Congratulations Hawthorn!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We don't have to sell games there to boost our membership numbers or bottom line.

Even when we were thrown a heap of money to play a few home games at the Adelaide Oval about five or six years ago. Cook and Costa threw it all back in their face and said we're staying put.

Geelong were $6 million in debt when Cook and Costa took over in 1999. Geelong never went to the AFL with cup in hand looking for a handout, yet 10 years later, we've had 10 consecutive profits, have undertaken two separate refurbishment projects at our home ground to bump up capacity from 25,000 to 30,000, and have won two flags in the process.

But if having 50,000 members, a $2.7 million profit yet nothing new in the trophy cabinet to show for it all is all it takes for most Hawks fans to get excited, then good for them. I'm perfectly happy with 38,000 members, a $657,000 profit and a shiny new premiership cup. :thumbsu:

Even when we were thrown a heap of money to play a few home games at the Adelaide Oval about five or six years ago. Cook and Costa threw it all back in their face and said we're staying put.

Geelong were $6 million in debt when Cook and Costa took over in 1999. Geelong never went to the AFL with cup in hand looking for a handout, yet 10 years later, we've had 10 consecutive profits, have undertaken two separate refurbishment projects at our home ground to bump up capacity from 25,000 to 30,000, and have won two flags in the process.

But if having 50,000 members, a $2.7 million profit yet nothing new in the trophy cabinet to show for it all is all it takes for most Hawks fans to get excited, then good for them. I'm perfectly happy with 38,000 members, a $657,000 profit and a shiny new premiership cup. :thumbsu:
Cant talk about geelongs last ten years and limit Hawthorn to one year, If I remember correctly we did win the 2008 premiership.

Just remember folks that there is one particular Hawthorn supporter in here that has multiple identities and loves answering his own posts just to try and stir the pot. I can confidently say that three of the Hawthorn identities replying to this thread are actually the same person just changing aliases. That person is probably getting quite a bit of enjoyment at how many bites there are to this thread.

Oh man.!! If you Geelong posters could just see yourselves. Hijacking this thread to try & turn it into Geel v/>>> Haw....haha. Get over it, the obvious envy & jealousy of The Mighty Hawks has come to an embarrassing all time high right now.:D

You suffer from big fish in small pond syndrome. Geelong is nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Show immense jealousy and tall poppy syndrome when a club goes from almost being down for the count to a powerhouse on and off the field ?

9th. 9 wins and 13 losses. Hawthorn is one of the lesser teams on field.

Oh man.!! If you Geelong posters could just see yourselves. Hijacking this thread to try & turn it into Geel v/>>> Haw....haha. Get over it, the obvious envy & jealousy of The Mighty Hawks has come to an embarrassing all time high right now.:D

You suffer from big fish in small pond syndrome. Geelong are the Premiers

I'm sure they're soooooooooooo jealous of you.

How surprising to see a financially illiterate Tigers fan.

Hawthorn would make substantial profits without selling games.

The only time the club struggled was in the Schwab debacle years.

What garbage ! without selling games interstate the Hawks would be struggling big time financially...giving out membership packages to kids in schools is one way to claim huge memberships i guess :eek:

Big LOL at all the North fans take pot-shots due to jealously.

Hate Hawthorn as a club but I was actually reading about the Melbourne Hawks merger last night (I was young at the time and couldn't remember any of details) and I must say I was shocked reading that the Hawks could not get members, sponsers etc etc. Massive turnaround from the Hawks and a congratulations is definatly in order (ouch that was painful to write).

What garbage ! without selling games interstate the Hawks would be struggling big time financially...giving out membership packages to kids in schools is one way to claim huge memberships i guess :eek:

Not to mention the ones they hand out to pet owners' and the recently deceased.

Disclaimer: I'm joking.

This thread is just so funny.
A Hawthorn supporter who's team has just finished an embarrassing "ninth" on the ladder, is jumping up and down on his soapbox saying "We're the greatest team of all".
Please mate, you are embarrassing all the normal Hawthorn supporters in here, just calm down until Hawthorn start winning a few games again.

Seeing as though we won a premiership last year & are in a prime position to do so again, I, as a Hawks supporter have plenty of reasons to be jumping up & down over becoming Victoria's biggest club, period.

Big LOL at all the North fans take pot-shots due to jealously.

Hate Hawthorn as a club but I was actually reading about the Melbourne Hawks merger last night (I was young at the time and couldn't remember any of details) and I must say I was shocked reading that the Hawks could not get members, sponsers etc etc. Massive turnaround from the Hawks and a congratulations is definatly in order (ouch that was painful to write).

Good on ya Rodney. :thumbsu: The members defiantly said NO! & bought memberships. Hawthorn became the team with the highest memberships the following season.

What our success currently shows is that when supporters/barrackers have faith in those leading the club, they will support the club all the way to the bank. The key is to now continue to always have the best people leading the club to ensure we stay at the top on & off the field.

Just like when your club was going to go back to back this year, yeah?

Yeah, of course you're in prime position and have a head start without the season even starting yet. :thumbsu:

How do we have a head start.?

At least our flag isn't tainted by a criminal umpiring decision & banned doping substances.:thumbsdown:

I'd take the model that garners sustained success across a 50 year period rather than 2 'flash in the pan' premierships in an otherwise baron 50 year period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back