List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon we trade our f2 for judd mcvee he is the age profile we need he is young also from wa.
View attachment 2079459
Would love this.

Future back line becomes:
Hough Hedwards McVee
Ginbey Gerryn/Barratt Travaglia

Future forward line:
Hutchinson waterman Long
Jilliams Allen Dewar/champion

We pick the eyes out of the top end mids with our first pick over the next 2-3 years then top up with FA/trades

I think we likely just miss out with travaglia with the Barrass pick which is fine id then just take Lindsay set and forget in a wing role and take Oliver with our second rounder if moraes isn’t available.

Floored to find out Ruscoe is as tall as 193cm.

Wouldn’t be particularly keen on either playing meaningful KPD minutes at AFL level. Surely better mature aged depth options out there.

Clurey but 198cm would be perfect as a fourth or fifth in line, everyone else is injured option. But 193cm concerns me.
Same height as rotham who can't play key defence at all .

People are built different. Brander was 196cms but had a pea heart .

Dan Curtin seems the same .

Lobb doesn't like being in the ruck even though he is 206 cms

I think he will be.

I suspect Adelaide will trade with North to get Draper or North take Draper. Wouldn't be shocked if they are looking at Armstrong if they trade back.
Why would norf trade pick 2 . Not for trainor surely.

They are stacked with young KPDs and logue , corr as older heads

You go mock top 20 for us?
This is my pre combine top 30 standings.
Alot different to others you'll see but that just shows how even the draft is.
1. Finn O'Sullivan 181cm mid
2. Levi Ashcroft 179cm Mid
3. Jagga Smith 181cm Mid
4. Murphy Reid 181cm Mid
5. Luke Trainor 194cm Def
6. Leonardo Lombard 178cm Mid
7. Sid Draper 180cm mid
8. Tobie Travaglia 187cm Util
9. Josh Smillie 194cm Mid
10. Sam Lalor 187cm Mid/fwd
11. Harvey Langford 190cm Fwd/Mid
12. Xavier Lindsay 183cm Mid
13. Christian Moraes 182cm Mid
14. Bo Allan 188cm Def/Mid
15. Isaac Kako 175cm Fwd
16. Alex Dodson 203cm Ruck
17. Joe Berry 180cm Fwd
18. Taj Hotton 182cm Mid
19. Jobe Shanahan 194cm Fwd
20. Harry Armstrong 195cm fwd
21. Matt Whitlock 199cm Util
22. Cooper Hynes 190cm Mid/Fwd
23. Ben Camporeale 184cm Mid
24. Jack Whitlock 200cm Fwd
25. Harry O'Farrell 196cm Def
26. Luke Urquhart 183m Fwd
27. Samual Marshall 185cm Mid
28. Noah Mraz 197cm Def
29. Tyler Welsh 191cm Fwd
30. Jonty Faull 194cm Fwd

Can I just say great trade by the WCE Bigfooty mods. Trading out Brizkent early today for Majorisin has been an excellent outcome.

The random mansplainer of all things footy, whether we want it or not, for someone with intell they are happy to keep to themselves, inspired upgrade. What else did we have to give up, did you delete Dark Sharks’ account again?

Now lock the board before Briz tries to get back in.

Suck It Schitts Creek GIF by CBC
I like old Brizz.comes from a different perspective and knows a fair bit about prospective draftees and different rules

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why would norf trade pick 2 . Not for trainor surely.

They are stacked with young KPDs and logue , corr as older heads

Suppose if it means they only move two spots and get a nice return they see no risk in doing so.

Out of the picks in front of Adelaide I see the North one as the most gettable.

This is my pre combine top 30 standings.
Alot different to others you'll see but that just shows how even the draft is.
1. Finn O'Sullivan 181cm mid
2. Levi Ashcroft 179cm Mid
3. Jagga Smith 181cm Mid
4. Murphy Reid 181cm Mid
5. Luke Trainor 194cm Def
6. Leonardo Lombard 178cm Mid
7. Sid Draper 180cm mid
8. Tobie Travaglia 187cm Util
9. Josh Smillie 194cm Mid
10. Sam Lalor 187cm Mid/fwd
11. Harvey Langford 190cm Fwd/Mid
12. Xavier Lindsay 183cm Mid
13. Christian Moraes 182cm Mid
14. Bo Allan 188cm Def/Mid
15. Isaac Kako 175cm Fwd
16. Alex Dodson 203cm Ruck
17. Joe Berry 180cm Fwd
18. Taj Hotton 182cm Mid
19. Jobe Shanahan 194cm Fwd
20. Harry Armstrong 195cm fwd
21. Matt Whitlock 199cm Util
22. Cooper Hynes 190cm Mid/Fwd
23. Ben Camporeale 184cm Mid
24. Jack Whitlock 200cm Fwd
25. Harry O'Farrell 196cm Def
26. Luke Urquhart 183m Fwd
27. Samual Marshall 185cm Mid
28. Noah Mraz 197cm Def
29. Tyler Welsh 191cm Fwd
30. Jonty Faull 194cm Fwd
Interesting - any reason you have Draper and Langford where you have them? I thought they’d be a little higher.

