News Compensation Pick for Krakouer

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Nathan Krakouer

We get a 4th band pic according to 5AA (end of second round). Sounds liek they are reading a press release.

Pretty ordinary compensation really. I thought 4th band was a mid 2nd rounder?

If I am making sense of this article: http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/96815/default.aspx

the bands are:

Band 1) Round One Selection and a second selection at the mid-point of Round One, placed after the teams that have missed the finals have had their Round One Selection.

Band 2) Round One Selection

Band 3) End of Round One Selection

Band 4) Round Two Selection

Band 5) Round Three Selection

A club may elect to use its compensation selection(s) at its choice at any of the next five national drafts and its compensation pick in a round would come immediately after its pick in that year’s draft, with the exception of any Round One picks at the 2010 and 2011 Drafts, which can only be utilised at the end of Round One.

So in essence - if we take it this year, we would get pick 35 (assuming no other club cashed in this year).
the Crows - (end of round 1 pick for Bock) throws him at about pick 26 if its taken this year - of course if they did that, out pick for Krak would become pick 36.

If I am making sense of this article: http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/96815/default.aspx

the bands are:

Band 1) Round One Selection and a second selection at the mid-point of Round One, placed after the teams that have missed the finals have had their Round One Selection.

A club may elect to use its compensation selection(s) at its choice at any of the next five national drafts and its compensation pick in a round would come immediately after its pick in that year’s draft, with the exception of any Round One picks at the 2010 and 2011 Drafts, which can only be utilised at the end of Round One.

So in essence - if we take it this year, we would get pick 35 (assuming no other club cashed in this year).
the Crows - (end of round 1 pick for Bock) throws him at about pick 28 if its taken this year - of course if they did that, out pick for Krak would become pick 36.

Do not use in these two years, hold on to for four years or the max fifth year.

The AFL article says the pick is taken at the end of round 2 for the next 5 years

The AFL article says the pick is taken at the end of round 2 for the next 5 years

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/96815/default.aspx
The other categories of compensation would be in four categories - Round One Selection, End of Round One Selection, Round Two Selection and Round Three Selection. A club may elect to use its compensation selection(s) at its choice at any of the next five national drafts and its compensation pick in a round would come immediately after its pick in that year’s draft, with the exception of any Round One picks at the 2010 and 2011 Drafts, which can only be utilised at the end of Round One.

Ours is a round 2 selection hence taken "immediately after its pick in that year’s draft"

..... So in essence - if we take it this year, we would get pick 35 (assuming no other club cashed in this year).
the Crows - (end of round 1 pick for Bock) throws him at about pick 26 if its taken this year - of course if they did that, out pick for Krak would become pick 36.
Which puts that pick about where we got Krak, 2006 NAB AFL Draft 3rd round selection No. 39 overall.

We get nothing for the four years of development and mollycoddling we have put into the kid.

Which puts that pick about where we got Krak, 2006 NAB AFL Draft 3rd round selection No. 39 overall.

We get nothing for the four years of development and mollycoddling we have put into the kid.

Yeah it sucks really.

I guess if we wait to years and finish bottom we could nab a pick around 18 ......

MEH, **** it, we got 3 tenths of **** all game time out of Krak this year, so in a way we are losing nothing from our 2010 playing list, I'm over him, that pick is better than a lazy ********.

Meh,

Im just happy he is gone.

Would have liked a bit more, but nevermind.

Looking at players that went at this time, or after in this years draft we could still get something fairly useful.

I say use it this year,

In 4-5 Years we should be pushing for a Premiership, so we probably need draft picks now rather than in the future.

What a joke.Compensation is shit compared to his talent and potential.Typical though,no one rated burgoyne before he moved to vic.Im afraid its the same with the krak :(

Actually a round 2 selection is pretty fair IMO.

This year it would be pick 34.

In three years time it would be in a range from 20-37 plus however many compensation picks are used before us. So in reality it would be in a range from 25-42.

So in reality I think we are better off using it this year so that our pick will be in a similar age range as our current young stars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we can trade the pick.

Maybe for a ruckman.

