List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
So if Ginbey and Mackenzie are still there at 8 (and I assume we wanted both), I would not see Ginbey as a natural pick for Saints, Blues or Dogs. Take the risk and pick Mackenzie at 8 as a balanced mid we desperately need and see if Ginbey slips through to 12. If he doesn't, then one of Hewett Hollands and Allen will be there. What pairing of Mackenzie with the four mentioned would be bad? It would be minor personal preferences.

Pick 2 gets you
Mackenzie and Hewett
Mackenzie and Ginbey
Mackenzie and Hollands
Mackenzie and Allan

And still we have some posters pining on what could have been with Wardlaw at pick 3.

If we do prioritise mids we will get two pretty decent ones at 9 an 13. And another later as well potentially.

I know I sound like a whinging Kent going on about the mega pick swap but I’m trying to think objectively

We gave up pick 2 which is pretty much a consensus top 4 Wardlaw. Exactly the type of player we need. As well as pick 40 which could’ve been handy.

For the choice of two players who are very even in talent across the 4-12 range. The upside being we can pick a couple of high picks with complimenting skills. Plus we have double the chance of hitting the jackpot and finding a good player. We lack depth and can do with as much talent as we can get and the move gives us more depth. The downside being there’s 8 picks ahead of us and we have to wait and see who every one takes first.

It could definitely turn out too be a master stroke and I hope it works.

Pick 9 any of Poo/Tstatas/Clarke/Mackenzie
Add in for 13 Hewett/Ginbey/Busslinger and Allan I guess.

I know I sound like a whinging Kent going on about the mega pick swap but I’m trying to think objectively

We gave up pick 2 which is pretty much a consensus top 4 Wardlaw. Exactly the type of player we need. As well as pick 40 which could’ve been handy.

For the choice of two players who are very even in talent across the 4-12 range. The upside being we can pick a couple of high picks with complimenting skills. Plus we have double the chance of hitting the jackpot and finding a good player. We lack depth and can do with as much talent as we can get and the move gives us more depth. The downside being there’s 8 picks ahead of us and we have to wait and see who every one takes first.

It could definitely turn out too be a master stroke and I hope it works.

Pick 9 any of Poo/Tstatas/Clarke/Mackenzie
Add in for 13 Hewett/Ginbey/Busslinger and Allan I guess.
The part you keep missing Hook is that the deal was done because it suited all parties. If North hadn’t landed our pick the JHF deal and the pick swaps would look completely different to the point where nth may have held onto pick one thus taking Wardlaw prior to us anyway irrelevant of hammies and go home factors….i think if Hewitt had maintained his form post the vic metro game then we would have been forced to hold that pick 2 because he would have been top 5.

Hopefully it does turn out to be a master stroke i think we can all agree on that.

This is the first time ever that I will actually watch the draft. There is so much intrigue around the first round that it should actually be thrilling viewing. I'm anticipating a bunch of trades either up or down the order as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont need to overthink it at all. Take whoever’s left out of Ginbey/Mackenzie etc at 8 and Hewett at 12. Hewett is local and has huge potential but he’s got the added bonus of basically being a free swing given how even the top 10 is

....I have many questions....but I'll only ask one.
Where does one take their dog out for birthday dinner?
Any dog friendly pub. Happy to share my grilled fish and steak with him.

Might not be able to afford dinner for the missus, especially after his cake as well.

All he wants for his birthday is two talls at 8 and 12 for the reacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back