Congratulations Hawthorn!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorn were on the way out and they stabilised so well done. Profit is less critical than total turnover as a mark of success.

Just how many Collingwood nuffies are going to pwn themselves about this.

Hawthorn do not offer pet memberships, however go check out Collingwood because they do. :thumbsu:

...er we offer pet memberships so people can distinguish between pets and humans (pets have more teeth generally): that way we don't artificially inflate our membership like certain eastern suburbs clubs used to do.

Its lovely Hawthorn finally has more bipeds than quadrupeds in the crowd (although go easy on the Tasmanian thing or you'll be back to square one).

Its a funny thing, buying pets season tickets: I am suspicious of the practice, but I did once get a GF seat thanks to a Magpie supporting terrier called Duffy (he couldn't go, his arthritis was paying up something fierce: also I suspect he gave us no hope vs the Lions....not such a silly dog...).

Hilarious...counting VFA premierships, the desperation is quite amusing. :) :thumbsu:

Was the country's top football competition, Geelong were the best of the best when they won those flags. What's the difference between those and VFL flags?

Simply put, the only real measure of success for the cats is beating the Hawks in a Grand Final.

Haha, no.

Seriously though, you force me to take this path - Geelong have been top of the table for 3 seasons, returned 2 flags, but still only manage to net a profit of $600k. Fitzroy are still turning over more than this pa.

Geelong are also turning over more than that. You know turnover and profit are different things, right?

Was the country's top football competition, Geelong were the best of the best when they won those flags. What's the difference between those and VFL flags?

They aren't recognised from the VFL or the AFL. Not even your club website recognises them. LOL Geepong fans years of failure and your trying to count something not even in the 1900s lol :p

They aren't recognised from the VFL or the AFL. Not even your club website recognises them. LOL Geepong fans years of failure and your trying to count something not even in the 1900s lol :p

Trying to count...? This is not some playground 'my dad is tougher than yours' w***ery. I don't care how many premierships your chosen club may have won compared to mine, the outcomes of seasons played before I was born are of minor significance to me.

I would rather support Fremantle and have no limbs or sensory organs than support Hawthorn and be you.

Just how many Collingwood nuffies are going to pwn themselves about this.

Hawthorn do not offer pet memberships, however go check out Collingwood because they do. :thumbsu:

This is quite funny, every club has "pets", "dead relatives", "babies" etc on their membership list, THAT IS A FACT.

To say Hawthorn does not have Pets on their membership list is either a stupid comment or a plain lie.

I'll go with the latter seeing a Hawthorn supporter is making the case here.

As for why Hawthorn have more members then anyone else, it's an easy explanation, TASMANIA.

Hawthorn were smart enough to find another market outside of Victoria to add to their membership, and it worked, they have to be given credit for that.

If we sold Pet memberships, we would possibly crack the 80k membership mark. It's not a bad idea & perhaps our board should follow collingwood's lead on this.

I truly believe we will be the first club to crack the 60k membership mark as well. This will happen before 2012. We know have 2 monopoly markets in the Tasman. While other Victorian clubs struggle to gain sponsorship, the nation of New Zealand could well be our next major sponsor. We are settling in for a new decade of prosperity here at Hawthorn & commending the club on their efforts is what this is about.:thumbsu:

Great effort but lets focus on the thing that matters most: winning flags. The rest will take care of itself.

The players and coaching staff should be stinging and raring to go in 2010. I'm expecting us to recapture the hunger of '08:thumbsu:

Good effort by the Hawks but the melbourne takeover in 96 would have been the scam of the century had they pulled it off.

Just because they got a certain top 6 accounting firm (who now number 4 in total so they are obviously 'experts' in business)
to say the hawks' situation was untenable doesnt make it so.

Certain administrators (who makes Andy D look like a genius) were pig headedly following a merger mantra which is now thorughtly discredited.

Lets not forget we were railroaded and it should never have got to that

Trying to count...? This is not some playground 'my dad is tougher than yours' w***ery. I don't care how many premierships your chosen club may have won compared to mine, the outcomes of seasons played before I was born are of minor significance to me.

I would rather support Fremantle and have no limbs or sensory organs than support Hawthorn and be you.

The spoken words of a true loser

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being born in Tasmania by chance is clearly inferior as a nuff nuff pedigree to barracking for Collingwood by choice.

