List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In: 12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Can Team Dry Sheets hit back with a junktime goal or two?

Will Team Yellow absolutely piss it in?

Stay tuned!

Angry Rage GIF
Personally I think team vomiting blood is well ahead! I’m not sure if they can be caught to be honest.

Richmond have a massive amount of good draft picks, but don't forget it's because they won the spoon and have half a dozen senior players deserting them.

Do we prefer to be in Richmond's position? Genuine question.

What Richmond are
Richmond have a massive amount of good draft picks, but don't forget it's because they won the spoon and have half a dozen senior players deserting them.

Do we prefer to be in Richmond's position? Genuine question.

Richmond are in the ideal position. Yes they will be bad next year and the year after however once the new draftees get up to 40ish games they will start ascending up the ladder.

It's best to spend time at the top and bottom of the ladder with less time mid table. Richmond have won 3 premierships and now understand they need to bottom out and rebuild with young talent.

The Baker trade annoys me less than our management's lack of understanding this basic concept.

You’ve completely ignored what I’ve said to have a melt about fiction.

Richmond have their best players all requesting out at once. They’re all 25-27 years old. They want to keep all of them.

They’ve done a masterful job of extracting value which should set them up nicely long term, but the situations are apples and oranges. If offered, Richmond would keep all of these guys, and we know this because they pursued the **** out of keeping them.

Yeah - some of their top players wanting out isn’t exactly a good thing, but because they are all still young enough and contracted they are extracting value and so they should. Bit like Melbourne but for some reason the good players want out every year but the club seems to have swallowed the key. Richmond have a plethora of picks but it’s going to be a long way back for them as there’s little balance in their list at all now

Bolton wasn't worth what you paid. 10 & 18 without any swap was the absolute limit.
Got 14 & F3 back for a long term contracted player. Brings the trade back to about market value.

It's Shai Bolton so it's worth it. I mean it's not like we paid a top 10 draft pick for uncontracted, delisted free agent or anything.

Last edited:
Got 14 & F3 back for a long term contracted player. Brings the trade back to about market value.

It's Shai Bolton so it's worth it. I mean t's not like we paid a top 10 draft pick for uncontracted, delisted free agent or anything.
Neither did we, what's your point?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smells like copium to me bud, but you may have a different value on Bolton than me.

Now be a good troll and head back to where you came from, and enjoy Bolton for a couple years before Freo send him back to Richmond for a fraction of the price paid today.
Yup, you got me mate.

Just gunna have to make do with Bolton for the next 150 games and 200+ goals filling a much needed list gap.

I'll see myself out, thank you.

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

What Richmond are

Richmond are in the ideal position. Yes they will be bad next year and the year after however once the new draftees get up to 40ish games they will start ascending up the ladder.

It's best to spend time at the top and bottom of the ladder with less time mid table. Richmond have won 3 premierships and now understand they need to bottom out and rebuild with young talent.

The Baker trade annoys me less than our management's lack of understanding this basic concept.

I hate the split of 3. But using your logic we have had 2 years of relativly high picks. We will get some more next year and obvioulsy this year also.

Why are you not usign the same logic, once our kids drafted on 22, 23, 24, and 25 hit 40 games we will start ascending. Not sure how pick 12 instead of 3 changes that entire logic.

We were up for a long period of time 2015 - 2020 ish. COuld of won multiple flags luckily got one.

This is the price we pay, just like richmond. It's no coincidence.

We wouldn't have had to commit to the pick in the first place if Freo weren't offering 11 as late as Friday afternoon, although I do agree we could've just walked. Player managers don't like that though, so who knows how it could affect our future chances to attract talent in.
It should never have got to that point, it should have been 26 or no deal right from the outset (could have thrown in one of those 60s picks), completed in the first week. Baker was committed to West Coast only and wasn't going to Freo no matter how much they were offering. It was a stare down and they stared us down.

Taj Hotton - Heard we have done at least 1 home interview with him and his parents and multiple interviews with just him.
Maybe thats why we were ok with the pick slide? Was touted as a top 5 prospect before the ACL injury. Bit of a risk though...

Thoughts on him at 12?
Very interesting, will be around the mark. Has been talked about as a monster flight risk, so had written him off.

What Richmond are

Well, North have got 40 games into many of their top line players but have nothing to show for it (yet). Their stars like LDU and Zurhaar have already reached 100...

Time and again it is proven you need the mature bodies in that right age range to help with development. Not saying it was the right move to turf out pick 3 for Baker and Owies, don't misquote me on that, more that a whole collection of first round picks with every non-elite player over 25 being sold for more draft picks is not the automatic ticket to a flag that some think it is. As usual, the correct answer is a mix of players, because as Bender and others have pointed out, if you have eight first round picks not all of them will become AFL-level players.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back