Collo needs to cut back on his meds

Remove this Banner Ad

JeffDunne said:
The football club are providing tax advice to the social club? :confused:

If the social club are responsible for the ground upkeep why then are the football managing it? And why are they charging so much?

Collo wouldn't be trying to make the social clubs figures worse so they can fold it would he?

Also, why fold the social club if they are going to try and redevelop the ground? Would it not make sense to keep the social club and the pokies if the ground is to be returned to an AFL venue (under their plan)? Another director's self-interest involved here with a big pokies venue just up the road?
Have you ever been into the Carlton Social Club any other time than on match day? I don't think there is any venue in the Carlton, Brunswick, Fitzroy area, that has ever had anything to fear from the CSC. It was not as a pokies venue that it was a great money spinner for the club. I think you are barking up the wrong tree here. Conspiracy theories to the left, conspiracy theories to the right. Next you will be implying that Lauraine Diggins is plotting behind the scenes to protect her antiques business.

I was asking a question.

And yes I have been into the social club on non-match days. Like everything else at Carlton it's stuck in the dim dark past. However, the location is prime for development for someone with a bit of business smarts. The pokies clubs in Sydney road do a roaring trade (including Bruce's).

JeffDunne said:
Also, why fold the social club if they are going to try and redevelop the ground? Would it not make sense to keep the social club and the pokies if the ground is to be returned to an AFL venue (under their plan)? Another director's self-interest involved here with a big pokies venue just up the road?
Where have we said we're going to redevelop the ground so it can be returned to an AFL venue?

Edit - Nice cheap shot thrown in at the end. Is this another example of your genuine interest in Carlton's survival?

don't you love so called experts on finances. i don't hear you complaining about how collo saved telstra dome where your mob play?

btw if you actually beleive that st kilda are debt free you are as delusional as they come.

MeeSo said:
Where have we said we're going to redevelop the ground so it can be returned to an AFL venue?

Edit - Nice cheap shot thrown in at the end. Is this another example of your genuine interest in Carlton's survival?
Collo at the press conference.

Malouf on SEN tonight.

elgranto said:
don't you love so called experts on finances. i don't hear you complaining about how collo saved telstra dome where your mob play?
Collo saved Telstra Dome.

LMFAO - you lot are incredible.

The AFL scheduling prime games there at the MCG's expense wouldn't have had anything to do with its improved performance?

btw if you actually beleive that st kilda are debt free you are as delusional as they come.
LOL - don't you love these so-called financial experts. :D

Try reading the clubs financials and the statements from clubs our AGM sunshine.

JeffDunne said:

Malouf on SEN tonight.
"We need to bring that up to a standard that is commensurate with fully-professional football.

He said the league needed the ground for a fall-back option in Melbourne if the MCG or Telstra Dome were unavailable."
Source: aap.
Doesn't suggest to me that they are expecting to return to it being a full-time football venue.

JeffDunne said:
Collo saved Telstra Dome.

LMFAO - you lot are incredible.

The AFL scheduling prime games there at the MCG's expense wouldn't have had anything to do with its improved performance?

LOL - don't you love these so-called financial experts. :D

Try reading the clubs financials and the statements from clubs our AGM sunshine.
Do you have any idea of elgranto's credentials or are you just knocking him because he disagrees with your opinion?

JeffDunne said:

Malouf on SEN tonight.
AFL Blues finances in the red
He said the league needed the ground for a fall-back option in Melbourne if the MCG or Telstra Dome were unavailable.

We want the ground redeveloped as a AFL standard training ground not a football stadium, no different to St Kilda who need to upgrade Moorabbin.

Other AFL organisations are also looking for a new base of operations. ;)

Who said anything about full-time?

They want the league to pay for the upkeep on the premise it becomes the AFL's third Melbourne ground. Their pie-in-the-sky plan doesn't include small details like number of games, who should play there, who should train there, etc. Are you getting the picture that Collo's rescue plan is nothing more than wanting the AFL to pay $1M/year so Carlton can train at Princes Park?

mediumsizered said:
I wasn't aware that clubs accessing the CBF were allowed to use this charity to buy out other clubs. Save your platitudes for when your club is actually standing on its own 2 feet (if that ever happens).

Geez, if the smiley at the end of my little spiel wasn't enough I would have thought I implied enough sarcasam. We can't afford footy's to train with, so I don't actually think we can take over a footy club.

No matter how downright terrible they are.

Having a few digs at Carlton expense is one thing, actually wanting them to go down to re-locate is another thing entirely. I don't imagine too many people want to see that.

mediumsizered said:
Do you have any idea of elgranto's credentials or are you just knocking him because he disagrees with your opinion?
pfft - mediumsizered you are nothing but a lemming.

You defend your club regardless. You never bring anything of substance to these debates and inevitably try and turn it into a personal slanging match.

I haven't a bloody clue who he/she is let alone what their credentials, but based on his/her comments they have zero idea of where St Kilda are at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cypher said:
AFL Blues finances in the red

We want the ground redeveloped as a AFL standard training ground not a football stadium, no different to St Kilda who need to upgrade Moorabbin.

Other AFL organisations are also looking for a new base of operations. ;)
Again, let's make this about St Kilda.

We are talking about upgrading the training facility, not making the ground a fall back option as the the AFL's "third ground in Melbourne" (Collo's words not mine).

