Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phillips was never no. 1.

JUH was always touted as the best player 12+ months out. It was always assumed that Crows would take Thilthorpe. But it was also rumoured they also considered McDonald and Holland.

Thats why everyone was shocked when we picked neither Holland nor McDonald.
Was on this board, perhaps because juh was never an option...
Logan was only talked about in the last few months though. I think North would've been silly to give into the media build up and choose him.

On Pixel 3a using BigFooty.com mobile app

They all like to take the sh*t out of him. I have no idea if he's aware of it, or cares about it. Considering he abandoned a law career and asked mummy and daddy to get him this job he may very well be AOK with it as long as it means he can live his dream.

It's all pretty funny, but kinda sad and disconcerting too. The man is on the autism spectrum and some of their behaviour amounts to bullying at times.

If I were him, I’d be sitting on my ass all day everyday living off my step mums billions.

No, this was in Alton nth about 14 years ago. 10k worth of tools stolen out of it too and they just told me where the car was with a 'sorry, not much we can do

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Probably cos they'd nicked it and already sent it to their Newtown chop shop.

Was on this board, perhaps because juh was never an option...
Logan was only talked about in the last few months though. I think North would've been silly to give into the media build up and choose him.

On Pixel 3a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thats bullshit. The two blokes who liked your post are the ones who jumped on the Phillips train a few months out from the draft. Never touted as no. 1.

Why is every other team except North Melbourne suddenly injury hit . When we have close to 20 of the squad out injured.?

Thats bullshit. The two blokes who liked your post are the ones who jumped on the Phillips train a few months out from the draft. Never touted as no. 1.
Yeah that sounds right, I never remember him being hyped as a no 1 pick. My memory is JUH, Hollands, then the talls (DGB, Thilthorpe and then maybe McDonald) but some talk about Thilthorpe going to the Crows. Phillips had highlights like Dustin Martin and played like Cunnington with running capacity tho. Seemed an obvious choice to me after Tef posted some different highlight clips.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is all the hate and vitriol for Carlton making a rushed decision on Teague as their coach? Barrett the little germ was quick to sink the slipper into the NMFC when we chose Shaw. I detest that human
What about St Kilda with Ratten? Two other teams did the same as us and now both are seriously nonperforming against their own internal standards yet we hear nothing from the toe rag.

The only players I ever read about in the frame for #1:

McDonald
Hollands
Ugle-Hagan
Thilthorpe

If anyone is claiming otherwise feel free to provide links to said content.

I liked the look of Phillips, Campbell & DGB from the clips.

I struggled to put McDonald in the top 5, but again, only from viewing clips.

Let's see how it pans out.

The only players I ever read about in the frame for #1:

McDonald
Hollands
Ugle-Hagan
Thilthorpe

If anyone is claiming otherwise feel free to provide links to said content.
Wasn't Ugle-Hagan the consensus number one, but the talk was always about if Adelaide would skip reading out his name because he was off to the Dogs and that would mean their actual choice wouldn't have the mystique (and cash) associated with pick one?

I liked the look of Phillips, Campbell & DGB from the clips.

I struggled to put McDonald in the top 5, but again, only from viewing clips.

Let's see how it pans out.

Fwiw I'm only commenting on what was circulating in the media, not personal opinion.

Can vouch you talked those guys up from a way out and you posted several stills (or clips?) on Phillips well before he became "trendy".

Wasn't Ugle-Hagan the consensus number one, but the talk was always about if Adelaide would skip reading out his name because he was off to the Dogs and that would mean their actual choice wouldn't have the mystique (and cash) associated with pick one?
Pretty much.
It was either they call on JUH, or, go straight to Tilthorpe.
That was accepted by most informed watchers and analysts as the most likely scenario.
Pretty sure I read that we rated Tilthorpe best available too.

Sounded crazy maybe. She was still just recommending people wash their hands. Fairly tame in my books.
Darcy would be the first to snitch if someone broke a rule but whinges about advice on a radio broadcast. Get a grip LD.

I can't believe a Chief Medical Officer would not know anything about football. World famous epidemiologist with an axe to grind Professor Luke Dumb as Dogshit Darcy strikes again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back