Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY "talking to opposition list managers" he actually means reading bigfooty. The man is a complete nuffy and has been caught out multiple times peddling unsubstantiated horse shit as fact he's been told by insiders, when actually it was just rumours doing the rounds.

Lol it's bloody round 7 and there's already alleged "discussions" about priority picks. There's no evidence of such discussions, its purely dribble in the media. These so called "journalists" will create rumours and instability purely to get their own opinions out there. It's their jobs to write opinion pieces and keep footy in the news.

I'd rather have a similar ending to the year Hawthorn had last year and miss out on a priority pick than be abysmal all year and get one. Essendon are 1-5 with a team that "should be playing finals". Don't worry about beating up on a very young, rebuilding team early in the process - in terms of expectations, if we hadn't been blown out by Brisbane and Geelong by as much and turn that Sydney game into a win I doubt there'd be discussions of a priority pick. Sure, we're currently performing below expectations - but Essendon, GWS, Port and West Coast I'd say are performing well below their own expectations for where each of their respective lists are at.

tldr; my morning brown had more substance to it than Tom Browne's story, and I had extra hot beef vindaloo for dinner last night :stern look

Richmond sorta published their plan, in 2010.

"If we could boil the whole plan to its fundamental essence, it means that by 2014 we expect to deliver 3-0-75

• 3 finals appearances (including 1 top 4 finish)
• zero debt
• 75,000 members"

They played their third finals series in a row in 2015, and I CBF looking any deeper. But if you want to get technical, they failed to reach all of those goals.

There was also the target mentioned in the speech of winning three flags by 2020, which of course they did.

Also worth mentioning that in 2011, Carlton published their plan, which aimed for two flags by 2015. As this article so succinctly put it: Instead, the club sacked two coaches

Bunch of other plans in there, too. Worth a read to see how everyone deals with them.
as Malcolm Speed says in the article:

“It’s quite ambitious, but I’d be surprised if each of the 18 clubs didn’t have somewhere in its strategic plan that it wanted to win a premiership in its next four years,” Speed said.

“Eighteen teams and four premierships. There aren’t enough to go around.

“But by putting it into the media, they are using it as a marketing tool. A football club markets hope. That’s what they sell.”

Themanbun wants to be sold hope. We have a plan, the plan will have measurable goals along the way. If we hit these goals the club believes we will be in a good position to be successful. They're not going to publish the plan, they may publish the desired out come but as Speed said that's just to sell hope to the members.

I don't need the club to tell me they are striving for a premiership. They know its what I want, I know its what they want.

lol- did you notice it included the best templates, we're leaving no stone unturned.
Choose forur digits between zero and nine. Any digits (example: 3, 4, 2, 7).

Using those numbers, pick the word from the four lists that aligns with the corresponding digit you chose (3, 4, 2, 7 yields: dynamically deliver flexible outcomes).

This is how corporate reports are written. To take the piss, I have genuinely done this in more than one workplace - I even showed the buzz phrase generator to my boss and he used it to create powerpoints for the executives and they loved the results.

0​
assertively
1​
dramatically
2​
dynamically
3​
efficiently
4​
energistically
5​
enthusiastically
6​
objectively
7​
proactively
8​
professionally
9​
seamlessly
0​
build
1​
communicate
2​
create
3​
cultivate
4​
deliver
5​
develop
6​
empower
7​
reinvent
8​
transition
9​
unleash
0​
empowered
1​
enabled
2​
flexible
3​
focused
4​
innovative
5​
proactive
6​
professional
7​
top-line
8​
transformational
9​
uplifted
0​
adoption
1​
benefits
2​
core competencies
3​
experiences
4​
human capital
5​
motivation
6​
opportunities
7​
outcomes
8​
results
9​
results

Okay I’ll bite.
Thomas was a gun player that if he was afforded the privileges that players from the afl’s darling clubs get would be consider one of the leagues great small forwards.
And you could tack on another 100 goals to his career.

Compared statistically with Cyril Rioli there is very little between them. In terms of quantity of 5 goal games, Lindsay absolutely torches him.

Now imagine Lindsay playing in that Hawthorn side with the pressure off most weeks, slaughtering sides on the big stage. I’d say you could tack on another 200.

Compared statistically with Cyril Rioli there is very little between them. In terms of quantity of 5 goal games, Lindsay absolutely torches him.

Now imagine Lindsay playing in that Hawthorn side with the pressure off most weeks, slaughtering sides on the big stage. I’d say you could tack on another 200.
McDermott Breerton wouldn't have potted him on the telly that's for sure.

Lindsay is the 11th highest North goal kicker of all time.

Not even in a parallel universe would he be considered a net negative contributor to the club.

These campaigners can get f’ed. Was it framed as do the other clubs "deserve" priority picks when they got them?

