List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In: 12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Early days but I certainly feel a bit sheepish on how bullish i was with Pyke joining the club.

I think we were so desperate for change from Simpson and Nesbitt we were excited for literally anybody.

jurassic park film GIF

Walk out and do what?

All that melon has done so far is said our trade "looks odd" in isolation, plead with everyone that we HAD to honour our commitment to a random OOC player (no idea why), then insult WCE fans with his mansplaining.

When he actually does something remotely positive, I'll get around him.

:musicnotes: Odd are Trades in isolation...:musicnotes:

:musicnotes:Our club knows it's more than winning:musicnotes:

Get on board kenty

Can’t say I’m very pleased with the pass few days folding on baker and giving up pick 3 for two middling picks is boarder line insane first time in a while the eagles have genuinely upset me. Kind of moves that set a club back years

These are the first 3 players available at pick 3 for the last 10 drafts:

Zane DuursmaHarry SheezelFinn CallaghanWill PhillipsLuke Jackson+~Izak RankinePaddy DowHugh McCluggageClayton OliverAngus Brayshaw
Nick WatsonGeorge WardlawMac AndrewLogan McDonaldLachlan AshMax KingLuke Davies-UniackeBen AinsworthDarcy ParishJarrod Pickett
Ryley SandersElijah TsatasJosh RacheleBraeden CampbellDylan StephensConnor RozeeAdam CerraWill SetterfieldAaron FrancisJordan De Goey

These are the first 3 players available at pick 14 for the last 10 drafts (Ashcroft and Lombard will push 12 out to 14)

Jordan CroftElijah HewettCampbell ChesserHeath ChapmanMiles BergmanJackson HatelyMatthew LingHarry PerrymanEric HipwoodJake Lever
Will GreenMatthew JeffersonLeek AleerConor StoneCody WeightmanJordan ClarkZac BaileyJordan GallucciDaniel RioliJarrod Garlett
James LeakeHarry RowstonDarcy WilmotLachie JonesCooper StephensNed McHenryEd RichardsTodd MarshallHarrison HimmelbergSam Durdin

There is nothing that can convince me that sliding from 3 to 12 is a good idea. This is nothing but gross incompetence. I keep hearing the apologist in the media saying we are "playing the long game". We were playing the long game and it was coming along nicely. Now we're playing the short game which will likely end up the "very long game".

If you don't have enough top tier talent, you can't win a flag. If it gets to a point Harley is all alone, he'll leave.

Clarke should be sacked tomorrow. It's unacceptable. As for Pyke, I'd suggest one or more board members will now death ride him out of the club. You can't make decisions like that and not upset some of the people who determine if you stay in the role or not.
That list makes it look even worse…a lot of those players are already on bakers level and beyond

Talent identification is just too good now for someone to slide through

Which is why i don't think we'll get the trade done, the Eagles are in public relations damage control and Hawks won't be able to bend us as they expected. The broader strategy bull tosh from Pyke will look utterly absurd if we don't trade Barrass.

It's a lose lose situation.
Plenty of times I think clubs can’t bend us like expected, but then they do. Ebert, Rioli, Kelly, Baker

Can't see them taking those picks to the draft, too many. Surely they trade a few into future picks.

Correct.

Just pray we have a deal agreed and just waiting on the Hawks to get the Barrass deal done.

There is another opportunity day before the draft for pick swaps.

I'd suggest for Don and Clarke's sake they get it done today. 35 days between now and that trade window opens is alot of melting days over West. WA could be the next Atlantis by then.

Sinking Classic Film GIF by Det Danske Filminstitut

So hypertheticaly, if we offended Richmond 26 for LiamBaker they would of ontrade that to mother ****ing fremantle in return for 10,11,18. so they never needed 14 to begin with.

Wce give 26
Wce get LiamBaker

Rich give ShaiBolton, LiamBaker, f3, 26
Rich get 10,11,18

Freo give 10,11,18
Freo get ShaiBolton, 26, f3

We are a bunch of morons. The 14 we gave away complimented ****ing freo, we could of given away 26 easy.

JfC

On SM-A155F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

14/10/24 - Pyke is such a smooth operator, can see why he was responsible for our 2015 GF appearance, took Adelaide close to a flag too.

16/10/24 - Pyke is the worst human being in the world and responsible for us getting the next 10 wooden spoons. Sack him and his mate Clarke ASAP.

14/10/24 - Pyke is such a smooth operator, can see why he was responsible for our 2015 GF appearance, took Adelaide close to a flag too.

16/1024 - Pyke is the worst human being in the world and responsible for us getting the next 10 wooden spoons. Sack him and his mate Clarke ASAP.
So much can change in just 1000 years.

I am not saying anything negative about McQualter or saying this is his fault. Lets give the an a chance. These decisions have not been his ultimately.

But i think the motivation behind these awful trade moves has been to try and protect McQualter. I bet their thinking is that he is not a club favourite son, he is not a household name, he has no currency or credits in the bank with WC supporters and WC supporters probably already are or are in the process of becoming much less tolerant and patient regarding the 100 point losses.

So they are worried that if they don't import some filler and the 100 point losses continue the support base will be clamouring for McQualter to be sacked in 18 months time. Simpson was well liked by club supporters and was a premiership coach. He had credits in the bank. People were prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt and some time. I think they assess that McQualter will not be give the same luxury. They need to mitigate the 100 point losses in order to give him a chance with the supporters.

I don't object to them importing filler for that reason. But i object them overpaying and giving up pick 3 for it. They need to look for some free or very cheap filler.

We are going to be a better team with Graham, baker & owies this year. But this doesnt help us in the long term. O/K pyke and the rest of them will sit back next year and say we told you so. But its not like we are going to compete for a top 4 spot next year.
I think they are more worried about the loss of membership & sponsorship than having a competetive team in the long term.
My friend has pulled the pin on next years membership which is dissapointing as he has been a member for over 20years. He just doesnt like the way the team is going forward, i'm the same there doesnt appear to be a long term vision by the club , just short term to save jobs & sponsorship.
Barrass has to go even if we get unders for him as next year is the last year the draft will not be totally compromised. Richmond have the long term vision and they understand this year & next year are really the only 2 years they will be able to pick up good young players before Tassie starts.

So hypertheticaly, if we offended Richmond 26 for LiamBaker they would of ontrade that to mother ****ing fremantle in return for 10,11,18. so they never needed 14 to begin with.

Wce give 26
Wce get LiamBaker

Rich give ShaiBolton, LiamBaker, f3, 26
Rich get 10,11,18

Freo give 10,11,18
Freo get ShaiBolton, 26, f3

We are a bunch of morons. The 14 we gave away complimented ****ing freo, we could of given away 26 easy.

JfC

On SM-A155F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Might be why Freo had a crack at Baker to begin with. Drive up his value to extract that pick when they get their own deal done.

In any case they've paid handsomely for Bolton and will be hoping they get the best of him on a consistent basis. He's all or nothing.

If there was any fear Freo were going to stockpile picks in 2025 for Warner I'd say that horse has bolted, too. They'll still put their noses in it, though.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back