List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim Kelly trade mk II. Reminder that Geelong turned that into nabbing Jeremy ****ing Cameron.

The details only get worse.

L.Baker: FIVE years

M.Owies: THREE Years

High potential of not just stuffing up draft and talent capital, but clogging list and salary space as well.

This better work out - because if it doesn't the outcome will be a complete bottoming out during Tasmania draft compromisation with a squad that is unable to be turned over easily.

The risks here are so extreme, yet it appears the club has gone all-in on it.

No money left for Warner.

What a joke.

"We had to come up with a different solution to fulfill our commitment to Liam Baker" - Don Pyke

We sold our future to appease Liam ****ing Baker.

What a joke.

"We had to come up with a different solution to fulfill our commitment to Liam Baker" - Don Pyke

yeah that's ridiculous

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can’t believe Pykes comments right now about honouring the commitment to Baker. I’m stunned.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
So where's Freo honouring their commitment to Bolton? What about Hawthorn to Barrass? What about GC to Rioli? Be the nice guys and get shafted, that's what happens and why this club is a joke

We are butter, absolutely killed the hope of the supporter base with this trade.

Club needs to realise that the gap between supporters and the recruiters is closing as we can all access and assess players with basically the same information. Take the feedback.

Finally some sense. I mean I'm sure we know a good thing when we see it and offered him a million per year

He may average 1.5 goals a game in last two years but he does nothing else.

10 touches a game.

2.2 tackles a game.

There is a good reason why Carlton didn't offer him a contract.

He's part of the reason teams walked possessions out of the Carlton backline.

His insistence of only going to WCE and want to have Richmond 'well compensated' is the whole reason we've given up pick 3.

Abysmal.
Agree.

I see this trade as similar to the Ebert one. Why couldn't we stand our ground and do what Port did?

Say sorry Richmond but he wants to come to us, he's uncontracted, so you can have our R2.

We're just a soft club that are trying to be the nice guys. Nice guys finish last.

Lol, and now want Deven Robertson. Looks like pick 12 is back on the market...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t believe Pykes comments right now about honouring the commitment to Baker. I’m stunned.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If the club has dedicated its entire 2024 drafting and trading strategy, in a rebuild, to honouring a commitment to a 27-year-old utility, then anyone involved needs to go.

Last edited:
Ok, trading back from 3 because they made a 'Commitment' to Baker. Dumb **** Pyke, resign right now.
This is what I hate the most.

We shouldnt be "committing" to any player outside of the club. If a player wants to join West Coast then we should be evaluating them on their individual merits and assessing whether or not we want to take them (and the price we would be wiling to pay for them). Having someone nominate West Coast shouldnt be seen as an "honour" - it should be standard operating procedure for a successful club.

Otherwise we just become a halfway house for WA guys who cant crack into better teams.

We are butter, absolutely killed the hope of the supporter base with this trade.

Club needs to realise that the gap between supporters and the recruiters is closing as we can all access and assess players with basically the same information. Take the feedback.
Yeh nah

Agree with the killed the hope sentiment.

But taking feedback from fans re drafting / trading - no way. For every reasonable comment, there's just as many crazy comments.

I'd much as this trade appears to suck, I wouldn't want facebook fans running the show.

What a joke.

Then stare Richmond down and say we have 26 and that's it. Or walk him to the PSD. But don't pretend splitting 3 was the only option.

So, how we all doing this morning?

lemmings GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back