List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 48 28.4%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 21 12.4%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 16 9.5%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 42 24.9%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
I don't know if he has that competitive streak in him. He might be best suited to an English style role focusing more on running patterns and aerobic capacity, but not really sure that's the kind of ruck I'd want us to champion as our next lead.
Yeah I'm not seeing much to work with.
Not sure I've noticed any qualities that we'll be able to develop into an AFL ruckman.

Lol can you imagine the bagging Cadman would be getting on here if we took him

Now I'm not in anyway writing Cadman off or even bagging him, but so far tonight he's on 3 disposals in a completely dominant display by his team since qtr time

I'm sure some on here will still explain how he's shown alot more than Ginbey so far though

Low possession count but high impact, Bo Allen touched up our WAFL team today.

Could definitely do worse than him if we split.

Chuck him and Yeo down back as our HBFs with some CBAs.
I’ll cop some heat, but believe he looks better the Ginbey. Natural footballer, not quite the same athletic profile, but he’s not a slow inside mid.

I’ll cop some heat, but believe he looks better the Ginbey. Natural footballer, not quite the same athletic profile, but he’s not a slow inside mid.
Evil Look Stare GIF - Evil Look Stare - Discover & Share GIFs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice VFL numbers for possibles
-Carroll
-Alex Davies
-Garcia
-Bloke who can’t be named for Brissy

Also a couple we were linked with at draft time but over looked.
-Beecken
-Archie Roberts

Dev - 35 touches, 8 tackles, 1 goal

Carroll - 32 touches, 1 goal

Garcia - 27 touches, 8 tackles, 2 goals

Not sure how it can be disputed that these guys would be worth getting, especially in exchange for 3rd/4th rounders. The right age profiles too.

They may not be the superstars we need but at this point we don’t even have role players, emerging players or depth players getting these numbers in the WAFL.

Dev - 35 touches, 8 tackles, 1 goal

Carroll - 32 touches, 1 goal

Garcia - 27 touches, 8 tackles, 2 goals

Not sure how it can be disputed that these guys would be worth getting, especially in exchange for 3rd/4th rounders. The right age profiles too.

They may not be the superstars we need but at this point we don’t even have role players, emerging players or depth players getting these numbers in the WAFL.
**** dev he had his chance .

Hall is who we got with the pick we were going to use . Let's give hall the opportunity now

Did Lawson seriously come out and pull a 15D, 8 contested, 3 tackle and 91 ranking points debut game last week? That's pretty impressive.

Chesser is a first round draft pick, in his 3rd season, and has never had a game more than 86 ranking points.

Something has been dodgy with our player development for a long ass time. Sacking some coaches and folding the the Beagles for the old format can't come quick enough for mine.

Ginbey will be an OK player for us. Will be one of those guys who plays 150 games plus as a role player but is never one of the best 8 - 10 players at the club and never challenges for AA extended squads of anything like that. But unfortunately for us, given the state of our list, we need our top 10 picks in this timeframe to be way better than that. We need match winners and guys who will become (in time) top 5 players at the club. So even though the Ginbey selection is a not a bust it kind of feels like one because we needed so much more out of that pick than what we are going to get.

Something has been dodgy with our player development for a long ass time. Sacking some coaches and folding the the Beagles for the old format can't come quick enough for mine.
Cant polish a turd.

We drafted spuds for close to a decade. O'brien should be sent to the gulag.
The fact we fluked Allen is a minor miracle.

Ginbey will be an OK player for us. Will be one of those guys who plays 150 games plus as a role player but is never one of the best 8 - 10 players at the club and never challenges for AA extended squads of anything like that. But unfortunately for us, given the state of our list, we need our top 10 picks in this timeframe to be way better than that. We need match winners and guys who will become (in time) top 5 players at the club. So even though the Ginbey selection is a not a bust it kind of feels like one because we needed so much more out of that pick than what we are going to get.
He does have a great fend-off and burst. He's just so snowed under with a crap midfield around him he has to be the extractor. I expect one we get some more grunt in there we will see that emerge as a weapon. But largely he is what he is as a second stringer in there.

Hardie was saying on the radio WB/Barrass/4yrs is very much alive.
Apparently Ryan not happy at all and a strong chance to go to QLD. (too cold in Melb. Lol)

Love Flyin as much as probably anyone, but he's genuinely probably the best trade bait we have if we're serious

He's a cream on top guy, in a contending team he can push them to win it. Def suits both the Qld teams.

Garcia is an AFL level player if fit and over his injury issues. Would have no issue with the club looking at him.

Carroll is completely one sided with an average kick, slow off the mark but decent top speed, (good overhead mark), has a competitive streak but tbh he's just another one of those guys who will be too good for vfl but not good enough at AFL level. He's never going to be a starting inside mid and outside of that I don't see a spot for him. Does not have 1 elite quality.

Back