I think you'd be able to get him in the 40s or 50s, he isnt getting much love outside of Perth.
Has been killing in the colts and looked really good in the carnival .

Our picks between 30 and 50 will be wiped out by a champion bid so its early or not at all .

That pick 23 will end up about 30 probably

I think he will be.

I suspect Adelaide will trade with North to get Draper or North take Draper. Wouldn't be shocked if they are looking at Armstrong if they trade back.
If Richmond and Norf have the two first picks I would be shocked if it was anyone else other than FOS and Smith going at 1 and 2 (disregarding an Ashcroft bid). But yes I can also see Adelaide trading with Norf and getting in front of us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Richmond and Norf have the two first picks I would be shocked if it was anyone else other than FOS and Smith going at 1 and 2 (disregarding an Ashcroft bid). But yes I can also see Adelaide trading with Norf and getting in front of us.

Adelaide can temp with the second pick as well as they have the f/s likely to go around 30 anyway.

Suppose if it means they only move two spots and get a nice return they see no risk in doing so.

Out of the picks in front of Adelaide I see the North one as the most gettable.
I feel with Adelaide wanting lukosious and now neale-bullen it will be hard to keep their first .

I feel that GC will want to get in front of a Lombard bid even if it means they swap lukosious + bulldogs first for pick 4 .

Then GC can trade 8 + 20 for rioli and late picks to match Lombard.

I feel with Adelaide wanting lukosious and now neale-bullen it will be hard to keep their first .

I feel that GC will want to get in front of a Lombard bid even if it means they swap lukosious + bulldogs first for pick 4 .

Then GC can trade 8 + 20 for rioli and late picks to match Lombard.

Will come down to who they'd want more. Not impossible get all 3 deals done though.

Personally hope they balls it up and Draper is available at 3.

WST spoiler re Judd ;)

On the front bar and why he choose the Blues over the others. Thought they could have the same sort of trajectory as he had at the Eagles as a team. Didn’t want to just jump on a team that’s already built.

Need that sort of thought from players and coaches in the AFL. (Also media who say why would player X go to team Y when they are 3 years away from finals) yes Judd did achieve a lot already so was less motivation for him to go to the top team but love his thinking.

Will come down to who they'd want more. Not impossible get all 3 deals done though.

Personally hope they balls it up and Draper is available at 3.
Agreed. GC might just easily take their F1 and the Crows back themselves in but very risky by them.

Keane could also get his wish and get back to the Pies.

They would be very happy with Draper, Luko, ANB and Welsh FS.

WST spoiler re Judd ;)

On the front bar and why he choose the Blues over the others. Thought they could have the same sort of trajectory as he had at the Eagles as a team. Didn’t want to just jump on a team that’s already built. Need that sort of thought from players and coaches in the AFL. (Also media who say why would player X go to team Y when they are 3 years away from finals) yes Judd did achieve a lot already so was less motivation for him to go to the top team but love his thinking.

Probably would have had a chance at success if Fev didn’t **** it up

This outcome with Xavier Lindsay and Noah Mraz is Randy Marsh areas.
I honestly don't get the reference. I know what it's from but I couldn't tell if that means you are happy or not (Google didn't assist me either). Knowing you I know you are big on Lindsay so I presume that you would be happy with a draft of:
3. O'Sullivan
12. Travaglia
23. Lindsay
27. Mraz
59. Barrat

Lindsay at that pick might be a stretch, however, it wouldn't surprise me if certain teams prioritised talls (i.e. Armstrong, Shanahan, Whitlock x 2, Tauru, Dodson and Faull) and that may push certain midfield options towards our pick (i.e. Lindsay, Moraes or Hynes). So there's a small possibility of this outcome.

WST spoiler re Judd ;)

On the front bar and why he choose the Blues over the others. Thought they could have the same sort of trajectory as he had at the Eagles as a team. Didn’t want to just jump on a team that’s already built.

Need that sort of thought from players and coaches in the AFL. (Also media who say why would player X go to team Y when they are 3 years away from finals) yes Judd did achieve a lot already so was less motivation for him to go to the top team but love his thinking.

Eagles should be asking this man to be in recruiting meetings. Could really sell it to players I reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back