List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Point is Barrass is worth more than two shit picks more likely than not to be busts.
With the strength of this draft being its depth I think we're going to get someone worthwhile.
Look I'm hoping hawks lose the rest of their games but if they don't it's not the end of the world

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

With the strength of this draft being its depth I think we're going to get someone worthwhile.
Look I'm hoping hawks lose the rest of their games but if they don't it's not the end of the world

I reckon try and get their first rounder next year because there'll be a point either this season or next that someone will find them out. And when they get found out they'll lose more of their games and they'll come back to the pack and hopefully back far enough that it's another top 6 or 7 pick.

We ain't gonna get 'fair' value back for Barrass so whatever will be will be on that front.

I reckon try and get their first rounder next year because there'll be a point either this season or next that someone will find them out. And when they get found out they'll lose more of their games and they'll come back to the pack and hopefully back far enough that it's another top 6 or 7 pick.

We ain't gonna get 'fair' value back for Barrass so whatever will be will be on that front.
Yeah if we get next years first on top of this year's it's enough.
There's hits and misses in every draft regardless of where you're drafting.

Ryan Daniels

@FootyRhino
·
49s

The Tom Barrass offer from
@HawthornFC
is for 4 years, not 5.Barrass is weighing up his future, but growing expectation is he'll request a trade to the Hawks in coming weeks.

If we could turn Barrass into say pick 7, Hawks future 1st & Baker would people be happy with that?

Could see a mega trade happening between Richmond, Freo, GC, Hawks & us.

Freo Get - Bolton
Freo Give - Pick 7 + Pick 12 + Pick 16

Eagles Get - Pick 7 + F1 + Baker, 3R
Eagles Give - Barrass, F2

Hawks Get - Barrass
Hawks Give - 12, F1

Richmond Get - 12, 13, Pick 6, WCE F2
Richmond Give - Bolton, Rioli, Baker, 3R

GC Get - Rioli + Pick 16
GC Give - Pick 6

This is just something I thought might roughly work. The actual picks currently aren’t 100% accurate but it could look something like this.

Last edited:
ROYAL EAGLE and Monocle - knowing you two see a fair bit of colts so looking for your input for NGA and FS prospects for next year

• Charlie Banfield (Claremont 188 cm and 77 kg) I see as an outside mid/wing or half back who has good pace and good kicking skills. His endurance is pretty good for a 17 year old
  • Wes Walley (Subiaco 181 cm and 73 kg) I see as a small forward who might also be able to play the high half forward if he can build a tank
  • Koby Evans (Perth 187 cm and 82 kg) I see as a medium forward but I have not seen much of Perth colts this year. Is he our Cripps replacement?

Do you have any insights and thoughts on these prospects?

I am not seeing any of them jumping up to the first round but 12 months is a long time in development. All looking to have shown enough AFL traits to be draftable, and I have 2 of them as R2 projections.

I am thinking because of these prospects next year, we should stick to a range of midfielders and a KPD this year as we also get Champion as a crafty forward in 2024.

If we could turn Barrass into say pick 7, Hawks future 1st & Baker would people be happy with that?

Freo Get - Bolton
Freo Give - Pick 7 + Pick 13 + Pick 18

Hawks Get - Barrass
Hawks Give - 12, F1

GC Get - Rioli + Pick 18
GC Give - Pick 6

This is just something I thought might roughly work. The actual picks currently aren’t 100% accurate but it could look something like this.

Way too much in our favour. Give Baker to Freo in this scenario and it's closer.

But the Hawks were willing to give this year's and next year's firsts for Barrass noone else needs to be involved

Freo Get - Bolton

Hawks Get - Barrass
Hawks Give - 12, F1

GC Get - Rioli + Pick 16
GC Give - Pick 6

You really don't like Freo do you!!!

Freo Get - Bolton

Ouch!!!! Even for the Blue side of town, that is a bit steep. If you added Baker to Bolton, I would expect Freo would want something like a late R2 back.

