Congratulations Hawthorn!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tasmania have made it quite obvious that their goal is to have they own team, they're not doing the Hawthorn sponsorship deals because they like them, they are using Hawthorn so they can get a foot in the door.
If they get their own team, they will simply say to Hawthorn "sorry mate, we got our own team to take care of now, nice knowing ya".
If they don't get their own team, they will start putting the screws into Hawthorn to relocate.
When will Hawthorn realise that they are just being used.
That's the sort of analysis I'd expect from an 18yr old.

If they do say 'nice knowing you' we'll find a new sponsor, having used the Tasmanian era as a chance to push the call for their own team forward and also gaining greater financial security for our club.

As one of better equipped Melbounre based clubs Hawthorn will not relocate.

What a terrible idea for a main board thread
Mainly because the trolls out-number the creditable.
It was always going to get messy.

Great article in the Australian today about our move into New Zealand market and what it means for both us and Football in general.

lol, says the Collingwood supporter from Boronia quote]

Boronia is a big suburb mate and some areas are quite affluent. Besides, I've moved.

At least Boronia doesn't need a compass point to differentiate it from another suburb.

Mainly because the trolls out-number the creditable.
It was always going to get messy.

Great article in the Australian today about our move into New Zealand market and what it means for both us and Football in general.

So Francis Armani posts some chest-beating on the main board and you expect not to be trolled?

The majority of the BF community couldn't give two tosses if you had 100,000 members (which is possible if you do a head-count of your Tasmanian members).

Before you retort with the generic "if you don't care why are you posting here?" the only reason I commented intially is because you lot are so overtly arrogant that it warranted comment. You blokes really need to pull your heads in and accept the football world doesn't revolve around a 9th placed team.

How many Tassie 3 and 4 game members are included in this membership figure?

If an actual big player like Carlton or Essendon played 3 games in Darwin for example, and counted 3 or 4 game memberships in their overall tally, how many do you think they'd have?
And how much would it cost for a kid's membership to get into 3 games anyway? $12???

They have bigger crowds than Hawthorn every single year, so I guess that's probably a fair indication of how big the clubs are.....

It's spelled "effluent", mate.

And get your TAFE teacher to show you how to use the quote function. :thumbsu:

If an individual or community are generously supplied with money or possessions then they are affluent. Effluent is an outflow from a sewerage system.

Your either unaware of this etymological difference, or you are making a lame pun on Boronia's socio-economic status. Either way, YAWN.

By the way, whats with the American-English "spelled" over the English "spelt"?

If an individual or community are generously supplied with money or possessions then they are affluent. Effluent is an outflow from a sewerage system.

Your either unaware of this etymological difference, or you are making a lame pun on Boronia's socio-economic status. Either way, YAWN.

Touche!

Effluent is what comes out his mouth.

Is it that hard to give credit where its due people?

Well done Hawthorn.:thumbsu:

Well said.

We'll still smash them next year but for now we can be generous. ;)

Seriously some outside the square thinking from Hawthorn. Other clubs will look to do what Hawthorn has with international programs in the Pacific Isles, the Hawks have the head start by far with the biggest in NZ.

No kidding?:rolleyes:

Now you're getting it.

Who cares? Both are acceptable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I accidently mis-quoted. If resorting to such bone-picking is all you have, you are losing the plot.

Nit-picking?

Anyway, you were the one stereotyping Tassie residents. I just pointed out that maybe the same could apply to you, given you're a Collingwood-supporting, Boronia resident who has trouble using a computer.

Nit-picking?

Anyway, you were the one stereotyping Tassie residents. I just pointed out that maybe the same could apply to you, given you're a Collingwood-supporting, Boronia resident who has trouble using a computer.

Bone-picking. Nit-picking. Who cares, they are both acceptable.

What a grandiose comment to make in light of your avatar that highlights a player having his face busted and nearly losing his sight. Classy.

*crickets*

If you honestly think Hawthorn are any chance of relocation, when they have the size membership they do, state of the art facilities and are being ran better than almost any club in AFL, where do you think Collingwood will end up?:rolleyes:

Collisions are inevitable in our contact sport. Buddy on Cousins the week before could have ended the same way. I think you should stop the tears galon and accept the past.

So Hawkers, no answer???
You keep banging on about this membership figure but for all we know 15,000 are Tassie 3 or 4 game memberships...without clarifying there's no point even mentioning your 50K members...

How many Tassie 3 and 4 game members are included in this membership figure?

If an actual big player like Carlton or Essendon played 3 games in Darwin for example, and counted 3 or 4 game memberships in their overall tally, how many do you think they'd have?
And how much would it cost for a kid's membership to get into 3 games anyway? $12???

They have bigger crowds than Hawthorn every single year, so I guess that's probably a fair indication of how big the clubs are.....

Oh dear. Crowds. You can use avg. attendance to attain how well a club is supported when you have an equal fixture. We don't, so how can you use such metrics as a basis to measure supporter base ?

Tasmanian memberships, I believe the figure is approx. 7,000. Take that away from our 52,500 members, that's still larger than any other Victorian team ...

five2Fifty. People laughed but we're already 2/3rds of the way there. Well done Hawthorn, showing true leadership!

So Hawkers, no answer???
You keep banging on about this membership figure but for all we know 15,000 are Tassie 3 or 4 game memberships...without clarifying there's no point even mentioning your 50K members...
Hawthorn have about 7000 Tasmanian members. These memberships contain 4 games. About 4k of these are reserve seat memberships. Of those 1000 pay well over $300 dollars a year, the other pay between $150 and $120.

To be honest it has been done to death. We have about 46,000 non-Tasmanian members. I really don't understand why some groups of supporters are so insecure about the rise of Hawthorn.

So Hawkers, no answer???

Actually, it was about 8000 Tassie members IIRC. Not a bad effort considering that North only had 2000 Canberra members after several years of playing home games there.

ALL clubs have country memberships of only 3 or 4 games, so your point is irrelevant.

Next.

So Francis Armani posts some chest-beating on the main board and you expect not to be trolled?

The majority of the BF community couldn't give two tosses if you had 100,000 members (which is possible if you do a head-count of your Tasmanian members).

Before you retort with the generic "if you don't care why are you posting here?" the only reason I commented intially is because you lot are so overtly arrogant that it warranted comment. You blokes really need to pull your heads in and accept the football world doesn't revolve around a 9th placed team.
For starters, you need to pull your head in if you think that Hawthorns achievements off-field should be discounted because of our 2009.
Secondly, if you'd been around long enough you'd realise that the main board of BF was once a place where football discussion could actually take place without the moron factor ruining every single thread.

But that's where you're right, the majority of Bigfooty, couldn't give a toss if Hawthorn had 100,000 members, because now the majority of Bigfooty is the outspoken moron factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back