List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ash is only 22 and not a FA? Agree there will be a heap of GWS players who we could make a play for with more cash in the coming years.
Sorry mate....Getting him confused with Isaac Cumming.

Oleg Markov another.

Thinking laterally, we could go Stengle and play Ryan in that role too.

Always options.

Any FAs who might want to come to WA that you have in mind?
Spot on. We never hear ‘who might want to come to Vic’. It’s a problem both WA teams need to address with the AFL (not to mention travel).

Melbourne based players have 9 other teams to choose from. Plus, maybe not even have to change homes, shift kids’ schools etc. Also they can maintain F2F contact with friends and family.

And moving to Adelaide or Sydney gives yet another four options all while still driving distance (or a short flight) to Melbourne.

If there is too be fairness in a national competition, especially in a country as big as Australia, then some teams will need to operate under slightly different rules - as occurs now (academies, COLA, PPs etc).

So it is time to start raising the disadvantage of loooong distance travel. Of course it would be howled down by the partisan Melbourne media. Yet, hypocritically, they can suggest a team’s apparent lethargy might be due to travelling to WA for the previous game. Etc etc

End rant. 😀

Would that shake Logan loose? Whatever they sell Logan for would go some way to paying for JUH
Club and player both want to him to be a bulldog so I think they get the deal done in the end. I think the Swans will make them pay through the nose though. Same with Swans but I think Logan’s contract will be more reflective of his output. If you compare their stats they actually should be paid roughly the same based on performance alone.
1712992454279.jpeg

Logan I don’t see it and I think Amartey is heir apparent if no one else comes through for Sydney.

Looking through the wider comp JUH, King brothers, Curnrow, Larkey, OA arguably Hogan is showing the promise he was once hyped for too.

It is pretty exciting to see who will make the claim as the number 1 and how long Charlie will have it for the moment.

Club and player both want to him to be a bulldog so I think they get the deal done in the end. I think the Swans will make them pay through the nose though. Same with Swans but I think Logan’s contract will be more reflective of his output. If you compare their stats they actually should be paid roughly the same based on performance alone.
View attachment 1958281
I would have assume JUH is comfortably ahead….my perception seems to be well off.

I would have assume JUH is comfortably ahead….my perception seems to be well off.
Just about everyone assumes this, plus LMac had guys kicking the ball to buddy just about every time. On POTENTIAL JUH undoubtedly has the higher ceiling, but on performance Logan and JUH should be on similar contracts. Very enjoyable to point out to some Freo supporters every time they say one of their 1R picks will be enough for LMac yet JUH should be on a multi million dollar contract.

My original post says IF we got a king’s ransom in reference to splitting the pick. Last year’s draft had Harley and you’re well aware that both your and my strong position on that was consistent the whole way through. This year at this early stage my opinion is that we will be more inclined to split, it’s just an opinion. It also doesn’t mean that will be my position come draft time and I certainly don’t think that the bargaining position of the eagles will change because of my posts. Of course Clarke, Massey and co. will again be singing how it would take an extraordinary offer for us to part with it, that’s bargaining 101.
Fair enough, I think I've just got lingering PTSD from last year when every campaigner and their dog was saying to split the whole way through

Lot of discussion on our board that Tunstill is going past Dev.

Both play VFL tomorrow. Will probably see a West Australian midfield for us, with Reece Torrent also playing inside mid. He’s grown a bit a looks a solid unit already.
Send the 3 of them home or we'll bid on Ashcroft at pick 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough, I think I've just got lingering PTSD from last year when every campaigner and their dog was saying to split the whole way through
It was f**ked. Even draft night was stressful, wouldn’t be surprised if we’ve all got a bit of PTSD. I’m sure Clarke and the boys will weigh it all up, just thank f**k they made the correct decision last year. Not sure how I’d handle Harley running around putting blokes on their arse in a different strip.

That is his plan. Dev knows exactly where he sits in the pecking order. He also knows Lions are contending and came up a kick short last year.

And people say he's stupid to stay and try a win a flag? After 4 rounds?

People didn’t think that after 4 rounds. They thought even after grand final last year.

Heck even his coach was surprised!

It was f**ked. Even draft night was stressful, wouldn’t be surprised if we’ve all got a bit of PTSD. I’m sure Clarke and the boys will weigh it all up, just thank f**k they made the correct decision last year. Not sure how I’d handle Harley running around putting blokes on their arse in a different strip.

To be fair, had we at least got mckercher, it wouldn’t be that bad. Kid will be a very good player. Curtin would be getting a game.

And we never would have known that archer Reid would slide. Had he actually been mid to late first rounder, we would be talking about him all the time.l! Being Pick 30 however, no one cares.

WCE_phil would also be weighing in on how soft A Reid is all the time - it would be fun!

And had we not picked up hall, there would be about 4 threads just about that.

I can’t believe we are missing on all that excitement and simply sleeping well at night thinking about fend offs.

To be fair, had we at least got mckercher, it wouldn’t be that bad. Kid will be a very good player. Curtin would be getting a game.

And we never would have known that archer Reid would slide. Had he actually been mid to late first rounder, we would be talking about him all the time.l! Being Pick 30 however, no one cares.

WCE_phil would also be weighing in on how soft A Reid is all the time - it would be fun!

And had we not picked up hall, there would be about 4 threads just about that.

I can’t believe we are missing on all that excitement and simply sleeping well at night thinking about fend offs.
McKercher will be a player I agree but even if we could have him and Curtin I still would have wanted Harley. We did get lucky with the A Reid slide but I wonder if that’s because other clubs knew that he came booby trapped with a knee ligament sprain…

Yeo will go to Dusty in the middle but geez Simmo just give us the first centre bounce Harley vs Dusty.

Another excellent performance in what's shaping up to be a big year for Taj Hotton. If this form continues, especially through the Champs season, then he'll have to be firmly in top 10 contention.

Little bit of 91/92 Peter Matera in the way he moves......His ability to slip sideways on a dime.
I know its only 1 game and its only highlights, but I'd prefer to have that sort of player on the list than Jagga

No list spot available currently

Date of the MSD was announced today as May 29 which is just after R11 which is only 6 weeks away

Unless Hewett has a significant and unexpected setback then it’ll likely be too soon to make a decision to put him on the LTI list as they’d still be hoping he’ll recover

It’s also probably too early to push Gaff into an early retirement even though this is almost certainly his last season

So for us to participate in the MSD it would require someone to have a season ending injury in the next 6 weeks
I for one dearly hope we don't see Hewett on the LTI list.

Is JUH that good tho?
I think the team that ends up with him will be paying top dollar and might regret it
He'll be OK but not sure he'll be nearly as good as predicted

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app
He'll be in the best 2 key forwards in the game by 2026.
He's added contested marking to his game this year, which rounds him out as a player.
His value will not have dropped since being drafted. For a slightly framed kpf at his age you couldn't ask for more by this age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back