Or was it that they "need" them?
Agree, the can garn get f'd.,,,"its of their own doing".......but hangon....the Suns entered the comp before GWS, got all the concessions, plus one of the greatest players in the modern era, and been given the kings ransom of priority picks.....poor culture, and selecting players who some would deem ratbags, with no trade value regardless of talent.....no not of their own doing at all. Go home factor overplayed,,,,a lot of good players have left GWS but they always seem to extract overs at the trade table.

Part of our problem is that we had a talented but aging list when Suns and GWS came into the comp. Opening a premiership window wasn't going to happen via the draft, brought in experienced players via free agency which was probably the right thing to do at the time and have a crack, BUT then held on too long so the draftees either didnt get a crack, were mismanged, or just simply were not good enough. Without cutting deeply and bringing through a crop of players all together we'd be bound to repeat the last 10 or so years....middling but never good enough.

So yeah it's of our own doing, but in response to the environment and system the AFL created, and deeply rooted in the last 5-10 years. The blame doesn't rest solely with the administration that agreed to cut deeply.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re about a week away from a few of you putting together a North Melbourne Focus On Football group.

Who’s who?

Attachments

• 1449DA27-1000-4761-9560-64FF49CFF222.jpeg
    1449DA27-1000-4761-9560-64FF49CFF222.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 61
Wow so we were a Logan McDonald choice away from not being on struggle street. Then apparently other list manages suggest that we could trade to improve our list. Then it gets mentioned that we traded for CCJ and maybe that wasnt the correct decision.

Of course we deserve one we're shit, as shit as any of the clubs that have had one previously.
Its not about whether we deserve one. **** that moralistic bullshit that only applies to us. PPs are there for clubs that need them.

Someone needs to go top town on that campaigner with a baseball bat.

I like that he brings up Brad Scott's time there tho. That's levevrage. WE can point out to him all the compromised drafts he had to deal with and say this is why we are in the hole we are in now. Surely you remember Brad. You were there!

"Deserve" is such an odd argument to make. What formula does the AFL brainstrust have to work that one out? Multiply the negligence coefficient by the Number Of Players Above The Age Of 27 Delisted, subtract that from the They're Really Shit total then divide it by the **** Norf Factor.

Either a club needs support because they're at the bottom and there is a gap between them and the rest, or a club doesn't need support.

An uncompromised draft you say? Wonder how many list managers will give up their zone/lga/father son picks to achieve that? Not many I’m tipping
yeah speaking of which,,,,how about the AFL step in and retrospectively force son's of former north players to play for north,,,,,Kelly, Brayshaws, Blakey, Spargo!.....that'd be a half decent haul.

Using those numbers, pick the word from the four lists that aligns with the corresponding digit you chose (3, 4, 2, 7 yields: dynamically deliver flexible outcomes).

This is how corporate reports are written. To take the piss, I have genuinely done this in more than one workplace - I even showed the buzz phrase generator to my boss and he used it to create powerpoints for the executives and they loved the results.

0​
assertively
1​
dramatically
2​
dynamically
3​
efficiently
4​
energistically
5​
enthusiastically
6​
objectively
7​
proactively
8​
professionally
9​
seamlessly
0​
build
1​
communicate
2​
create
3​
cultivate
4​
deliver
5​
develop
6​
empower
7​
reinvent
8​
transition
9​
unleash
0​
empowered
1​
enabled
2​
flexible
3​
focused
4​
innovative
5​
proactive
6​
professional
7​
top-line
8​
transformational
9​
uplifted
0​
adoption
1​
benefits
2​
core competencies
3​
experiences
4​
human capital
5​
motivation
6​
opportunities
7​
outcomes
8​
results
9​
results
Dynamically empower flexible results!

What a surprise. “Other clubs not on board with north getting a Priority pick!” Geez that bolted outta nowhere.
There‘s a great old saying “ Always back self interest, as at least you know it’s definitely trying”.
Thanks Paul Keating...of course you are spot on.

0​
assertively
1​
dramatically
2​
dynamically
3​
efficiently
4​
energistically
5​
enthusiastically
6​
objectively
7​
proactively
8​
professionally
9​
seamlessly
0​
build
1​
communicate
2​
create
3​
cultivate
4​
deliver
5​
develop
6​
empower
7​
reinvent
8​
transition
9​
unleash
0​
empowered
1​
enabled
2​
flexible
3​
focused
4​
innovative
5​
proactive
6​
professional
7​
top-line
8​
transformational
9​
uplifted
0​
adoption
1​
benefits
2​
core competencies
3​
experiences
4​
human capital
5​
motivation
6​
opportunities
7​
outcomes
8​
results
9​
results
Did we work together?

Was that a paul Keating saying Bertie22 ? I had no idea. Think it’s a cracker. Can be applied to many things.
Well he certainly had a version allegedly from his mentor, former NSW Premier, Jack Lang..."In the race of life, always back self-interest - at least you know it's trying." Yes it has wide application, doesn't it? Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back