Way too much in our favour. Give Baker to Freo in this scenario and it's closer.

But the Hawks were willing to give this year's and next year's firsts for Barrass noone else needs to be involved

Looking again I agree that it’s better balanced with Baker to Fremantle. The problem with just dealing with Hawks is there first this year is gonna end up around pick 12 & I’d want something lower than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo Get - Bolton

Ouch!!!! Even for the Blue side of town, that is a bit steep. If you added Baker to Bolton, I would expect Freo would want something like a late R2 back.
Richmond are very reluctant to trade Bolton and I’m still hearing Freo is Baker’s most likely destination.

If the tigers do end up giving in on Bolton they’ll want to do a deal separate to Baker even though that seems ridiculous if they are both going to the same club.

Yeah, two picks in the teens would probably be enough, with maybe a swap of later picks, given the depth of this draft and the allegedly strong WA cohort next year. Or we could just get them to shop those two picks around for a higher pick or add a player. Plenty of workarounds.

West coast have to agree to the deal.

We need to be like geelong in the kelly deal..where it has to be favourable to us to do the trade. I.e the hawks need to pay slight overs.
In other words, keep moving the goalposts?

Us - we want 1st and F1 and will give back F3.
Hawks - OK.
Us, no, changed our minds. We want 1st and F1 with nothing going back.
Hawks - OK
Us - No deal. We now want 1st, F1, and a B22 player with nothing going back.

Richmond are very reluctant to trade Bolton and I’m still hearing Freo is Baker’s most likely destination.

If the tigers do end up giving in on Bolton they’ll want to do a deal separate to Baker even though that seems ridiculous if they are both going to the same club.
I agree that they are separate transactions. Baker is highly likely to leave while Bolton is up in the air. You would think with Rioli and Bolton - one in, both in for a trade request.

My post was responding to what I though was a complete screw over of Fremantle. I added Baker to show what a fairer trade would be like.

In other words, keep moving the goalposts?

Us - we want 1st and F1 and will give back F3.
Hawks - OK.
Us, no, changed our minds. We want 1st and F1 with nothing going back.
Hawks - OK
Us - No deal. We now want 1st, F1, and a B22 player with nothing going back.
I wonder how many first rounders Chris Scott would think TB is worth...

Freo Get - Bolton

I really don’t haha. Love the misso but her family is hard Freo & they are related to Freo’s first coach so that’s done nothing to improve how I feel about them. Always like to bring up how he got rid of McLeod & Bell which doesn’t go down well.

I actually agree that Baker to Freo makes it better balanced. Not sure about them getting anything back as Bolton is a contracted player & a bloody gun so they should be paying that much for him.

End of last year Hurn (186cm) played on Larkey(198cm) and beat him comfortably.

Height can definitely be managed with skill, but probably need a McGovern type floating around to chop off leads, no way to stop those when giving up that much height

Agreed. We need one monster KPD who can slap meat with a 200cm gorilla full forward, but I reckon Hedwards can fill that role and a well-drilled backline built around Hough, Ginbey, and Bazzo would be talented enough to compensate for a lack of height.

Surely they'd want to spread that across multiple drafts?
Nah they are going full norf and fire sale anyone of value and just have a bunch of high pick kids running around with no leadership.

Toranto and hopper must be fuming to be sold a vision of another tilt then getting the rug pulled from under them after hardwick bailed for greener pastures

I reckon there's more of a chance they finish even higher next year TBH.

I really don’t haha. Love the misso but her family is hard Freo & they are related to Freo’s first coach so that’s done nothing to improve how I feel about them. Always like to bring up how he got rid of McLeod & Bell which doesn’t go down well.

I actually agree that Baker to Freo makes it better balanced. Not sure about them getting anything back as Bolton is a contracted player & a bloody gun so they should be paying that much for him.
Ah - the misso is a Nesham. Explains a lot. Now that is a family that do not know how to play fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back