List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
This club is a joke...why tf are we challenging Williams bump? Fricken tank you idiots, we don't want to win this derby nor Bungers final game...achieves us nothing and in fact will set this club back years....

When Norf take generational talent and then WA's best prospect at pick 1 and 2, don't mop, you guys wanted this and i hope you will be happy by winning a meaningless game and costing this club.
Challenge get him off, then rest him. 😜

Would you take 11 and swans F1st.

Then give 11, Swans F1st and our 38 for Norf pick 2.

1 2 19 36

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hopefully North have hired the guys that were running Fremantle in the 90s, because that’s the only way they accept that trade.

m8 he left the ground, collected him in the chin, MRP defines medium impact as anything above shoulders that can cause further harm even if the initial damage is low...how is he going to get off? he elected to bump and left the ground and collected him high
Well then, it appears you have nothing to be worried about then ?

m8 he left the ground, collected him in the chin, MRP defines medium impact as anything above shoulders that can cause further harm even if the initial damage is low...how is he going to get off? he elected to bump and left the ground and collected him high
Then what are you whinging about. Edit: what twce13 said, but nicer.

Your argument seems to be we should not appeal because we should be tanking. But next thing you say is we have no chance of getting him off cause reasons. If you think we have no chance, why do you care about the appeal. Feels like you might just live permanently outraged.

I say appeal because it was a piss weak decision with little to no impact.

Last edited:

1 2 19 36

As others have said, that's extremely unlikely and unless we had assurances from North that they would accept this then no. If Sydney want him they need to do the deals to get us that top 5 pick would be my stance. Whether it is the club's stance is a different matter but I can't imagine they would be asking for much less.

Wasn’t it Morris that said Barrass was a lock to go to Sydney only a few weeks ago??

Hmmmm... they're suggesting that anyone willing to pick up Haynes' full salary could get a draft pick for their efforts. Given the number of youngsters on our list could would absorb $1.2m for a year, in return for a high pick? An experienced KPP defender wouldn't be the worst thing on our list, given McGovern's injury history.

Protect the player at all times (sling tackles, slam tackles, sliding at the legs, high bumps) by all means, but don't penalise accidental contact in a pure football action with no intent to injure or get into a position that will increase the chance of head injury. It shouldn't be that hard.
I would hope all clubs continue to challenge this until the AFL can get it right.

Yeah they don’t protect the players at all times though do they… it is just tinkering around the edges as it is a contact sport.

Guy tackles a player who slightly hits head on ground - uproar. Guy knees someone in the head taking a mark - give them a car (I don’t think they actually get a car anymore, but that’s not exactly the point).

They need to find a better way to allow the game to be played in the spirit that it has always been but avoiding the head injuries. Not easy, but also not happening at the moment

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

1 2 19 36

Nth part isn’t happening as others have said.

Would I take 11 plus Syds F1st… maybe.

Could we trade our F1st for a top 3/4/5 pick and a F2nd (more likely one on traded from a top 4ish team). Probably not, but getting a future pick back would make it much more palatable.

If it is all just to get Curtain though then probably keep TB. It seems a crazy play to trade out a high end (if not elite) key back for a swing at a guy who projects to be that.

Assuming we finish last and take Reid, Nth don’t get ridiculous compo or free picks and take Mckercher, can see hawks taking Watson. Melb may be willing to trade, if not would someone like Duursma be more their style than Curtain? Either way if Curtain is getting to 4 or 5 (excluding academy and assuming Nth only have their #2 pick no AFL magic formula) both of those picks are gettable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmmm... they're suggesting that anyone willing to pick up Haynes' full salary could get a draft pick for their efforts. Given the number of youngsters on our list could would absorb $1.2m for a year, in return for a high pick? An experienced KPP defender wouldn't be the worst thing on our list, given McGovern's injury history.
What's the bet if we took Haynes the afl wouldn't let us smooth his contract like the cats last year

I’d offer GWS pick 19 in exchange for one of their firsts and taking on Haynes deal. Especially if Barrass goes.

This club is a joke...why tf are we challenging Williams bump? Fricken tank you idiots, we don't want to win this derby nor Bungers final game...achieves us nothing and in fact will set this club back years....

When Norf take generational talent and then WA's best prospect at pick 1 and 2, don't mop, you guys wanted this and i hope you will be happy by winning a meaningless game and costing this club.
old-man-cloud-HD.jpg

“West Coast is challenging the Williams suspension because Nissy’s ego is more important than the club’s future success” is a take that’s definitely missing some steps in the reasoning process.
It definetly wasnt Simmos decision since he isnt responsible for anything

Id say this falls into "Do we want to pay a lawyer" which is 100% Nissy and his egos remit

It definetly wasnt Simmos decision since he isnt responsible for anything

Id say this falls into "Do we want to pay a lawyer" which is 100% Nissy and his egos remit

David Grace acts for the club pro bono, that’s mentioned every time his name comes up and something a supposed insider would know instantly.

1 2 19 36

West coast firmly established value for pick 2 last draft and it was pick 8 and 12 (in a draft that had an even top 10).

This year it would probably need pick 3 or 4 to go with Swans pick 11.

Nth part isn’t happening as others have said.

Would I take 11 plus Syds F1st… maybe.

Could we trade our F1st for a top 3/4/5 pick and a F2nd (more likely one on traded from a top 4ish team). Probably not, but getting a future pick back would make it much more palatable.

If it is all just to get Curtain though then probably keep TB. It seems a crazy play to trade out a high end (if not elite) key back for a swing at a guy who projects to be that.

Assuming we finish last and take Reid, Nth don’t get ridiculous compo or free picks and take Mckercher, can see hawks taking Watson. Melb may be willing to trade, if not would someone like Duursma be more their style than Curtain? Either way if Curtain is getting to 4 or 5 (excluding academy and assuming Nth only have their #2 pick no AFL magic formula) both of those picks are gettable.

If north doesn't get pick 3 I could also see Mckercher getting to pick 6 or 7 if they don't take him. That might be a tempting opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back