List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
The part you keep missing Hook is that the deal was done because it suited all parties. If North hadn’t landed our pick the JHF deal and the pick swaps would look completely different to the point where nth may have held onto pick one thus taking Wardlaw prior to us anyway irrelevant of hammies and go home factors….i think if Hewitt had maintained his form post the vic metro game then we would have been forced to hold that pick 2 because he would have been top 5.

Hopefully it does turn out to be a master stroke i think we can all agree on that.
Yeah but if the trade didnt go through and North take Wardlaw then were in a perfect position for a draft day trade with GWS for pick 3 and another pick. Could've had our choice of mids at 3 or taken Cadman.
If North take Cadman then we get Wardlaw. Was a win / win situation really IMO.

Do you know what happened to Szybkowski? He missed the prelim for Dandy, then came back for the grand final and Vic Metro game but he didn't look quite right.
Covid

I
Yeah but if the trade didnt go through and North take Wardlaw then were in a perfect position for a draft day trade with GWS for pick 3 and another pick. Could've had our choice of mids at 3 or taken Cadman.
If North take Cadman then we get Wardlaw. Was a win / win situation really IMO.
I think west coast and GWS should have traded directly. 2,20,2022r3 for 3,19,31
Or 2,20 for 3,15.
With 3,15 you could get 5,7 off gold coast ( after Rankine trade completed). Keep 5, get 14,17 off swans.
Gws would be 90% certain to get Cadman, at worst get Sheezel.

Last edited:
“My mail is there is a whisper around that even West Coast are exploring an option of pushing a little bit higher up the draft in the hope of nabbing him before someone else."

Wat?

We're going to "push up" the order to get Ginbey after we've already traded down? Howbout EAD Ablett. If Ginbey is gone by our first pick then there's plenty of other options, big whoop.

No player is worth trading up for after we've already said you can throw a blanket over the 5-15 collection and that's why we traded down.
Clubs are playing funny buggers.

Hawthorn had no reported interest in Phillipou until there was talk of Essendon trading down in the expectation that they could get him with a later pick. All of a sudden Hawthorn are flying Phillipou over to meet in Melbourne

Hawks potentially happy for Essendon to take Phillipou with their pick 4(5) but more concerned that another club might take their preferred target if Essendon trade. So they feign interest in Phillipou to put doubts in Essendons mind about trading

Any talk of us trading back up I’m taking with a grain of salt. If we do anything on the night it’s far more likely we trade down if someone offers up something juicy like Port did last year

I think west coast and GWS should have traded directly. 2,20,2022r3 for 3,19,31
Or 2,20 for 3,15.
With 3,15 you could get 5,7 off gold coast ( after Rankine trade completed). Keep 5, get 14,17 off swans.
Gws would be 90% certain to get Cadman, at worst get Sheezel.

Suns were dumping Bows. End of story. Pick 7 was the price and that was announced prior to the mega trade. So we were never getting 5 and 7 off the Suns.

The price for jumping up from 2 to 3 would probably of cost you pick 15 or 18. GWS were not liking third choice and like the Suns, they value picks less that traditional clubs.

If the price was pick 15 to jump ahead, would you still do it? That is the sort of premium that comes with the best KPF you guys crave.

There's been a few seasons of late where it's felt like most picks were locked in well before the draft.

Bit more exciting this year!
Agreed

I also think it helps that for the first time in a long time, we’re actually relevant in the draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw this yesterday, it was Roan O’Hehir from South Freo.
Not a big fan of him - he has purple plastered all over him.

Fremantle City Dockers, Aquinas and South Fremantle = that is 3 red lights for me. No need to interview, arrange for an taxi to take him straight to Cockburn or Bondi

How about we trade pick 2 for 8 and 12 and then on trade 8+12 to move back up to 5 to get Ginbey.

The reason we did the trade in the first place is because we don’t seem to have much of a preference from 5-15 so we decided to grab two of them. Otherwise we likely would have pushed for a higher pick in return or just kept pick 2. We aren’t trading back up just to land a specific player

We're going to "push up" the order to get Ginbey after we've already traded down? Howbout EAD Ablett. If Ginbey is gone by our first pick then there's plenty of other options, big whoop.

No player is worth trading up for after we've already said you can throw a blanket over the 5-15 collection and that's why we traded down.
How about we trade pick 2 for 8 and 12 and then on trade 8+12 to move back up to 5 to get Ginbey.

The reason we did the trade in the first place is because we don’t seem to have much of a preference from 5-15 so we decided to grab two of them. Otherwise we likely would have pushed for a higher pick in return or just kept pick 2. We aren’t trading back up just to land a specific player

Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

Not sure who Melbourne are targeting with that move.

Would anyone do pick 8 for 13 and Freo’s future first? Take Hewett and Allan at 12 and 13, and get to death ride Freo next year.

Yes , I think that is a very tempting offer and some good players still available at the Picks 12 & 13 ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't get the obsession with every club trying to find the next 6 foot 4 Bont type of midfielder. He's a unicorn. Watch his highlights from the U18s championships and you can see he's another class level above all of them.

People forget all of the freakishly talentented footballers 6 foot or under who had massive impacts in the midfield and push forward and score, and would turn games.

I'm talking the pure talent players, not ball accumulators, like Ricciuto 184cm and McLeod 181, Cousins 179, Kerr 178, Matera 183 and nowadays Toby Greene at 182cm.

You can build your tank to get to more contests but you can't train or teach what those type of impact players have.

Hewett, Sheezel, Wardlaw and Humphrey have it from what I've seen. Tsatas looks like an accumulator, doesn't interest me and I think he'll fall. Clark will be sad faced if he's drafted anywhere but Geelong so forget him.

McKenzie, Ginbey and Allen's ceiling might be a Stenglein type player, which is fine. They could be over rated due to the Bont search. I'd be happy with Hewett and Buslinger at 8 and 12 if that's how it plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back