List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In: 12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
**** off and polish up your participation trophies😀🖕
Copy that. Thanks for your time.

Awkward Episode 2 GIF by The Office

Freo didn't makes us fold like Superman on laundry day, that's on us.
We wouldn't have had to commit to the pick in the first place if Freo weren't offering 11 as late as Friday afternoon, although I do agree we could've just walked. Player managers don't like that though, so who knows how it could affect our future chances to attract talent in.

Agree and probably Berry has the best foot skills in that part of the draft. I’m a little with Eastcoasteagle that Lindsay whilst a good kick isn't quite as good as some are claiming. Still both good prospects.
I do wonder if the club is banking on Langford possibly sliding. Phil mentioned that one of our top 3 prospects that the Eagles are interested in could be still there at pick 12-15 on draft night.

Simply guessing but Langford, TT and Allan? Maybe Berry or Lindsay.

I like your guess list , sadly I think TT will be gone but the Viking could also be an option.
I would add Hynes to that list, he has a lot of upside and is a scrapper and defends well.
He also has a lot of the playing traits that Richmond have previously valued and drafted.

For me straight skills Berry would be hard to ignore.

Yes we've done great holding onto gaff, sheed, yeo and darling until the bitter end. Pick 1 and 30 did not exactly finalise our rebuild, and nor will pick this year. Richmond have clearly had a plan in place and are executing. Wce are a mess.
We didn't have Tassie coming in in 2 years time when we started tumbling down the ladder and by that point, our senior players were well past their value, with nobody to replace them to begin with.

Can't see them taking those picks to the draft, too many. Surely they trade a few into future picks.
Richmonds picks look impressive just like GWS and Gold Coast early years.
Look how it's worked out for both of them. They are still waiting for a premiership and in Gold Coast still waiting to make the finals. Richmond are like the Kangas having first round picks and not enough good mature players around them.

Don't know what to tell you pal, you still paid overs for Baker. We paid what Bolton was worth, you haven't really bumped his price up at all.

Looking forward to the Eagles bringing the price of all of our future targets up to market value.

:thumbsu:
Bolton wasn't worth what you paid. 10 & 18 without any swap was the absolute limit.

Yes we've done great holding onto gaff, sheed, yeo and darling until the bitter end. Pick 1 and 30 did not exactly finalise our rebuild, and nor will pick this year. Richmond have clearly had a plan in place and are executing. Wce are a mess.
You’ve completely ignored what I’ve said to have a melt about fiction.

Richmond have their best players all requesting out at once. They’re all 25-27 years old. They want to keep all of them.

They’ve done a masterful job of extracting value which should set them up nicely long term, but the situations are apples and oranges. If offered, Richmond would keep all of these guys, and we know this because they pursued the **** out of keeping them.

Richmond have a massive amount of good draft picks, but don't forget it's because they won the spoon and have half a dozen senior players deserting them.

Do we prefer to be in Richmond's position? Genuine question.

They're going to be rough for years, and assuming they do nail all of those picks (which they won't coz that's just how it goes), they're all going to be out of contract at similar times so may be hard to retain. Players will leave for opportunities and cash.

It's seems like a great way to go in theory, however we've seen how it works for GC and GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like your guess list , sadly I think TT will be gone but the Viking could also be an option.
I would add Hynes to that list, he has a lot of upside and is a scrapper and defends well.
He also has a lot of the playing traits that Richmond have previously valued and drafted.

For me straight skills Berry would be hard to ignore.
If Richmond go Lalor at one would you think they draft Hynes before our first pick?

Seem like similar hybrid mid/impact fwd types.

Dev just doesn't have the stomach for the fight. Oh well we move on, he'll never be best 22 at Brisbane.

I don't think this deal is as terrible as it's being made out to be.

3 for 12 and 14 is approximately equal in draft points. Yes, we know the draft points undervalue top picks, but I'm not sure that's as relevant in a year where the top of the draft is so even, and we also might reasonably have heard whispers that a player we rate highly will be available at 12.

Baker for 14 is slight overs; he's probably worth 15-20. Meh; we coughed up to get it done.

Owies is steak knives; doesn't move the needle in the assessment above, but may be useful.

The decoupling of pick 14 from the Barrass deal may help us obtain better value from Hawthorn, because we no longer need capital for Baker.

If pick 12 buys us one of Smith, Lalor, FOS, Draper (all very unlikely), or Langford, Smillie, M Reid, Travaglia (possible), I think we've done fine. That needs 4 others (excluding Ashcroft, Lombard and Kako) to jump the queue. Trainor, Tauru, Lindsay, Armstrong, Allan, Berry and Hotton are candidates to do that. Otherwise we end up selecting from who's left out of that list.

Then we look for a bargain with our second-round pick. Very confident there will be one.

And we have a great draft hand next year, or still have Tom Barrass as KPD.

For those playing at home, it is always far more reliable to trust Ryan Daniels than trust Jon Ralph.

Ralph can be taken as open speculation at all times re. WCE.

When Daniels says it, start worrying.

This notion that Rhino is an incredible news breaker needs to stop. He has been in shocking form as of late, literally said we rejected the 12 and 14 offer and then tried to spin it as if Owies was the difference maker when he was wrong.

I don’t like Ralph, but he said we’d split 3 in a Baker deal a month ago and everyone abused him, he’s far better at this job than Rhino is.

That's why we need to ask for both their F1's.
Can't accept anything less.
Some people think F1 and think it's rly valuable lol.
Obviously depends on of the teams are in finals contention or not.
Hawthorn might be top 4, Carlton top 8 or just outside it.

If our F2 goes back in that trade I wouldn't consider it as us receiving 2 firsts - that'd one first and a small upgrade to our 2nd.

Dev just doesn't have the stomach for the fight. Oh well we move on, he'll never be best 22 at Brisbane.
Has something new happened with Dev other than reports it's not likely to happen?

Last I heard he was keen to go elsewhere but brisbane wanted a second rounder for him (madness).

Has dev withdrawn his wish or are bris just holding tight on a contracted player?

A F3 would be about the limit of what I'd offer.

Has something new happened with Dev other than reports it's not likely to happen?

Last I heard he was keen to go elsewhere but brisbane wanted a second rounder for him (madness).

Has dev withdrawn his wish or are bris just holding tight on a contracted player?

A F3 would be about the limit of what I'd offer.

No idea on Dev, sorry. Only going by the publicly known news.

Mmmmmmm, not quite the same thing. The forced hand just brought our deal up to about evens. The Baker deal was just diabolical!
Don't know what to tell you pal, you still paid overs for Baker. We paid what Bolton was worth, you haven't really bumped his price up at all.

Looking forward to the Eagles bringing the price of all of our future targets up to market value.

:thumbsu:
Smells like copium to me bud, but you may have a different value on Bolton than me.

Now be a good troll and head back to where you came from, and enjoy Bolton for a couple years before Freo send him back to Richmond for a fraction of the price paid today.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back