List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In: 12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Taj Hotton - Heard we have done at least 1 home interview with him and his parents and multiple interviews with just him.
Maybe thats why we were ok with the pick slide? Was touted as a top 5 prospect before the ACL injury. Bit of a risk though...

Thoughts on him at 12?

Highly rated, previously injured player.

Who says no?

Hawks are a good example of building a list again through the draft.
At the time I laughed and backed in our method of keeping senior players.

They served their time in the wilderness though. Let's not pretend they have been contending for a good chunk of time. A harder draw in 25 and they may hit a few speedbumps too.

Taj Hotton - Heard we have done at least 1 home interview with him and his parents and multiple interviews with just him.
Maybe thats why we were ok with the pick slide? Was touted as a top 5 prospect before the ACL injury. Bit of a risk though...

Thoughts on him at 12?
High risk, high reward. If the top 8 don't slide, then I like Hotton or Tauru (ahead of Armstrong, Berry and Allan)

Richmond are in the ideal position. Yes they will be bad next year and the year after however once the new draftees get up to 40ish games they will start ascending up the ladder.
Not sure about this - North have been going down this road for years, and have just pivoted to bringing in the likes of Darling to see if they can turn around the lack of experience in the team.

There's a happy medium, not sure where it is though.

How the Hawks go in 25 will be interesting - they're hoping that they can further improve, but there certainly are plenty of cases of a team shining like they did in the latter part of the season then dropping back for a while.

How so?

They are currently buying 2 key backman, have traded for the likes of Chol, Meek, Ginnivan - brought Gunston BACK and plenty more players.

Who on their list has been obtained through the draft that is forming the base of their list?

Newcombe? From the Mid Season Draft?

They served their time in the wilderness though. Let's not pretend they have been contending for a good chunk of time. A harder draw in 25 and they may hit a few speedbumps too.
A decade between finals wins. Can we win one before 2029 to even the ledger?

I’m not sure getting Owies improves the Eagles in 2025. He has the bulk of the ball supplied by Cripps and got first dibs at ground level after McKay and Curnow.

I’m predicting a 35 goal season but it’s West Coast ageing midfield that is the concern for me. Harley is still a 2nd year player Learning the ropes and I agree with a few posters on here West Coast aren’t in a position these days to attract top tier talent like some of the big Melbourne clubs.

Thoughts on him at 12?

Heard from two sources that I consider very reliable that he would be a massive flight risk.

Very talented kid that’s for sure.

They are also a good example of a team with not a heap of high end picks being their best players (Geelong another).

Now, I’m as distrusting of our talent identification and development capabilities as anyone, but those 2 teams do show that trading out pick 3 isn’t the be all and end all of our rebuild (doesn’t make the deal we got a good one though).

Guys like Maric and Hutch taking significant steps forward next year would make the strategy more likely. Getting good players out of a msd is a huge shot in the arm.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Richmond are doing smart things. Turfing their senior players when they have value. That's the way to rebuild quickly

Far out.

This will be the narrative won’t it?

They aren’t ’turfing’ anyone - they aren’t making hard calls on players - these players have quit their club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes when mitch came in they traded out their old guys. Dont overlook how bad they were for the 7th, 16th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 9th, 4th, 12th, 3rd, 3rd.

Compared to us 16th, 18th, 17th, 9th, 5th, 5th, 2nd, 8th, 6th, 2nd

In the last 10 years both have had 4 years in the top 8. With the rest being turd. Perhaps they are a year ahead in their build but chill out thinking we are soooo much worse.

Far out.

This will be the narrative won’t it?

They aren’t ’turfing’ anyone - they aren’t making hard calls on players - these players have quit their club.

Not only that, but where's the evidence that this is even a successful path to rebuilding - what team has this worked for?

How so?

They are currently buying 2 key backman, have traded for the likes of Chol, Meek, Ginnivan - brought Gunston BACK and plenty more players.

Who on their list has been obtained through the draft that is forming the base of their list?

Newcombe? From the Mid Season Draft?
Mate I don’t follow as close as you but by my memory they dropped out of the 8, after multiple flags, traded out some senior players as they wouldn’t be part of the next push and I assumed they used these picks at the draft.

[emoji[emoji6]][emoji6][emoji[emoji6]][emoji6]" data-quote="kylealone" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Taj Hotton - Heard we have done at least home interview with him and his parents and multiple interviews with just him.
Maybe thats why we were ok with the pick slide? Was touted as a top [emoji6] prospect before the ACL injury. Bit of a risk though...

Thoughts on him at ?

He’d be my favourite option if Travaglia and one of the top end mids weren’t there

No way we select him at coming off an ACL though. Not a WC pick at all

Not only that, but where's the evidence that this is even a successful path to rebuilding - what team has this worked for?

Brisbane won a flag with loads of top 10 picks and trading out Zorko, Hipwood, Andrews etc at their peak when they knew they weren't going to contend a few years ago...

...wait.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back