Jacobs, Woods or Minson.

If we trade the pick to a higher team does that mean it becomes less valuable. ie after their pick? If we trade to a lower team does it become more valuable?

Hmmn.:confused:

Maybe we need to trade the second round pick and keep the compensation pick. When did football get complicated?

That's fair for Krakouer. Despite his obvious talent he's played sweet bugger all games and never really took any games by the scruff and ran with them.

Don't forget that selection can be made any time in the next 5 years. I'm fine with that.

I wouldn't complain too much considering Bock's compensation pick was only 1 tier higher (end of 1st rd pick).

The true value of a compensation pick to me is their trade value to bottom end clubs. There is still a grey area to what their value would be if traded, so say you traded it to the WCE would they then be able to use it after their 2nd rd pick or your 2nd rd pick ??? If it's the former then it would be worth what #29 (WCE pp = 26, GC17 = 27, WCE 2nd rd = 28, compensation pick = 29). The Eagles may be interested in securing x4 picks in the top 30 in this years draft (#4, #26, #28 and #29) and thus give you a good deal for it .....................

so if its end of 2nd round, in 2 yrs thats pick 37 at best ( you can bank on min 16 compensation picks likely more to be used between 2yrs and 6 yrs from now). then if end of 2nd round or 1st round priority for crap teams means likely to be 45+. even if its after our 2nd round pick in 2yrs ild expect us to be top 8 easily more likely top 6, it still would be late 30's or worse.

**** off demetriou.

i wouldnt be surprised if all the other players gc pick up are older more established players and we get the crappest compo pick. honestly pick 19 for bock, considering the kids that crows have to play in his spot will push him out of the side after next year, and his age and injury concerns is a pretty decent get for them. krak can easily play 200+ games for his next club but he isnt worth half the trade value of bock?? why cant it be bidding like F/s rules? most clubs would offer something better than pick 40 in this draft for him, and gc/ afl should match it or the player goes to that club ( or psd if he doesnt agree to terms with the club). this would see fairer trade value.

mark this, end of 2nd round will mean pick 40+ for us no doubt. ive never read the book ' a confederacy of dunces' but ild imagine the goons at AFL HQ come to mind as likely characters.

18 picks is a lot but I agree with his point which would be Bock is Bock and Krakouer is Krakouer, so to go only 1 tier lower is as much as we could ask for, surely. Remember the Clowns are getting r*ped here too.

the bands are:

Yeah I reckon you are spot on Malibu as I've interpreted it the same way.

So in 2010 we have pick 16 - first round ends at 25, lets say 5 round 1 and top echelon compo players happen, that would mean our next pick is 38, that gives us a Krak compo pick in 2010 of 39.

Whilst we are not getting value for our loss I wrote in the following post that we would probably get a 3rd round selection and high 40's or low 50's pick as we had two games to go and could have finished 9th to 15th . I hoped the GC paid him a shit load so our compo would get bumped up a round. Maybe that's what happened and why we ended up with a 2nd round selection.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18715079&postcount=334

According to the camrys administrators, the compensatory pick for Bock is 'grossly inadequate' and will be appealed (source: AFL website). I tend to agree but of course feel no sympathy for them. It may mean we hop on their coat tails and appeal the pick for Krak, but I think second round is about right for him.

I absolutely agree with the Crows on this one.

If Gary Ablett Jr goes to GC and is rated a higher band than Bock, then this is yet another Victorian rort. Same age, both are multiple All-Australians. Neither drafted in the first two draft rounds of their draft year.

I absolutely agree with the Crows on this one.

If Gary Ablett Jr goes to GC and is rated a higher band than Bock, then this is yet another Victorian rort. Same age, both are multiple All-Australians. Neither drafted in the first two draft rounds of their draft year.

I think Bock is only a one-time All Australian and his club B & F placings wouldn't have added much value. However it will be very interesting to see how the Ablett compensation is worked out. I would think that he could only be one band higher than Bock, which would make him Band 2.

This would effectively mean no player in the competition is a Band 1 player, which in turn makes the whole thing a farce.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Compensation Pick for Krakouer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back