List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
West coast firmly established value for pick 2 last draft and it was pick 8 and 12 (in a draft that had an even top 10).

This year it would probably need pick 3 or 4 to go with Swans pick 11.
Just in isolation, and not looking at the players picked, it was very poor value for pick 2.

Just in isolation, and not looking at the players picked, it was very poor value for pick 2.
It depends on the draft really. The evenness of last year's top 10 made it fine for 2002, but you're right that it would be unders for 2023.

Didn't Brisbane trade a pick 2? What did they get?

Who cares, the time to take on the cost is the next year or two when our big contracts end and we don’t have many players drawing big salaries.

IIRC WCE had a big group of players with high salaries. From memory most look like going around again - Barrass may be on move, although even that seems to be being wound back.

I’m not sure we have got a great deal of cap space - barring significant increase to TPP.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

IIRC WCE had a big group of players with high salaries. From memory most look like going around again - Barrass may be on move, although even that seems to be being wound back.

I’m not sure we have got a great deal of cap space - barring significant increase to TPP.

McGovern’s ends this year, Gaff’s ends next year. If Barrass left, it would really only be Kelly and Allen pulling down the big bucks. The next two to three years are the ones where we have money to burn. Hopefully after that a few of our youngsters will be demanding big bucks.

Yep gaff 900k 1 more year, Kelly 1mil , gov will be on good coin again as I think he took a pay cut in the agreement of getting it back on his new contract . Barrass , Allen, yeo all on 750k+
Sheed is also on good coin the next 2 years 🤦

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West coast firmly established value for pick 2 last draft and it was pick 8 and 12 (in a draft that had an even top 10).

This year it would probably need pick 3 or 4 to go with Swans pick 11.
I felt it was comprehensively unders. Also we put up #40, Rioli and got back ports 2nd & 3rd

How upset would we be collectively if we take Curtin with pick 1? Because this scenario is getting more and more likely imo.
Curtin looks like a good player and it'd be good to massage the draft to get him with our second pick somehow.
But pick 1?

Reid - a lot of talk about being a mummy's boy but not from him or his manager. I'd be happy to pick him.
Jed Walter - did I hear he was a WC supporter? Regardless worth a very early bid. Either GC match or we get a get a genuine top 3 pick, arguably a worthy pick 1.
McKercher - I'm liking this kid. Good enough to be a pick 1. Interviews well and says is more than happy to go to WC and is a loyal sort who wants to be a one clubber. I'd actually be happy to take him with 1 also.

I felt it was comprehensively unders. Also we put up #40, Rioli and got back ports 2nd & 3rd
So Rioli was traded for about #56 - that was astute business.

How badly were we cleaned out by that bloke?

Derailed the 2019 finals campaign, cost heaps in support and then pissed it back in our faces.

Last edited:
How upset would we be collectively if we take Curtin with pick 1? Because this scenario is getting more and more likely imo.

I’d be completely deflated, I feel like that’s a franchise altering mistake that will be talked about forever.

It’s one thing splitting for Curtin and another top talent but just outright choosing him over Reid at 1 would be hilariously bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back