List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In: 12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
How many years has Haw offered Barrass?
Reportedly five.

But he’s not worth much cause he’s old with a bad back. Sounds like their list manager is bad at their job then.

Lord, why does it have to be OUR dickhead trade (Barrass) that's going to go down to the wire 🤦‍♂️

It's not like the two parties didn't already start talking and know our expectation was two firsts a ****ing month ago.

Gonna be tough to shake the tag we really screwed the pooch by not just taking their pick 14 and F2 (if that was reportedly on the table) last week.

It's better than their F1 and F2 which is what we'll likely get now, if even that.

Yep - and Richmond were pissed about it, judging from the B&F
The players Bolton and Baker were taking the pi$$ on Their B&F night. They clearly didn’t want to be there. And if they bring over the attitude “I’m back home in WA and getting paid top dollar”, I’d have a few concerns.

Lord, why does it have to be OUR dickhead trade (Barrass) that's going to go down to the wire

It's not like the two parties didn't already start talking and know our expectation was two firsts a ****ing month ago.

Gonna be tough to shake the tag we really screwed the pooch by not just taking their pick 14 and F2 (if that was reportedly on the table) last week.

It's better than their F1 and F2 which is what we'll likely get now, if even that.
Hawks were offended we didn't contact them for 2 days so they're playing the petty game

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mate I don’t follow as close as you but by my memory they dropped out of the 8, after multiple flags, traded out some senior players as they wouldn’t be part of the next push and I assumed they used these picks at the draft.

After they won their flags they did shed the likes of Mitchell, Lewis and Hodge…but at this time they went out and topped up with Wingard, Tom Mitchell, Patton, Scully and others. This failed - badly - so eventually they tipped out those players and went back to scratch.

Look Hawthorn had a good second half to their season last year - they jumped up to 7th with some hot form and the likes of Essendon, Fremantle, Collingwood and Carlton shitting the bed. Beat the Dogs, finished 6th.

1 swallow doesn’t make a summer - let’s see how complete this rebuild is over the next 2-3 years.

Lord, why does it have to be OUR dickhead trade (Barrass) that's going to go down to the wire 🤦‍♂️

Gonna be tough to shake the tag we really screwed the pooch by not just taking their pick 14 and F2 (of they was reportedly on the table) last week.

I'm trying to convince myself that just before the trade is put up Don Pyke is going to walk out

billionaire-strut-vince-mcmahon.gif

and a few minutes later we all have egg on our faces after yesterdays meltdowns.

Heard from two sources that I consider very reliable that he would be a massive flight risk.

Very talented kid that’s for sure.

I heard that a certain WA prospect has also made it somewhat known he'd prefer to not leave WA/less eager to.

Mate I don’t follow as close as you but by my memory they dropped out of the 8, after multiple flags, traded out some senior players as they wouldn’t be part of the next push and I assumed they used these picks at the draft.

Since 2017 (when they started slipping, truly), their top picks have been 45, 52, 13 (Day), 6 (DGB), 7 (Ward), 7 (Mackenzie), 5 (Watson). The named first round picks have ranged for average to decent so far.

It is good coaching and a winning game plan, a soft draw, nailing some later draft picks (Worpel, Maginness, Macdonald etc) along with the right mix of senior players (Chol, Meek, Ginnivan etc) that have helped their resurgence this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far out.

This will be the narrative won’t it?

They aren’t ’turfing’ anyone - they aren’t making hard calls on players - these players have quit their club.
They aren't trying to stop them leaving though are they? It's smart list management

Hawks are a good example of building a list again through the draft.
At the time I laughed and backed in our method of keeping senior players.

Hawks team that won their 1st final

Hawks line up last night

Sicily (pick 56)
Frost (traded in for late pick swaps)
Impey (traded pick 33)
Hardwick (pick 44)
Weddle (pick 18)
Morrison (pick 74)
D'Ambrosio (pick 61 + F4)
Moore (pick 67)
Nash (pick 62 rookie draft)
Amon (free agent)
Chol (traded for a 2024 2nd rounder tied to Brissy)
Ginnivan (gave up 2024 F2 and F3 for Pies 2024 F2 and F4)
Dear (pick 56)
Gunston (traded back for Brandon Ryan)
Watson (pick 5)
Meek (traded for JOM and got a 2nd rounder back aswell)
Worpel (pick 45)
Newcombe (pick 2 in the mid season draft)
Scrimshaw (traded for late nothing swaps)
Maginness (pick 29)
Ward (pick 7)
Macdonald (pick 26)

That's some incredible list management and/or more likely some amazing coaching to get them playing like they currently are

It's some incredible recruiting sure, but to claim they built their team on high draft picks is a complete falsehood

The players Bolton and Baker were taking the pi$$ on Their B&F night. They clearly didn’t want to be there. And if they bring over the attitude “I’m back home in WA and getting paid top dollar”, I’d have a few concerns.
You made up an entire scenario and have decided to have concerns about it. well done

More fun this way

They aren't trying to stop them leaving though are they? It's smart list management

Haha yes they are!

There President ripped those departing at their B&F and they tried to convince Graham and Baker to re-sign.

This is not by choice and this is not a masterstroke of list management.

They MAY be getting lucky, it also blow up in their face.

Barrass's trade if it goes ahead wont make up for the F**ked up trade yesterday look good.
Im really hoping Chad Warner signs a mega deal with Sydney, so our future picks stay in place.

This offseason is feeling like the 2009 of our previous rebuild, after getting our #9 in the previous draft.

Trade in a few flankers (Baker/Owies ~ Dalziell) for a few talls (Darling/Barrass ~ Staker/Seaby)

Miss out on the top few midfield prospect, take the safe WA defender maybe mid. Bo Allan is our Sheppard. Just got to see how we blow our later picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back