit Tired coming into the Split Round. I expect them to come out Hard but Fall Away Badly.

Pies by 50pts:thumbsu:

cant wait, i think its going to be another tight one at the g this arvo, what do people think the attendance will be, hopefully a big crowd coz im going, who else is going?
GO PIES!!!!!!

cant wait, i think its going to be another tight one at the g this arvo, what do people think the attendance will be, hopefully a big crowd coz im going, who else is going?
GO PIES!!!!!!

Yeah I am going.

Reckon around the 75k area

Tempted to stay up.....but I will only get the radio. I should as I don't work tomorrow so I have no real excuse.

How is the weather looking?

Weather is looking the best it has in days, not much chance of rain, and the suns out.:eek::p

The only chance the Dees have is if the weather closes in and it comes a "who wants it more" match.

The dryer the better for us.:thumbsu:

The Player we need to stop is Aaron Davey. He is the player that has Troubled us the Most in the Dees Side
That's where "Action" Jaxson Barham comes in.

Tell Jaxson to wear him like a glove, don't let him our of your sight, and to annoy the hell out of the bloke until he cracks like he did against the Scum 2 weeks ago.

With no Sylvia, no Pettard and no McDonald, Davey is the only player who can wreak havoc against us.

Stop him, and we win easily, don't stop him, and it could be close.

Not going today as i have a terrible cold, feel like shit. Usually quite enkoy the QB match, so i hate missing it.

Looks like a lovely day outside, hoping Barham has a ripper, will be interesting to see if his disposal has improved. I know it looks ok at VFL level, but the speed and pressure of AFL is a different game.

I think Bennell is coming in for Jones today, which makes them even younger and more unpredictable. In saying that, the last couple of weeks the Dees have looked tired, and need the break to freshen up after a couple of months of good footy. I'm expecting the Pies to punish them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood vs Melbourne Matchday Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back