List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet Macrae is so terrible he still managed to hand our bunch of blokes a beating with his 3 goals

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He has 5 career goals from 20 games. 3 of them against us. Shows where we are at, not necessarily where he's at.

Fact is he's 22 and a half and managed 20 gmaes in four years (8 of them either as sub or subbed off). If he was good enough he would have played more.

Last edited:
Don't post much (look at my ****en avatar for goodness sake), so please excuse any ignorance of prior discussion about this...

Tim English. There is talk on the various Fox shows about our interest in him.

Why would we be seeking a Tim English, potentially commanding > $800kp.a. when we are rebuilding? If a ruckman has an effect in terms of score involvement, it is found as the cream on the top of an established cake of midfielders who reliably win the ground ball and have defensive and forward structures that can capitalise on such midfield dominance.

Do we really want him at this stage of the rebuild given the expense?

Yes we do if he costs zero draft capital.

Its a no brainer.

One of the very few players that could improve our midfield round 1 next season.

He also shows youngsters like Harley we are actively trying to improve our midfield output and compete harder for longer next season.

A quality ruck makes everyone walk a bit taller. And I expect the usual rep,ies of "English is soft and not that good". But he is a significant upgrade on what we have currently, that is undeniable.

Last edited:

Don't post much (look at my ****en avatar for goodness sake), so please excuse any ignorance of prior discussion about this...

Tim English. There is talk on the various Fox shows about our interest in him.

Why would we be seeking a Tim English, potentially commanding > $800kp.a. when we are rebuilding? If a ruckman has an effect in terms of score involvement, it is found as the cream on the top of an established cake of midfielders who reliably win the ground ball and have defensive and forward structures that can capitalise on such midfield dominance.

Do we really want him at this stage of the rebuild given the expense?
I've come around to Tim english. It's not about Tim english it's about getting rid/delisting the cancer that is bailey Williams whom is halting out development and teaching our players only to read opposing ruck taps.

Its all about ****ing bailey Williams out of here not Tim english

Find this whole conversation dumb in the sense of, why the **** are we giving up an asset to get multiple early picks

This is what asking for compensation is meant to achieve...

Why would the AFL support us becoming a worse team in order to achieve a result they can create themselves. Instead of trading away assets to get early picks, ask the AFL to give it to us for free and watch them do it.

Give him to freo.

Why on earth did we give old mate four years... fourrrrr years. After giving yeo 3. The whole league must see us as suckers
He got 4 years coming off a B&F for the club.
It was reported only a few weeks back that he’s been playing injured for most of the year. He damaged cartilage in his knee which does appear to have limited his impact this season.

Assuming existing ladder positions prevail, Saints and Dogs both get band 1 FA compo and Smith heads to the Cats for pick 15 this is what I’m prepared to accept for Barrass:

Hawks: 9, 30
Dogs: 12, Buss

Happy to contribute salary, BWilliams or Petch if it’s a deal breaker. Some may see this as overs but Barrass playing for us for a further 3 years is still a perfectly acceptable outcome and he is more valuable to us than any deal less than the above.

We would be complete idiots to extend TB for two more years at increased money.

If we do we have not learned anything from our recent list management f ups. Nothing.

Hawks or Dogs have the draft capital and would be great options for TB to see more success.

Deal with Dogs could be part of a non matching agreement for English.

He got 4 years coming off a B&F for the club.
It was reported only a few weeks back that he’s been playing injured for most of the year. He damaged cartilage in his knee which does appear to have limited his impact this season.
I think the 4 years he was referring to is for Duggan’s new contract, not any reference to TK.

These players would help a team be ordinary. It's the fact they have three AA/near AA talent in Daicos x2 and Moore (despite being shit this year), through the f/s. Coupled with staying power of Pendles/Sidey/Howe etc., they players listed above have been able to support the top end they have on the list.

If you don't have the top end, it doesn't matter if you hit some solid picks through the rookie draft/late picks.

