Jordan Clark
Cody Weightman
Leek Aleer
Matthew Jefferson
Jordan Croft

The Office Cringe GIF

Think team will do that but it’s a 50/50 call I feel

In any case Pyke and co think that team is competing for finals….. Crazy
You can say that as many times as you like, such that you can be extra mad if we’re awful again, but that doesn’t make it true.

We’ve not topped up to go chips in on a flag tilt. You know this, so spare us the hysterics. Even me writing this now is folly.

We’ve tried to fill a gap in our list in a pretty crucial bracket, given how astonishingly bare the 25-29 year old cupboard is. You don’t need to agree with that being a need, and certainly you’d get minimal pushback on how eye wateringly steep the price we paid was.

19 of the 42 players on our list are 21 or younger. We’re moving Barrass for future picks and going to have to hit next year’s draft as a result of moves in this period.

Really can’t be bothered reading the fake outrage “well better get the finals tilt going” crap. HQ have given us enough of a stick to beat them with, before we invent pure nonsense ones.

Edit: I see Larri has already handled this far more succinctly. You truly are full of shit.

Who's the Jarrod Brander or Campbell Chesser of this draft? Because we are of course back in that range where we like it for some reason.

I'm totally perplexed at how Matt Owies was the key to unlocking that trade.

He's a perfectly decent player, but why on earth did we feel the need to target him?
We have experienced forwards in Ryan and Cripps.
We have exciting young players in Dewar, Brockman, Hutchinson and Long.
We have academy options in Champion (this year) and Walley (next year).
We have mids who like to rotate forward in Reid, Hewett, Kelly and now Graham.
We have Liam Baker, whose proposed role is unclear but who has often played on a HFF.

We are creating the most needless logjam and wasting salary cap space on someone who will be 28 at the start of the season. FMD.

That’s what they want but this isn’t a points trade. They would get a pick so that’s points. We don’t have any thirds so will be probably hawks’ future 2nd, which will be like pick 45.

Pick 26 for Robertson and pick 34.

34 will drop back to 26 come draft night.

Lions bank 180 points.

Who's the Jarrod Brander or Campbell Chesser of this draft? Because we are of course back in that range where we like it for some reason.

We've already got Chesser but Brander might nominate given he's now the NT's preeminent goal machine and a pretty handy teachers assistant to boot. I say we give him another chance. Coincidentally he's in an age range we really lack so odd as it might seen, you could definitely say there is method to the madness of using 12 on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks will smell blood.

We will get 2x 2nd rounders or something because of "commitments"

What a rabble we have become. Laughing stock of the AFL

Pyke needs to commit to sitting on his fist

On Reid - the one element of the melts that I don’t agree with is that this pushes him out the door.

A 3-20 season with him heading into the final year of his contract potentially pushes him out the door.

Many won’t agree that this will lift our floor materially, and you can also argue if doing this to keep Reid (if that’s the reason) is too short sighted, but I certainly think it only helps the pursuit.

Doesn’t make the deal better, just think the tiny silver lining is that a more competitive Eagles is better for getting Harley’s signature.

No, that doesn’t mean finals and flag tilts, but it also shouldn’t have any games where we’re blown off the park by halftime. Need to sell a mid term vision as well as a long, even if we all really ****ing hate how they’re gone about it.

I wonder if Pykes plan is to trade our F1 to Tigers for 6. Lets them take a top 5 pick again next year and we get a mid at 6 and that’s why we didn’t bargain harder for Baker?
Part of a bigger picture? Clutching at straws here
Even if its a trade night deal, if certain players we want are there at 6 we swap, otherwise we leave it. Idk

BINGO

Barrass gets done for HF1st , Blues F1st with WC F2nd and F3rd going back.

We hold our own F1st, HF1st and Blues F1st.

2024 pick 12 and 26.

Which of those picks above would Richmond like to move into next year?

Pyke has said wait until after the Barrass trade.

Its obvious we paid overs for Baker. Blatantly obvious.

Do we bring forward our F1st for 10 and 18 and claw back some of the "credits in the bank" from the Baker deal.

Retain two F1st for any trade needs. These F1sts traded in releases our F1st to be traded out.

Hit the draft with 10, 12, 18, 26.

Feel come draft night there will be some back peddling with some of the OTT reactions today.
Are you suggesting trading our own F1 (which most definitely will be a top 5 pick) to Richmond for picks 10 and 18 this year? That's two top 3-5 picks out the door in 2 years. Haven't Richmond got enough from us already? If we are trading any F1 out then it should be either Haw F1 or Carlton F1 assuming we get one or both (highly unlikely). Those F1s will be more like 12 and 14 this year.

I don’t understand the fascination with getting Warner? People pinning their hopes on a dude that goes missing when the going gets tough and needs to get his hands dirty aka another Tim Kelly .
I sense with Warner is he will play better around better players. Not sold on him being the number 1 midfield where he will be targeted. Sydney have a plethora of talented midfielders : Heeney, Gulden, Rowbottom, Mills (when fit) .

I too am not sure he is the answer alone to West Coast list.

I sense with Warner is he will play better around better players. Not sold on him being the number 1 midfield where he will be targeted. Sydney have a plethora of talented midfielders : Heeney, Gulden, Rowbottom, Mills (when fit) .

I see another Tim Kelly deal brewing

We already have a number 1 midfielder that's targeted. He'll be second banana.

The only word that comes to mind even with the hindsight of time is ‘deflating’. From refreshing Twitter every five minutes to reading every single page in this mammoth thread, the wish now is for the trade period to be over.

Generally the reward for being a good team is playing finals and the hope of winning a flag.
The reward for being a poor team is trade and draft period and the hope of jagging the next Judd, Gaff or dare I say it, Reid. Essentially having the best odds at getting the best player in the draft.

Getting Pick 3 or thereabouts for us has historically been uncommon. This is a blessing but something we have to fully maximise when we have it as it generally means you have lost a gun player or had an extremely poor year. Its not something you want to happen too often.

What’s most saddening is that we’re a victim of our own success. We will never be granted with the so called ‘AFL levellers’ to quickly rebuild. Our market isn’t important enough to warrant an academy, we’re too solvent to ever get priority picks or favourable herbs and spices compensation picks and the economic and geographically reality of not being a large Melbourne based club generally means we find it harder to attract top tier players.

The trade has been intrinsically dissected with the flaws repeated many times over. What hasn’t been mentioned is why we couldn’t work out a deal with our old, new friend Matty Rosa and strike a deal with the bombers since they went on record in wanting to trade up. Surely Pick 9 plus whatever would have been better than this?

Getting rid of the steak knives also means no to Champion I'm assuming.

Moving forward and to try and pick the positives even when there’s no way to spin it, our best hope is the draft falls our way and one of the top picks say a Tobie slides to us for whatever reason. Who we would have taken at 7 is still there for us when it’s our turn. That and we somehow get the 2024 Brady Hough with our second pick.

I’ll still put my faith in the club as lets face it, we’ve been blessed. But even I’m starting to question if the highly professional, nice to work with public image is to appeal to corporates because you know... bejamin$ baby and is occasionally forgotten about seven times each year when we lose by nearly 100.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back