Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You haven't show me anywhere that Melbourne or Richmond have published their plan. They've announced the outcomes they are striving from but that's not publishing the plan. You have no idea what the measurable KPIs were within the plan. They just announced the desire to be successful to appease the stupidity of their members.
I'd say playing 3 finals in X years is a pretty measurable KPI. I can't remember the specifics and I'm not gonna Google it for you but it pretty clearly had milestone measures.

I'd say playing 3 finals in X years is a pretty measurable KPI. I can't remember the specifics and I'm not gonna Google it for you but it pretty clearly had milestone measures.
Thats not the plan. The plan is the road map how to get there. Like I said, announcing those sort of "milestones" is to appease the stupidly of their members. Please please please, read that last sentence again and again until it sinks in.

But as surface level as the clip was it’s not wrong we are worryingly poor at the moment.

Thats not the plan. The plan is the road map how to get there. Like I said, announcing those sort of "milestones" is to appease the stupidly of their members. Please please please, read that last sentence again and again until it sinks in.
Yes, at this stage our progress unfortunately can only really be measured qualitatively for the most part.

It’s hard to measure

Qualitatively the football world thinks we're regressing and is firing up the torches and pitchforks
Sums it up. Hard to argue with a lot of what is said. We are open targets at the moment. Let's see if the club fights back in PR terms. I doubt it.

Okay. I'm saying things are rosy am I?

What I'm really doing is looking for any positives because that's better than carrying on like a fu**en crybaby.

There are positives too but people like you not only don't want to see them, you're shit canning other posters for noticing or mentioning them. Just fu** off.
No. If I am one side of the coin you and a few others on here are the complete opposite where all negatives are rebadged in a positive light to absolve people at the club.

The percentage of 60 actually flatters us. The noise in the media is fair and people at the club should be very much on notice from board members, to coaching staff, to senior players.

It all needs to start this week with the club making senior players accountable for once and not making token changes to feign accountability.
And it shouldn’t just be Kayne Turner (who shouldn’t be in our list next season).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there's close to 17 hypocritical list managers out there if the protests against us getting a PP are accurate.

However I think we have to cop some of the other criticism around attracting players and general trading prowess until we prove otherwise.

Wow so we were a Logan McDonald choice away from not being on struggle street. Then apparently other list manages suggest that we could trade to improve our list. Then it gets mentioned that we traded for CCJ and maybe that wasnt the correct decision.

Of course we deserve one we're shit, as shit as any of the clubs that have had one previously.

Last edited:
Wow so we were a Logan McDonald choice away from not being on struggle street. Then apparently other list manages suggest that we could trade to improve our list. Then it gets mentioned that we traded for CCJ and maybe that wasnt the correct decision.

Of course we deserve one we're shit, as shit as any of the clubs that have had one previously.
Ross Lyon mentioned we we shit because we delisted so many players. I would suggest the reason we are so shit is because we drafted those players in the first place. Or at least hung onto them too long.

There wouldn't be a team that received a PP who didn't contribute to their own demise.

As for Logan McDonalds, could you imagine how the poor campaigner would be going with us right now? These same people would be saying we should've picked Phillips.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

An uncompromised draft you say? Wonder how many list managers will give up their zone/lga/father son picks to achieve that? Not many I’m tipping

I'd love to see an uncompromised draft, but the facts are we don't have one so just give us what every other club in our position has been given.

An uncompromised draft you say? Wonder how many list managers will give up their zone/lga/father son picks to achieve that? Not many I’m tipping

I think that’s the point they make, but it’s really just because they don’t want us to get a leg up at the draft. Our list manager would say the same if the tables were turned.

Ross Lyon mentioned we we shit because we delisted so many players. I would suggest the reason we are so shit is because we drafted those players in the first place. Or at least hung onto them too long.

There wouldn't be a team that received a PP who didn't contribute to their own demise.

As for Logan McDonalds, could you imagine how the poor campaigner would be going with us right now? These same people would be saying we should've picked Phillips.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Michael that is why you are the 389,357th best poster across Big Footy boards. FYI you've moved up 3 spots this week alone.
Good job!

Yes, yes and Yes I still remember finishing 4th last and the three clubs below us all had a PP.

We took Hales, who became Hale at the Hawks.

1651123225917.png

You haven't show me anywhere that Melbourne or Richmond have published their plan. They've announced the outcomes they are striving from but that's not publishing the plan. You have no idea what the measurable KPIs were within the plan. They just announced the desire to be successful to appease the stupidity of their members.
Richmond sorta published their plan, in 2010.

"If we could boil the whole plan to its fundamental essence, it means that by 2014 we expect to deliver 3-0-75

• 3 finals appearances (including 1 top 4 finish)
• zero debt
• 75,000 members"

They played their third finals series in a row in 2015, and I CBF looking any deeper. But if you want to get technical, they failed to reach all of those goals.

There was also the target mentioned in the speech of winning three flags by 2020, which of course they did.

Also worth mentioning that in 2011, Carlton published their plan, which aimed for two flags by 2015. As this article so succinctly put it: Instead, the club sacked two coaches

Bunch of other plans in there, too. Worth a read to see how everyone deals with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back