Or living in Emerald for that matter. Actually, Emerald and Tassie are almost one in the same. Do you have to pedal hard to get your modem running, or have you got one of those new fandangle dialup creations? :D

Once again, jokes.

Congratulations Hawthorn Supporters! Biggest band wagon supporters around. We all know most of you jumped on the wagon from the success in the 80's. I remember it at school. When questioned just say you barrack for the top team ie Hawthorn. Check Hawthorn crowds in the late 70's and early 80's. Less than South Melbourne some years.
Finally in 2008 after waiting 17 years you could all remember why you barracked for Hawthorn.

so what about all those people who were born in the 90's who support hawthorn and have during the crap times? i became a hawk at the age of 3, in 1993, clearly they were successful eh? my parents stopped buying me a membership in 2000, in 2006 (before hawthorn had any success in my time) i purchased my own membership.

I have seen plenty of members with membership scarfs that have between 3 and 15 years on it, now, i know you unevolved mind may find it difficult to comprehend, but im fairly sure that is during the very tough times for hawthorn.... oh wait, thats the bandwagon isnt it.

Tell me, what was Geelongs membership figure before 2007? what is it now?

Just imagine what could have been if Hawthorn used some of the $2million profit on injury management.

Profit does not equal success.
so 2008 isnt considered a success then according to you. He was talking about over a period of time how the club has developed into a powerful club not just this yr, any reasonable supporter would acknowledge our achievements.

Threads like these remind me of how awesome it is to follow a club like Geelong.

Unlike the 'tassie' hawks we have not sold any of our home games interstate for a buck.
We make a fortune off our KP games and have been easily the most successful victorian club of the last decade. Good times :thumbsu:
Here for good in VICTORIA not tassie ;)

A couple of things to think about:

Firstly If the Hawks didn't sell off home games to Tassie, how much would their profit decrease by?

Secondly, I've noticed that the Hawks don't seperate ticketed members from non ticketed members and just have the one total tally. I know the Tigers do and from memory Richmond last year had 36-37k ticketed members(people who can attend games) and another 7-8k non ticketed members(these are memberships for people who can't attend games/pet memberships). If you add those totals together you get around 43-45k members in total. Perhaps we should just start adding our memberships totals together then we can claim to be a successful club.

Because of this, I wonder just how many of the Hawks total membership is made up of those who can't attend games and pets that are added to family memberships and please don't try and claim that no Hawk family has signed up Fido or Fluffy as members, to do so just shows how naive you Hawks fans are.

However, full credit to the Hawks they have done whatever they had to do to survive.

Threads like these remind me of how awesome it is to follow a club like Geelong.

Unlike the 'tassie' hawks we have not sold any of our home games interstate for a buck.
We make a fortune off our KP games and have been easily the most successful victorian club of the last decade. Good times :thumbsu:
Here for good in VICTORIA not tassie ;)

Home games against Hawthorn, Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton suggest otherwise

A couple of things to think about:

Firstly If the Hawks didn't sell off home games to Tassie, how much would their profit decrease by?

$3m for 4 games and a Major Sponsorship agreement

St Kilda were getting 700-800,000 for 2 games down there a season in the mid 2000's and given their 40,000 average in Melbourne supposedly couldn't justify playing the games down there

Hawthorn play 4 games down there and draw 50,000+ to home games in Melbourne

Secondly, I've noticed that the Hawks don't seperate ticketed members from non ticketed members and just have the one total tally. I know the Tigers do and from memory Richmond last year had 36-37k ticketed members(people who can attend games) and another 7-8k non ticketed members(these are memberships for people who can't attend games/pet memberships). If you add those totals together you get around 43-45k members in total. Perhaps we should just start adding our memberships totals together then we can claim to be a successful club.

Actually we do

We had 2000 MCC Supporter and 1 game Tasmanian members last year that weren't counted in the tally

Unlike most clubs we don't offer pet memberships

Because of this, I wonder just how many of the Hawks total membership is made up of those who can't attend games and pets that are added to family memberships and please don't try and claim that no Hawk family has signed up Fido or Fluffy as members, to do so just shows how naive you Hawks fans are.

However, full credit to the Hawks they have done whatever they had to do to survive.

Not our problem

Its not our fault most of our supporters can supposedly fork out more for memberships and hence can actually afford to become better supporters than other clubs

Hawthorn supporters are hands down the best supporters in the league.

The fact that we've already got 21,066 members signed up already for next year despite only having the membership on the market for less than a month only supports that statement further

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back