JeffDunne said:

They want the league to pay for the upkeep on the premise it becomes the AFL's third Melbourne ground. Their pie-in-the-sky plan doesn't include small details like number of games, who should play there, who should train there, etc. Are you getting the picture that Collo's rescue plan is nothing more than wanting the AFL to pay $1M/year so Carlton can train at Princes Park?
Given various levels of government are pouring funds into the Western Oval, Arden St, Skilled Stadium etc, is it too much to expect that maybe the AFL could contribute to the upgrade of Princes Park? Does the AFL not benefit from the availability of Princes Park during the pre-season? How about the Under 18, National Championships? Even the VFL choose to use it as the venue for its GF. Is it wrong to expect some contributions from these bodies or maybe the State Government? The ground is not used to the exclusive benefit of the Carlton Football Club.

JeffDunne said:
pfft - mediumsizered you are nothing but a lemming.

You defend your club regardless. You never bring anything of substance to these debates and inevitably try and turn it into a personal slanging match.

I haven't a bloody clue who he/she is let alone what their credentials, but based on his/her comments they have zero idea of where St Kilda are at.
Just as I thought. Be sure you know people's backgrounds before you dismiss their opinions.

BTW, I plead guilty to being passionate about my club. Therefore, why wouldn't I defend my club?

FWIW, You are the one who makes the personal attacks, I only return the favour. You are the one who pounces on a Carlton flavored thread and then proceeds to unload your long held bitterness towards the Carlton Football Club, and then tries to call it rational debate.

JeffDunne said:
Well what did you mean when you said that we should retain the social club and pokies if the ground is returned to an AFL venue? That would be pretty stupid if we are merely upgrading the training facilities and seeking AFL assistance for ground maintenance as you're now trying to say.

JeffDunne said:
You don't even know what the plan is or any of the details and you're already bagging it. Bit premature don't you think? I think I'll wait for discussions to take place between Carlton and the AFL before passing judgement.

mediumsizered said:
Given various levels of government are pouring funds into the Western Oval, Arden St, Skilled Stadium etc, is it too much to expect that maybe the AFL could contribute to the upgrade of Princes Park? Does the AFL not benefit from the availability of Princes Park during the pre-season? How about the Under 18, National Championships? Even the VFL choose to use it as the venue for its GF. Is it wrong to expect some contributions from these bodies or maybe the State Government? The ground is not used to the exclusive benefit of the Carlton Football Club.
You probably weren't here when Collo was running down the ground to suit his agenda in getting the club to relocate to Telstra Dome.

I was then arguing against the lemmings that the very thing Collo is now talking about is what the club should have had on the table instead of running the venue into the ground. Little has been spent on the maintenance of the ground recently (yes I've been there) so I shudder to think what the maintenance bill is for. Collo said last year that close to a $mil would need to be spent on top of routine maintenance before the ground would be suitable to ever hold a H&A game. Dig up the old threads if you like, the lemmings were calling me ignorant then.

It's clear from the comments Collo and Malouf made today that the AFL rescue plan is not a plan at all - it's an idea that currently has little substance. There's no problem with Carlton seeking assistance from the Council, State or Federal Governments or the AFL, the question though should be why have they waited so long? Also, it has to be asked, if all these other clubs have been successful in getting funding, will there be any left? Is it possible, I know it's hard for you to see anything negative at Carlton, but has Collo been too focused on relocating to Telstra Dome that he's completely overlooked the long term interests of Princes Park? Especially given he spent so much time talking the place down?

What staggers me most of all is that Carlton supporters aren't asking these questions.

MeeSo said:
Well what did you mean when you said that we should retain the social club and pokies if the ground is returned to an AFL venue? That would be pretty stupid if we are merely upgrading the training facilities and seeking AFL assistance for ground maintenance as you're now trying to say.

You don't even know what the plan is or any of the details and you're already bagging it. Bit premature don't you think? I think I'll wait for discussions to take place between Carlton and the AFL before passing judgement.

I know what plan is - Carlton are going get a dollar from Big Footy everytime JeffDunne submits a post about Carlton. Should have the $7mil cleared by the end of the year !

MeeSo said:
I asked the question based on their "third ground plan".

AndyLucimitis said:
I know what plan is - Carlton are going get a dollar from Big Footy everytime JeffDunne submits a post about Carlton. Should have the $7mil cleared by the end of the year !
Now there's a plan.

Blues are in big strife to say the least. If they have to swallow their pride and ask for assistance from the AFL, they have to do it, even though Collo has said he wants to stand on his own two feet.

JeffDunne said:
There's no problem with Carlton seeking assistance from the Council, State or Federal Governments or the AFL, the question though should be why have they waited so long? Also, it has to be asked, if all these other clubs have been successful in getting funding, will there be any left? .

Is it any coincidence that since the Blues recent problems have come to light Vlad has stopped talking about 10 Vic teams and the CBF and has started banging on about more Qld games and possible relocations?

I dont think so.

hmmmmmmmmm

the tigers were once 2 million in debt, not any more but they were.
i still recall many blue boys kicking us while we were down. anyway , we never needed assistance, we are getting things right 4 a change.

but the blues, all i can say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ITS SO NICE SEEING THE BLUES IN SUCH A BEGGING PATHETIC STATE!

0-xXx-0 said:
hmmmmmmmmm

the tigers were once 2 million in debt, not any more but they were.
i still recall many blue boys kicking us while we were down. anyway , we never needed assistance, we are getting things right 4 a change.

but the blues, all i can say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ITS SO NICE SEEING THE BLUES IN SUCH A BEGGING PATHETIC STATE!
The Tigers are still in debt, they haven't won a premiership for 25 years, their new club president has his own off field issues to deal with. Do you call that getting things right? I would hate to see how bad things could be if they were getting it wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collo needs to cut back on his meds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back