Pies have an old list though and the fall off could be painful in the next few years (and its started this year to a degree).
Disagree. Tom Langdon would have come close to winning a norm smith medal had they held on.

McCreery is a super important player for them and someone I’d love to have at the eagles.

Ginnivan just got like 150 champion data points against his old side. Their ability to retain him could be questioned I guess.

The others have shown they can be very good role players at times, and that’s what your team needs. Unfortunately what we lack.

Sure they were gifted Daicos but I don’t see why that should detract from their good drafting late in drafts.

If you took away Daicos and their injuries this year I believe they’d still be a strong team, premiership hangover notwithstanding

Trust me mate that’s the ideal outcome. We don’t need him.
He is a massive upgrade on what you have. There would be TB then daylight to a 33 yo Liam Jones.

If you’re happy being a mid table team then pass on him.

Tired of our club being bent over in trades. PA didn’t want to pay anything for W Rioli. Paid a late 2nd rounder, yet he is a straight up b22 player for them, their best small forward by miles and increases their chances of winning every time he plays.

As regards TB I would rather keep him although it seems he has become a bit of a mercenary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We many think we don’t need Barrass but the club thinks otherwise still think he will stay with the Eagles
No offense but you are playing Rory Lobb in defense.... You clearly need or want a tall defender.

Lobbs been good in that role but he also may just want to up and leave too given how his spot isnt guaranteed week to week. If he wants to leave then targetting Barass makes perfect sense

He is a massive upgrade on what you have. There would be TB then daylight to a 33 yo Liam Jones.

If you’re happy being a mid table team then pass on him.

Tired of our club being bent over in trades. PA didn’t want to pay anything for W Rioli. Paid a late 2nd rounder, yet he is a straight up b22 player for them, their best small forward by miles and increases their chances of winning every time he plays.

As regards TB I would rather keep him although it seems he has become a bit of a mercenary.
Is he a mercenary or does he perceive incredible weakness in our club?

I think its as much option b as it is option a. We are too blame for this one, maybe moreso then Barass.

Assuming existing ladder positions prevail, Saints and Dogs both get band 1 FA compo and Smith heads to the Cats for pick 15 this is what I’m prepared to accept for Barrass:

Happy to contribute salary, BWilliams or Petch if it’s a deal breaker. Some may see this as overs but Barrass playing for us for a further 3 years is still a perfectly acceptable outcome and he is more valuable to us than any deal less than the above.
Not overs probably cheap for a gun contracted player in a position of scarcity.

No offense but you are playing Rory Lobb in defense.... You clearly need or want a tall defender.

Lobbs been good in that role but he also may just want to up and leave too given how his spot isnt guaranteed week to week. If he wants to leave then targetting Barass makes perfect sense

Wether we agree or not, Lobb has been better than Barass in every statistic since moving into defence. Now obviously playing for a contender with better midfield pressure would make a difference, and Barass has been a good defender for longer, but the difference would be very marginal and not worth a first round pick.

Wether we agree or not, Lobb has been better than Barass in every statistic since moving into defence. Now obviously playing for a contender with better midfield pressure would make a difference, and Barass has been a good defender for longer, but the difference would be very marginal and not worth a first round pick.
Kinda agree with that in the marginal aspect but I dont think your club would. Your defense is your weakness and club would want any gain they can get in that spot

Buss aint coming if he signed on. Probably more logical to ask for 2025 2nd rounder in that respect

IF English left and joins you guy’s I can’t see Lobb getting traded. Anyway it sounds like Barrass has a few clubs thats offering a 5 year contract so he has suitors

It sucks but we are rebuilding and frankly we need as many top 30 picks we can get our hands on, if losing Barrass allows for that it's a no brainer.

We shouldn't be romancing the idea that we'll be a finals team again with Barrass in our side, the bandaid needs to be ripped off.

ROFL with your comparison of Rory Lobb and Barrass. Obviously no idea, next you’ll be saying Buku Khamis is a good kpd.

Your defence is so weak it’s not funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back