List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
For quite a few, you are using the term currency in its broadest sence.
Yeah like I meant trade 13 players out. At the moment it's only Barrass, Waterman & Ryan who have trade value or "currency". Richmond have embraced the rebuild and are shopping their talent like Bolton, Rioli and Baker. No reason we can't do the same.

Yeah like I meant trade 13 players out. At the moment it's only Barrass, Waterman & Ryan who have trade value or "currency". Richmond have embraced the rebuild and are shopping their talent like Bolton, Rioli and Baker. No reason we can't do the same.

Richmond arnt shopping those players, Baker and Rioli look like they want to leave, and Bolton seems to want to stay.

Do we really need to delist Sheed? Id like some WAFL leaders for sure

If we talking about delisting contracted players, Callum Jamison is top of that list.

Taller players take longer to develop so no urgency to delist CJ whilst still contracted ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure if posted already but AA u16 team named. Eagles NGA named on the HBF and seems a perfect fit for what we need.

Half Back Flank: Garrison Kenh
Western Australia | 180cm | 19/04/2008

One for West Coast fans to track as a Next Generation Academy (NGA) member, Kenh showcased electric speed and attacking instincts off half-back. The West Australian added substance to his flair with 79 per cent disposal efficiency as he broke the lines and crafted attacks with his left foot. Kenh was also resolute defensively, competing both in the air and at ground level with a solid, powerful frame.

Freos NGA was WA MVP

Kinnear Beatson says this will be a deep draft and that there will be players taken at 60 who could be recruit of the year. Can't see us trading out anyone who doesn't want to be traded so Barrass and Ryan won't be going anywhere.

Impressive, love his composure in tight.

Yep. I get the concerns over his size and consistency of footskills, but watching his comfort in the contest and ability to play with pressure I can't help but imagine Harley and Smith working really really well together. Feels like a long time since we've had players that readily absorb heat and enable their surrounding teamates to receive in pro-active positions, feels like we've just been dishing immediate hands to flat-footed players for 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. I get the concerns over his size and consistency of footskills, but watching his comfort in the contest and ability to play with pressure I can't help but imagine Harley and Smith working really really well together. Feels like a long time since we've had players that readily absorb heat and enable their surrounding teamates to receive in pro-active positions, feels like we've just been dishing immediate hands to flat-footed players for 5 years.
They're also mates, so that would help.

Also mentions how he doesn't think overpaying for a ruckman is a smart idea
Well we need to pay someone next season and if barrass goes aswell we won't have a chance of hitting the 95 % cap requirements.

Front load a couple of free agents eg English and one of perryman/cummings would be a good move .

Not sure if posted already but AA u16 team named. Eagles NGA named on the HBF and seems a perfect fit for what we need.

Half Back Flank: Garrison Kenh
Western Australia | 180cm | 19/04/2008

One for West Coast fans to track as a Next Generation Academy (NGA) member, Kenh showcased electric speed and attacking instincts off half-back. The West Australian added substance to his flair with 79 per cent disposal efficiency as he broke the lines and crafted attacks with his left foot. Kenh was also resolute defensively, competing both in the air and at ground level with a solid, powerful frame.

Freos NGA was WA MVP

We need a lot. Worry about what this guy can offer in 2 years.
There will be 20 new players between now and then.

Well we need to pay someone next season and if barrass goes aswell we won't have a chance of hitting the 95 % cap requirements.

Front load a couple of free agents eg English and one of perryman/cummings would be a good move .
Cumming is out for the season with another soft tissue injury. Could offer him a good band 2 contract and look like complete idiots or geniuses
Given that’s likely to put some suitors off.

Subject to thorough medial assessment I’m keen to roll the dice.

Something that I don't think has been mentioned should we trade Barrass, The Judd Father/Son situation
  1. Tommy is traded to Melbourne
  2. Plays 100+ games for the dogs/hawks/pies
  3. Stays in Melbourne at end of footy career due to career opportunities and happiness of staying in Melbourne/kids established at school
  4. Billy and Benson essentially grow up Victorians
  5. Billy and Benson are both good enough (or great) juniors to be picked up in the draft.
  6. Both choose the Victorian club their father played for as friends/family are all in Victoria
Note:
Looks like Oscar Judd has some talent as a cricketer (in the Vic Pathways programs) rather then a footy player so may not have to choose.
The twins are playing footy, unsure of their talent level

Note: I realise Tom's kids could have no interest in footy, and/or talent, but a backline of Hudson McGovern, Billy and Benson Barrass, along with Ollie Shuey, Max and Leo Darling, Nash Schofield, Tex Masten, Rex and Billy LeCras, Reif and Lance Cripps would be nice to have if they all have the talent to make it!
TB is nearly 29 and just chalking up 150 games this week. He’s not chalking up another 100 games especially with a bad back

Cumming is out for the season with another soft tissue injury. Could offer him a good band 2 contract and look like complete idiots or geniuses
Given that’s likely to put some suitors off.

Subject to thorough medial assessment I’m keen to roll the dice.
id roll the dice regardless, half a season from him is better than a full season from a lot of our players.

TB is nearly 29 and just chalking up 150 games this week. He’s not chalking up another 100 games especially with a bad back
Regardless of his back, but he would have to play 6 more seasons probably to get to 100 games at another club. Thats a long shot for any player

Barrass for 5 seasons is 115 H&A games plus any finals

Travelling 6-8 times a year instead of 11 will also help his durability

He’s never played 20 games in a single season although he might get there this year (has played 17 so far). He also played every game (18) in the shortened 2020 season

Would have to average 20 games a season to reach 100 at a new club or play for a 6th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back